The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Driscoll: "Justice wins"

, Driscoll"]Finished long day of gospel preaching to hear the glorious news that bin Laden is now dead, killed by CIA! Thank you soldiers who tracked him for a decade. Thank you Jesus for being His JUDGE

, Driscoll"]The cheering crowds remind us that justice is glorious & comes ultimately through Jesus cross or hell. Justice wins :neutral_face: I think justice wins, but in the same way that love does; through God reconciling and restoring of all things.

Prov 24: Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoiceā€¦

Sounds very Christian. Unfortunately, the verse continuesā€¦

ā€œor the LORD will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from them.ā€

It seems if you want God to really blast your enemies, make jolly sure youā€™re not too pleased about itā€¦ :confused:

, Driscoll"]Finished long day of gospel preaching to hear the glorious news that bin Laden is now dead, killed by CIA! Thank you soldiers who tracked him for a decade. Thank you Jesus for being His JUDGE

, Driscoll"]The cheering crowds remind us that justice is glorious & comes ultimately through Jesus cross or hell. Justice wins

Sigh. Where to beginā€¦

I pray for the day when the Christian community overwhelmingly recognizes the utter darkness behind statements like these.

Yes, I too was grieved by the response, celebration of many people over the death of Osama.

Sad. What can one say to Driscoll?

Tom

Nice that you guys on this board have the same reaction as I do about gloating over someoneā€™s death. I guess I shouldnā€™t be surprised since we all tend to be kindred spirits. Justice really isnā€™t in death, but in restoration and things being made right. Neal, on fb, was really going out on a limb to challenge the way we, Christians, respond to Osamaā€™s death. Itā€™s such a sensitive subject that I havenā€™t the guts to post what I really think. Too many will misunderstand or perhaps theyā€™ll just dislike it? Iā€™ve got to choose my battles. Iā€™ll save mine for, when Iā€™m done, recommending everyone read Love Wins. :laughing:

This is really something!

If calling our brother ā€œfoolā€ puts us in danger of hell fire, what do we risk by cheering and dancing at the news of his death?

Of course, they say they are just celebrating the defeat of evil and itā€™s not about revenge. God knows the heart.

I love proverbs. :slight_smile:

Since it is not Hell Fire, but Gehenna, namely the judgement of Gehenna. We know that calling your brother a fool when he is warning you to leave the city, will put you under the judgement of Gehenna. Since Gehenna is done, we have nothing to worry about concerning hell fire. The principle however is, donā€™t judge anyone think about it logically and take everything with a grain of salt. No good can come in calling a person a fool unless you know for sure that they are and you are rebuking them for their foolishness (in a godly, graceful manner of course).

According to Driscollā€™s theology, in the last moments of Osamaā€™s death, God could have unconditionally elected Osama while Osama started to believe in the Lordship and Saviorhood of Jesus. :mrgreen:

Interesting angleā€¦

The last will be first?

I think it timely to remember that bin Laden was a far closer ally to us than Dawkins and his materialist mates. God also is working to create much that jihad wishes to create (though God uses far different means.) For example, God would have us speak with him as a loving child to a father. Jihad would have us pray five times a day like a subject trembling before an absolute potentate. Dawkins would abolish prayer altogether as an absurdity.