The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Dreams eh... what are they?

Those things you experience in your sleep, what are they?

Most of my life I’ve been secular and thought they were entirely encased in my head. A strange, usually very unsuccessful art collab between my subconscious and my mind. But since experiencing ones obviously beyond my budget, I started to think there might be something else going on.

Don’t neglect to show hospitality, for by doing this some have welcomed angels as guests without knowing it. (Hebrews 13:2) Could this apply to our dreams?

Are those people, some helpful and some scary, are they poor, impoverished, spirit actors just looking for any work they can get? I made the mistake of going to art school and can relate.

Has anyone tried getting truths of life, by asking those people in the their dreams? I have gone to bed with the intention, but once there, just forget and lose all power.

Sleep is used as a metaphor for death in the old and new testaments,eg. Deuteronomy 31:16, Acts 12:36.

and the tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who have fallen asleep, arose, (Matthew 27:52) I don’t know much about the ‘realm of the dead’ belonging to some cultures, but know it can be entered into through some drug induced sleep, might be relevant.

I am edging towards, dreams being things of the spirit. If you have any thoughts, please share.

1 Like

Spoiler alert for anyone who hasn’t read the book of Daniel. King Nebuchadnezzar is a cow who became the king of Babylon, only for God to ruin his fun and send him back to his field. God said to him: “How have thee escaped me providence Cow and with a bolt of lightning, the heavens were destroyed and Cow Nebuchadnezzar fell to earth, Babylon, dairy farm .”

This is from today’a Patheos Evangelical newsletter.

Enjoyable article, but the author is a bit cold towards God.

“When someone tells me, “God told me to tell you” I stop them. Why would God use a third party to tell me something when He can tell me directly or the answer’s already there; in the Bible”

Peoples dreams that they recognise as spiritual, eg rapture dreams, (from what I have seen) always consist of clear symbols that are also present in the bible. “We must remember that no man or woman can interpret dreams”. The flesh can not interpret dreams as the flesh can not understand God’s truth. IMO