The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Dr. Mouw Speaks to Rob Bell and His Church

marshill.org/teaching/2011/04/03 … -thyatira/

Thanks Roofus! I started listening to it during my lunch break, good so far, hope I get to listen to the rest this evening :slight_smile:

Does he eventually broach universal reconciliation? I’m wondering why this thread is in this forum, but I haven’t heard the whole message.

He’s a Calvinist, but it was a good sermon, encouraging, supporting Rob Bell, who he sees is seeking the truth in love :slight_smile:

He discusses it indirectly. i.e. Rob Bell’s opponents have it wrong, it won’t be a small group of the elect but a huge multitude from everything corner of the earth.

My take is that he doesn’t agree with UR, but it is interesting how he deals with with pastorally (vs MacArthur and co.)
Why wouldn’t this thread be in the forum, arent’ the relationships between ECT and UR proponents an important topic? I would say that in God’s heart it is a very big concern…

Okay, I didn’t know that the guy is an ECT’er or that he even broached the topic. Like I said, I didn’t listen to the whole thing. My bad, carry on! :mrgreen:

Excellent sermon. Gracious, authoritative and subtle. Interesting that he emphasized Rev 5 as being one of his favorite passages. Notice how he quoted “with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribe and language and people and nation” a couple of times. But two verses later, we have, “every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea” praising God!

Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Say no more.