The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Do not Commit the Unpardonable sin....

Everyone.

I believe these verses in Matthew 12:31-32 refute the possibility of post-mortem faith.

Matthew 12:31-32 " Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."

The sin was the Pharisees’ deliberate unbelief of what they knew to be of God.( Miracles, healings, message, etc) Those who reject the gospel message sin against the Holy Spirit- because it is the Holy Spirit that testifies of Christ and makes the truth known to us.( John 15:26; 16:14,15) No forgiveness was possible for these Pharisees who witnessed Jesus’ miracles first-hand, knew the truth of His claims, and still blasphemed the Holy Spirit- because they had already rejected the fullest possible revelation.( Hebrews 10:29). So, Unbelief is the unpardonable sin, in this life and the next. Look forward to your comments. :wink:

What nonsense! I think what you’re trying to say is that every sin will be forgiven except for not believing your crap!

Resurrected people won’t suffer from ‘unbelief’ - the things ‘not seen’ will be seen. Lack of ‘faith’ is a thing of the past.

I suggest you read the entire chapter to get what Christ was saying. Otherwise, sit quietly in the corner and learn something for a change. You’re not a teacher, you’re a parrot.

It is only unforgivable for an age and an age (a day and a night) as explain in previous discussions aion represents an age with beginning and end. :sunglasses:

Let us break down the ages.

1. This present age (This age)
  2. The first resurrection and the reign for 1000 years. (Age to Come)
  3. The rest of the dead are raised, Jesus gives the Kingdom over to the Father and God becomes all in all.

There is a third age in which all are raised, the reason why blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is unforgivable in this age and the age to come, is because it dictates who participates in the first resurrection and reigns with Christ for that age.

This was one of the first things I laughed about when the Lord told me about it, because it is right there in the Scriptures what ages blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is unforgivable and why.

Ironically the reason why sinners who did not believe they are raised on the third day (LOL) is because they are forgiven in the RESURRECTION.

Sheesh. The unpardonable sin is attributing the Holy Spirit to Satan. Can’t anyone READ?

If unbelief is unpardonable - then we are all unpardonable because that’s where we started. There’s no repentance for it, and no amount of faith or crying Lord Lord to overturn what is unpardonable.

Jesus gave the length of how long the sin is unpardonable, this age and the age to come. It matters not what caused the sin, what matters is Jesus told us only how long it will last, two ages. So if someone attributes the power of the Holy Spirit to Satan, they will not be forgiven in this age or the age to come.

So we have a length of how long something remains unpardonable / unforgivable and it is two ages. So this passage is has no value in supporting eternal torment doctrine.

Craig.

An age represents 1000 yrs? Is that correct? By your calculations if someone dies in their sin they will be tormented beyond our finite minds in the flames for 2000 yrs and be reconciled to God somehow by faith?

So the entire human race sits in the corner for two ages for committing the ‘unpardonable sin of unbelief’. Interesting.

“But they can repent of their unbelief.” They can and do and are forgiven. Unbelief is, therefore, NOT the ‘unpardonable sin’ since it is pardoned, daily. Are you listening BA?

I never addressed what he said the Unpardonable was only its duration what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is (what it means to attribute the power of the Holy Spirit to Satan) is up for definition. The Holy Spirit guides us to all truth, to reject the Holy Spirit and accept the Message of the Cross as foolishness is a legitimate (although perhaps not entirely accurate) reason to believe this is attributing the Holy Spirit to Satan.

My personal belief on it is that He was actually talking the Pharisee, the religious might of the time who rejected Jesus by attributing his power to Beelzebub.

Whatever it is - it must be incredibly rare. Maybe Auggie remembers it…but I once was in a debate with a Calvinist who was saying that the Holy Spirit, essentially, inspired men to do evil - I reminded him of the unpardonable sin and he immediately shut up and may still be shaking in his boots to this day. That’s the closest I’ve seen but, even then, may not have crossed the line.

