The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Eric Reitan, pro-universalist author, excerpt from new book

Eric Reitan teaches philosophy at Oklahoma State University, and his recent book (joining the backlash against the “New Atheist” movement of popular apologists like Richard Dawkins) Is God A Delusion? – A Reply To Religion’s Cultured Despisers was named one of Choice’s “Outstanding Academic Titles of 2009”.

He and John Kronen are currently drafting a book on hell (largely from the perspective and doctrinal usage across the history of Christianity) which looks to come out in favor of some kind of universalism. He’ll be posting excerpts from this book (which he currently calls by the humorous nickname “That Damned Book”–very Lewisian! :mrgreen:) as web-journal entries on his blog. The first such entry went up on March 5 this year (2010), and can be found with commentary here as “The Possibility of Christian Universalism”.

(No new excerpts have been posted yet as of 3/22/10, btw.)

His excerpt and subsequent commentary were good enough that I decided to link to it. :smiley:

Crawling back into my nasty hole of headcold crud… :laughing:

That was fabulous Jason! Thanks!!!
Eric Reitan certainly is insightful and has a very sharp mind. (Not unlike your own JP… :smiley: )
I shall look forward to reading more…
Wow…

TotalVictory
Bobx3

A bit more information (which I’ll also add as fuller clarification to another recent post of mine):