The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How does the LOF Compare with our God?

Not sure I understand David. (I have limited experience with the forum format.) Are you saying the OP closed the thread in reaction to the aforementioned aphorisms?

And what is the old thread returned? All I can see is the closed thread notice.

Dear Ben: You will make your way around on C.F. eventually. The thread you desire is>>>

I have just received a message from headquarters that we need to communicate my p.m. which shall be after this message.

Would any others on this forum be interested in joining us? Welcome to you!

I donā€™t know how or why you come to the belief that ā€˜in this lifeā€™ plenty of ā€˜Jews, agnostics, atheists, Hindus etcā€™ are separated from God. That is a very bleak view which I do not share.
Paul said to the Athenians ā€œIn Him WE live, move and have our beingā€ -that applies to everybody.

1 Like

But maybe there is no separate existence from God. So a state of torment is out the window, and a state of wanting to better ourselves is the new paradigm, a place where we can find revelation and acceptance in the Father. Your mental state of torment is simply people making stupid choices. John Wayne said 'Life is tough, but it is a whole lot tougher if you are stupid"

Good luckā€¦

1 Like

Hi Qaz and Chad.
Iā€™m using the word ā€˜separated fromā€™ in the sense of ā€˜alienated fromā€™ as obviously God is actually omnipresent .

Itā€™s not plain to me at all. There are degrees of alienation, there is no doubt about that.
I fully believe that a particular atheist may be less alienated from God (or closer to God to use simpler language) than many theists or so called Christians. The fact that the atheist is unaware of that is irrelevant.

1 John 4:16 Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

1 Like