The Evangelical Universalist Forum

General to Specific Doubts about God worse for Universalist?

My Apolagies for not completely answering before the Question put to me In Regards to who are the Religiouse Pharisees of this day and age ?

I feel sure everybody who is a member of this Online Forum who believes in Gods plan of Universal Salvation of all, has already encountered or met these people for themselves, and knows exactly who I am describing here, by their Fruit (for want of a better word)

Have a Great day Everybody

You know, that is interesting… I mean, technically there is a third class of people there. We tend to only see two, Goats and Sheep, but the third class would be those who needed help. Whether this was your intention or not, this is the first time I realized this. Hmm, food for thought.

Actually, mathematically, it could still be only two groups, though highly unlikely… I see a third group now, to be honest.

This observation is good, and the realisation of it shows there is something other to this text than the usual “them/us” divide and all the conflated nonsense imposed upon it. With a similar train of thought in mind as you raise Gabe consider this…

It is interesting to note that this passage mentions three separate identities: the Lamb — “Christ”; “His Wife” — the firstfruit believers; THEN — “those who are called” — none other than the multitudes of humanity, from among whom come those who in faith respond to the Spirit and Bride’s invitation to “Come!”… this is an endless invitation (Rev 14:6). Those responding are the “offspring” of the great union and consummation of AD70 i.e., believers; NOT demigods BUT servant followers of Christ — believers.

Thus the consummation of a wedding is not its end but rather its most glorious of beginnings…

Again note… those designated by John’s “him who hears” from among “those who are called” are the continual offspring of the Church Victorious, both of the firstfruits of Heaven and of the living Church Triumphant in the Earth — and like their Heavenly forebears proclaim, “COME!” What a great message of reconciliation we have.

So where is the Church? In Heaven and in the Earth, for she is the one glorious ‘body of believers’ having differing expressions according to her habitation — though there be one Lord and Master over this corporate House that embraces either side of eternity.

Thank you, Gents, for this observation that these two texts portray three classes.