The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Duck!

Of course it’s not in the same league as telling Stellar above that he is going to be erased from the book of life is it?

:smiley:

Whatever, we all know you are nortorious for your disrespectful, erroneous comments… I’m getting tired of seeing it. It has no place on this forum or anywhere else.

Aaron,

I have refered your complaint to the moderators so that you realise we do take these things seriously.

Welsh humour. :mrgreen: Really though, the possibility of Aaron being fallible is no laughing matter. This is a case for the Thought-Police to ponder.

Aaron, perhaps it’s time to show a little forbearance? But you do realize that your comment was rather egotistical, don’t you?

Anyway, I apologize for starting this exchange by my sarcastic remark.

Sonia

:confused:

Forbearance has nothing to do with Ran’s behavior. He has shown a pattern of disrespectful, wreckless behavior.There is no reason for it, and it has no place on this discussion forum. Enough is enough and hope the moderators feel the same way, too.

Aaron, if you go back over this thread you will find that it was I asking Sonia to bear with you and give you the benefit of the doubt.

But it was your own sloppy writing that lead me to think that you were talking about God and not your own vaulting ego when you mentioned, “All things are possible.”

Sonia saw through it and I got hoodwinked. I have never seen anyone write about themselves in that manner. It’s strange ground for me. The closest stuff I’ve read approaching that sort of arrogance was Freud - and he was on crack!

Whatever you say, my brother. How about the other 100 disrespectful comments you’ve made, Ran? Were you hoodwinked by their posts,too? I believe your act is coming to an end.

At my age everything is coming to an end. I’ve fought a good fight - the best that I could. I’m His and not some rubber stamp of what you or anyone else thinks that means. I don’t worry because He will always be faithful. If it wasn’t for screw-ups there wouldn’t be an OT - just platitudes and nobodies.

“If you are going to sin, sin boldly!” Can you understand that advice to Luther? If you can’t, you’re trapped. A religious pawn not so much moved about the board as floated above it in a wave of doing the expected. You haven’t even begun to think for yourself.

You have your moments, Ran. I love ya, I don’t love the way you behave. :smiley:

I love ya too - that’s why I keep pounding on you. Your ego is like glass but it will get shattered one day. You like to be on top but will find yourself on the bottom. THEN you will find the Savior of all mankind. It will be like death itself. It’s coming and it won’t be the neat accommodation you feel you deserve - but the real McCoy. i.e. What you are praying for, and, in the midst of it, wish you hadn’t.

Remember this post.

Who are you talking about that’s not willing to be corrected? Is everyone that says something wrong not willing to be corrected? We were just talking about an honest person unintentionally getting a doctrine wrong and you changed the subject to someone who’s not willing to listen to correction.

That passage spoken by Jesus isn’t talking about doctrine but sin, at least in my translation. Which one are you using?

What’s liberal Christianity?

And that’s not a threat, because I think we’ve all experienced this at least to some degree or another. I’ve had the living snot knocked out of me by the presence of God. It took a bit for me to realize what was going on, though.

Anyway, I heard the verse quoted in the OP as saying, “reasonableness” instead of “forbearance,” in church last Sunday. I don’t believe everything I hear but I’m too busy/tired/lazy right now to look it up for myself. hah. :laughing:

I’ve already found the Savior, Ran. I’m born again, filled with the Holy Spirit, and on fire for God! I have it just like the bible says! What you call ego…I call confidence, my friend. Where did Jesus say you should pound on someone with rude disrespectful behavior? Have you found the Savior of all mankind, Ran? Treat people the way you want to be treated…love them as God loves you…not pound them with disrespectful behavior, Ran.

Remember this post.

There’s also something called “sanctification.” It’s not enough to merely be saved, you have to continually encounter Salvation again and again in continuing areas and layers of your life. In a sense it reaches more superficial everyday areas, but in another sense altogether it goes deeper and deeper into the recesses of your soul until you are fully his.

It definitely doesn’t stop at that first prayer, or however you end up meeting Him. There is much more to us than a simple decision. God wants all of us, the whole big complicated mess so He can make us fully holy.