Craig and Ranran.

I will post the answer again guys.

The sin was the Pharisees’ deliberate unbelief of what they knew to be of God.( Miracles, healings, message, etc) Those who reject the gospel message sin against the Holy Spirit- because it is the Holy Spirit that testifies of Christ and makes the truth known to us.( John 15:26; 16:14,15) No forgiveness was possible for these Pharisees who witnessed Jesus’ miracles first-hand, knew the truth of His claims, and still blasphemed the Holy Spirit- because they had already rejected the fullest possible revelation.( Hebrews 10:29). So, Unbelief is the unpardonable sin, in this life and the next.

Craig.

Could you respond to this: An age represents 1000 yrs? Is that correct? By your calculations if someone dies in their sin they will be tormented beyond our finite minds in the flames for 2000 yrs and be reconciled to God somehow by faith?

If it is - then no amount of repentance or faith will reverse that in this life or the next. What part of ‘unpardonable’ don’t you understand?

Ranran.

Amen! Go Ranran Go Ranran.Tell’em Ranran. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

The years are metaphorical, they are not literal. An age is an age by definition is indefinite usually determining the physical human lifespan but also denoting a 24 hour period to a years beyond the lifespan. Ages defined as without beginning or end is a misnomer as it actually referencing an age that started before or lasts longer than a human lifespan and therefore appears to be without beginning or end.

The word torment is not what you were told, as I mentioned before, the greek word is Basanizo which means “a process and means in attaining the truth”. The end result is once the truth is revealed the Basanizo also ends. Everything God has a purpose, it is not wanton torture for the sake of inflicting pain and suffering.

Lamentations 3:30-41
Let him give his cheek to the smiter, let him be filled with reproach. For the Lord will not reject forever,for if He causes grief then He will have compassion according to His abundant lovingkindness. For He does not afflict willingly or grieve the sons of men. Who is there who speaks and it comes to pass, unless the Lord has commanded it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both good and evil go forth? Why should any living mortal, or any man, offer complaint in view of his sins? Let us examine and probe our ways, and return to the LORD. We lift up our heart and hands toward God in heaven

Less dogma, more truth BA.

Evidently, RanRan’s point went right over BA’s head.

It seems to do that with BA, but since BA won’t answer direct questions he will never understand why he missed the point.

[size=200]BA here is the questions:

1. BA before the Gospel is presented to the world, were and are they considered in unbelief?
    YES or NO[/size]

Craig.

you said: The years are metaphorical, they are not literal. An age is an age by definition is indefinite usually determining the physical human lifespan but also denoting a 24 hour period to a years beyond the lifespan. Ages defined as without beginning or end is a misnomer as it actually referencing an age that started before or lasts longer than a human lifespan and therefore appears to be without beginning or end.

Born Again: What? Where in the world did you come up with that formula? Do the unbelievers who “somehow” come to faith after they are tormented in flames by your formula ride into glory on unicorns, too? :laughing: C’mon Craig. Seriously.

Aaron.

I’m sorry…I must of missed it…what was Ranran’s point? Did Ranran mean that nobody in this life can come to faith because of unbelief??? Does that make any sense if he did mean that? ???I hope he didn’t mean that. :blush:

Craig.

you said: BA here is the questions:

1. BA before the Gospel is presented to the world, were and are they considered in unbelief?
    YES or NO?

Born again: Metaphorically or Literally?

It is the Greek definition of the words Jesus used. So I didn’t make up any formula, those are His Words… but wait are you saying that His Words are a lie, are you attributing the Words of Jesus and the Power of the Holy Spirit who inspired them to be Spoken actually from the devil? I guess you are far more oblivious than I thought, you just committed blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, this does not make me feel good sharing this sad news with you. I will be waiting for you after the two ages are completed. :angry:

Let me rephrase so you cannot play games anymore.
[size=200]

Metaphorically: YES or NO?
    Literally: YES or NO?[/size]