The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Genisis 3 - The knowledge of Good and Evil?

i have just had a run though to check and this topic as it appears in Genisis 3 does not seem to have come up before so here goes:
How is this knowledge of good and evil manifested in our lives?
What is its opposite?
I think that there is much to discuss here about the purposes of God and how he appears in the OT and the picture we see in Jesus together with how the NT writers saw him post gospels. Does any of this help us to understand a more helpful approach to the law in the OT and the Royal Law in the new?
I would value any thoughts and comments as I have been mulling this over in the back of my mind for some months.

Well Chris, here are my** initial **thoughts. I think you posted this topic twice - are you aware of this? Perhaps you can delete the one without any comments yet?

It usually comes apparent as we study philosophy and theology - which is the lens through which we see good and evil. And for the average person, it’s communicated by our parents, friends, clergy and congregational members (if we have any), etc.

Probably thinking there is no such thing as good and evil - but social laws do restrain individuals, so they do need to acknowledge them - whether they agree with them or not. I have finished a couple books from folks who either were ATF (a US federal, law enforcement agency) agents or informants for the ATF (i.e. Alcohol, tobacco and firearms). They became full patched members of violent motorcycle gangs and wrote about them. The gangs probably best represent the opposite.

Besides New Testament theologians and clergy, it’s good to get perspective here from Jewish rabbis and writers, regarding the Old Testament…

Here’s another answer to Paidion’s comment to me, which is found in the topic board index.

So I guess we really need to get a definition, from the admins and moderators. Does 2 identical topics count as “one new topic” or “two new topics”? And in accordance with the Russian Orthodox holy fools tradition, I know how to answer in 2 identical topic threads.

I’m no computer wiz so can’t claim any merit in this at all - shame really! I suppose someone will take pity and sort it :astonished:

Don’t worry Chris. No harm done. It’s an innocent mistake. But everyone in the Russian Orthodox, Holy Fools tradition, would enjoy the discussions here.