The Evangelical Universalist Forum

GOD IN CHRIST SAYS, "BLAME ME"

GOD IN CHRIST SAYS, “BLAME ME”

He was despised and rejected by people. He was a man of sorrows, familiar with suffering. He was despised like one from whom people turn their faces, and we didn’t consider him to be worth anything. Is 53:3

*The veil had been rent and Jesus had played out the drama of the innocent scapegoat right before our very eyes. Here is the holiest, purest, most spotless man that ever lived. What does the world do?
Blister Him,
Blast Him,
Bruise Him. **

He was the outcast of all outcasts; this Son of God. This Jesus, who opened not His mouth, took upon Himself the role of the despised scapegoat as people kicked Him, mocked Him, reviled Him, spat upon Him and finally killed Him.

Through the ages this world has known a thousand Gods, but there is only One that came to rescue man as an innocent scapegoat. As a scapegoat, He came, to carry away all of man’s abuse, all of man’s angst and the whole of the burden of man’s sin. For Love’s sake the Creator became an outcast within His own creation. Surely, only on bended knee, might we ever even begin to fathom this!

And he will swallow up on this mountain the covering that is cast over all peoples, the veil that is spread over all nations. Isaiah 25:7

God, in Christ Jesus, stooped and became man’s scapegoat. By His atonement, He not only becomes our scapegoat but He says, “blame Me.” Always a paradox of the Kingdom; here the blameless One carries the blame.

“Creation was subjected to frustration but not by its own choice. The one who subjected it to frustration did so in the hope.” Rom 8:20

It is God that placed man in sinful flesh. He is responsible for the purpose and plan to humble man by the same. God, through the demonstration of Christ Jesus suffering the cross, not only says, “blame me,” but He tells us, “I humble My own self and suffer as you.”

Oh, what a Saviour, what a Worthy Priest, what a Servant King , is our God and Kinsman Redeemer!

John

[size=85]*(Ravenhill)[/size]