The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Eugene Peterson: Would Jesus Condemn Rob Bell?

nearemmaus.wordpress.com/2011/03/17/eugene-peterson-defends-rob-bell-and-endorses-his-book/

Wow! false prophets put out nothing but fallacies. I particular love this part from Mr. Eugene Peterson

Quote:
“And I don’t think that brothers and sisters in the kingdom of God should fight. I think that’s bad family manners…”

Quote:
“I don’t agree with everything Rob Bell says. But I think they’re worth saying. I think he puts a voice into the whole evangelical world which, if people will listen to it, will put you on your guard against judging people too quickly, making rapid dogmatic judgments on people…”

HERE IT IS! :wink:

Quote:
“The only people Jesus threatens are the Pharisees. But everybody else gets pretty generous treatment. There’s very little Christ, very little Jesus, in these people who are fighting Rob Bell…”

I believe I have been judged. I am told I have very little Christ in me and have been labeled a pharisee by someone who said, Christians shouldn’t fight. False prophets are full of hypocrisy.

Heh! Mr. Eugene Peterson. I think we should reexamine Jesus having a wife or that He even died, maybe that He even existed at all…or that Jesus was a pedophile-He did like the children alot. It’s true I have no evidence of him interferring with children but I am just opening a dialogue here. I think we can discuss and examine. I don’t mean anything by it. I am just saying. :unamused:

The Truth doesn’t need to be defended and should be able to take any criticism. I think the Lord said to try Him? Are we so afraid that we’ll be proven wrong that we can’t stand against criticism.

Oxymoron,

Calling a person a false prophet because you disagree with their opinion is not allowed on this forum. Please moderate your words in the future.

In addition, bringing the charge of “false prophet” against anyone is serious business and should not be undertaken lightly and without much prayerful consideration and evidence presented.

Sonia

I agree with the critique of EP’s overly convenient double-standard about judging.

I have not yet seen anywhere yet, though, that either Eugene Peterson or Rob Bell have been making claims to be prophets, thus open to the charge of being false prophets per se. You are entirely welcome to quote them where they do so. But until then, please be aware that (as Sonia said) unsubstantiated accusations of false prophecy are not welcome on this forum, whether directed against universalists or non-universalists (or even non-Christians).

As do I.

Good point Oxy.