The Evangelical Universalist Forum

God's Justice Is Holy Justice

To be holy means to be set apart and special. It’s to be distinct. Holiness when applied to God not only refers to moral purity but to everything that separates God from His creation and His creatures. So, while God is love He’s holy love. His justice is a holy justice. We see this justice at the cross. At the cross we see Holy justice. What is unique about this justice is that it produces resurrection. The justice at the cross is suffering, death, and then resurrection. It’s judgment followed by resurrection. The Bible says Christ learned obedience through what He suffered. Therefore, the retribution at the cross includes disciplinary and restoration and resurrection. This is God’s holy (unique) justice. He kills but makes alive.

Yes, “holy” does mean “set apart.” and God’s true, holy “justice” is not retributive, but restorative.

There’s nothing unique about that. What I gave is Holy (unique) justice.

Did you think I was disagreeing?

I was saying that God’s justice is suffering, death and resurrection. That’s holy justice. It includes retribution. This happened in 70 AD also known as the Days of Vengeance. These days are completed and over with. We shouldn’t use retribution anymore but more along the lines of a healing circle or rehabilitation. The Days of Vengeance was God executing His justice on the Jews for the crucifixion of Jesus. It was suffering death and resurrection. Judgment Day is over and therefore so is Vengeance. The new heavens and earth began in 70 A.D. but still hasn’t reached it’s full consummations yet. That is to say, the new heavens and earth began in 70 AD but hasn’t fully developed or worked itself out. I believe things have been slowly improving since the NT times and 70 AD destruction. There are setbacks but It will overall continually get better and better until the full consumation of the new heaven and earth where there will be no more death or suffering.

https://thehealingcircle.ca/therapy-practice/healing-circles/

The word “justice” is closely related to “righteousness.” God demonstrates His justice by correcting those who rebel against Him. If they do not repent and submit to correction in this life, they will in the next. Eventually all will submit.

Therefore God has highly exalted Him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-11)

I want to make clear that the word “should” in the context does not mean “ought to” as the word is so frequently used today. This word is in the subjunctive mode. The idea is that God exalted Jesus with the purpose of every knee bowing before Him and confessing Him as Lord. A lot of people today never use “should” in this way. Instead they use “would” (God exalted Him so that every knee would bow).

So this is God’s justice—correcting every one, no matter how long it takes.

God’s justice never involves punishment for wrongdoing—always correction. As one wise man put it “All of God’s judgments are remedial.”

Even a good earthly parent doesn’t punish his children (You did this; therefore you’ll pay for it by being locked in your room for the next day) but corrects his children. (You did this; therefore you’ll have no pie until you learn to behave.)

God’s justice is never retributive. Nor is the justice of a good earthly father.

Jesus is love and Joseph was a type of Christ. The Old Testament law forbid the mixing of different types of fabric of clothing. This reminds me of Joseph’s coat of many colors. In Christ the divisions and distinctions are done away with as the law is done away with. The old created order is no more. What remains is faith hope and love. No one gets to the Father but through Christ. It’s a coat of many colors. In Christ there’s neither Greek or Jew, slave or free, male or female. The Bride is made up of male and female. The many pathways of other nations religions all lead to Christ (unity of love). It’s the coat of many colors fulfilled in Christ. The new creation began in 70 A.D. but hasn’t reached it’s full consummations yet. We are all one in Christ. Many pathways to the unity of love. Christ is the head. All submit to love indeed.

DSOTM%5B1%5D

Christ’s robe is a snow radiant white light - a coat of many colors - Christ is light

White is produced when all colors of the visible spectrum are combined. These colors are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. They are the colors of the rainbow and can be easily remembered by the mnemonic ROY G BIV. The colors that are seen are the result of wavelengths of light reflected to the eyes.

To artists, black is considered a color , white is generally not. In light, the opposite holds true. Black is the absence of color , and white is the presence of all color

A Father can punish his child to correct and discipline and to punish. There’s nothing immoral about retribution. The orthodox view of Robin Parry shows how the Bible combines retribution and restoration.

I have to agree. Retribution can be the way of rehabilitation which can then bring forth restoration.

1 Like

I need to get away from this forum. I hate Preterism with such passion that I’m removing myself from this forum and will leave you all to your demonically inspired Atheistic Eschatology.

Preterism use to be banned from several forums, now, Preterist have destroyed nearly every Christian forum on the net and have over-run them with their blasphemy. Most sensible people know Preterism is illogical, incoherent and most of all - demonic.

The only difference between Preterism and that old, white, crusty, dried out piece of dog shit on my front lawn is - that old, white, crusty, dried out piece of dog shit doesn’t stink anymore.

See all of you later.

Yep… probably a wise thing you are no longer a pastor :roll_eyes:

Then go. What, do you expect anyone to beg you to stay?

E Pluribus Unum is Latin for "out of many, one ." Sometimes it is translated more loosely as “one from many.” E Pluribus Unum was once the motto of the United States of America and references the fact that the cohesive single nation was formed as the result of the thirteen smaller colonies joining together.

Unity in diversity. It’s where the term University comes from. It’s the paradox of the Trinity. It reflects Reality. One from many.

God is light - the unity of love - The Truth is multifaceted diamond. It’s Josephs coat of many colors. Joseph was a type of Christ. Out of the many one. Unity in diversity - University
. The Holy Trinity

texas-christian-university_416x416%5B1%5D

It’s called being a dumb @ss. Can’t fix stupid. We can only try to understand.:wink:

Thanks qaz