The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Egoism and a Relationship with God

Okay… so here we go again on more Jewish Biblical stuff. I’ve been reading into Kabbalah for a little while now and I’m getting to slowly understand why people study it.

A major aspect of Kabbalah is understanding your purpose in life which is to get closer to God. Kabbalist’s would therefore say that the key to doing this is by realising how much your ego has a control over you. The more you realise this and eventually change it, the closer you get to understanding God and things that are from above.

Do you guys think this could be the case?

Well, I’m a lifetime member - of the Theosophical Society. Chiefly for their extensive, library book collection. And in my studies there, I did dabble in studying Kabbalah - among other things. So, are you a Kabbalah follower?

Hmm that’s very cool Zombie. I think that they do a much better job at understanding the deeper reasons for existence and purpose then Christians do IMO. It just seems more thought out and detailed in knowledge and wisdom, so I guess I am a follower (at least out of interest). How long have you been dabbling in Kabbalah?

Currently, I am not dabbling in it. But Kabbalah has been of interest, to both Jewish and Christian traditions. I would say it was part of my studies, of the Esoteric literature - from the Theosophical Society. Currently, I just “dabble” in embracing the love of Christ (towards God and man) and the Buddhist compassion…The sacraments and teachings, of the Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Catholic churches (especially the Holy Fool tradition)…The ceremonies and medicines, of the Red and Amazon Roads (AKA Native American spirituality)…And the silent contemplation methods, from the East…that’s enough to keep me busy.

But I am currently “dabbling”, in my wormhole science project. But no zombies from Z-Hell (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9), have emerged yet!: :wink:

I have to agree with this…and extend this, to ALL esoteric endeavors…including the secret stuff, in the Mormon temple…

But in an “official” capacity, as a Theosophical Society member…I would say other Theosophical Society members, might have other opinions regarding this. But I do find the Jewish Golem myths interesting…as the X-Files, once had a show - devoted to it!

Perhaps this might “initiate”, the zombies from Z-Hell (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)?

@qaz What lead you to that conclusion? Do you see no importance in it’s messages?

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed. The insight into the mystery of life, coupled though it be with fear, has also given rise to religion. To know what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness.” ~~ Albert Einstein

Hmm fair enough. I feel like @hollytree’s quote makes a good point about there being purpose in mystery. Otherwise it would just be handed to us and where is the fun in that.