The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Could be.

For your enlightenment:

"This is what the actual numbers look like.

Of the 15,479 Syrian refugees admitted by the end of Thursday:

ā€“15,302 (98.8 percent) are Muslims ā€“ 15,134 Sunnis, 29 Shiā€™a, and 139 other Muslims

ā€“125 (0.8 percent) are Christians ā€“ 32 Catholics, 32 Orthodox, five Protestants, four Jehovahā€™s Witnesses, and 52 refugees described only as ā€œChristianā€ in State Department Refugee Processing Center data

Thatā€™s 125 versus 15,302.

This is what President Trump wants to overturn. This is what the left, from the New York Times, are fighting. They want to import Muslim terrorists while closing the doors on Syrian Christians."
This is from a conservative website, so lefties may want to check with their Ouija boards to see if it is true or not.

The deafening quiet suggests FFA sympathisers know they canā€™t dismiss McCainā€™s interjections as ā€œfake newsā€, ā€œalternative factsā€ or some other lame excuse. :unamused:

No davo, it is not a deafening silence, Iā€™m just getting tired of stating the answers that anyone kind find, and then having to defend the scientific method from abuse.
Hereā€™s some links to various sources that cover all the topics.
maverickphilosopher.typepad.com/ ā€¦ sible.html
frontpagemag.com/point/26563 ā€¦ greenfield
frontpagemag.com/fpm/265627/ ā€¦ rt-spencer

There are others but the net is open to all of us here.

Did you watch the little vid above? :unamused: :unamused: Refugees make America great?

Iā€™m ONLY referencing McCainā€¦ is that really ā€œabuseā€?? Which Republican do you agree with, Trump or McCain?

Or let me put on my Socrates hat.

If any Republican in Congress, differs with Mr. Trump (i.e. Ryan, McCain, etc.),ā€¦do you and the F.F.A., always side with Trump?
Or if any high level church authority (i.e. Pope, Eastern Orthodox Bishop, president of the SBA, etc.)ā€¦speaks out against Trumpā€¦do you and the F.F.A., always side with Trump?

Okay, get off your FFA. Did YOU watch the previous vid on refugees? Do you dispute any of those facts? If not, then the inferences should be clear to you = even under you TIN FOIL hat. Yes, even you.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SHOUT THAT I ALSO AM WAITING TO SEE HOW HE DOES IN OFFICE. Do you not, o wise one, understand plain English? Calm down, youā€™re frothingā€¦

Someone who puts on a Socrates hat - asks questions. And folks donā€™t always like people - to ask questions. Which is why Socrates was offered Hemlock. And he took it and became a famous martyr. But Iā€™ll tell you what. I promise to watch the video, if you answer the last 2 questions Iā€™ve raised. :laughing:

I posted first - so go ahead and watch.
You are not Socrates, and the tinfoil hat is not socratic. Anyone can ask questions

Iā€™m shocked that you did not watch the vid and yet are ranting about things covered in the vid.

No, Iā€™m not Socrates. Iā€™m just someone, following in his footsteps. Which means I know nothing, other then what is revealed - by Sacred Tradition and Holy Scripture. But perhaps by inquiry and the right questions, I can find answers :wink:

Or else someone like Dave, offers me virtual hemlock :laughing:

Facts are hard on you, Randy, I know. Sorry about that.

But - you did not watch the vid, so we have nothing to discuss.

And let me say - Iā€™m tired of this thread, and you personally. I believe you are the person that must ALWAYS have the last word.

I stand by every word Iā€™ve posted on this thread.

BUT - you win. Iā€™m off the thread and after a lot years on the Forum, I know why many people have left. Because Iā€™m gone as well.
Keep indulging yourself and telling yourself you are following in a great manā€™s tradition.

Sigh.

Asking questions is what students do.

Iā€™ve learned that in every academic class I took.
Every Native American medicine man or woman, I hung out with
Every sage from the East, I hung around with
Every theologian, philosopher or clergy member, I spent time with.
Every statistical project, I have worked with at Motorola
Every software engineering project, business analysis project, writing technical or marketing materials, project leadership, etc. - for fortune 500 companies

And nobody has criticized me there - for asking questions. Just the opposite. They would throw me out, fire me, not let me hang around, etc., for not asking questions.

Forget Socrates, Dave. Iā€™m a student. Iā€™m always learning. And I ask questions. And if folks get mad at the questions, they might be the right questions - we should be asking.

God doesnā€™t create evil and God doesnā€™t ā€œallowā€ evil; He is totally opposed to it.

I donā€™t care what is written in the Hebrew Scriptures. The Son of God revealed the Father as He really is! Jesus said that the Father is kind to ungrateful people and to evil peopleā€”and that if His listeners would do the same they would truly prove themselves to be the children of God.

Jesus also stated that his disciples would prove themselves to be the sons of God by loving their enemies and praying for them, since the Father sends rain and sunshine on everyone, including unrighteous people.

Paidion,

That disagrees with the vast majority of Bible scholars and philosophers. The majority consider your view heretical and dangerous. According to Greg Boyd:

We donā€™t go by Godā€™s sovereign will. We go by His revealed will. Vengeance belongs to him alone:

We trust God and love our enemies the way Jesus did.

Why wasnā€™t Saudi-Arabia on the banned list?

You could ask that about Pakistan and Afganistan too. IMHO Trump picked seven countries that Obama had designated as dangerous and knew it would be challenged in court so to have support that it was not a Muslim ban he limited the number of countries and make a link to the prior administrationā€™s judgment on these countries.

ich raises some questions, for the FFA (Fantastic Fans of America), on this forum (and elsewhere). If Trumpā€™s immigration policy, is criticized by:

Eminent fellow Republicans John McCain and Lindsey Graham
A Roman Catholic cardinal from Chicago (as I heard on the WFMT, radio news today). Keeping in mind, that a cardinal speaks on behalf, of the Roman Catholic Church.
Silicon Valley tech executives, via this BBC story at Silicon Valley lashes out at Trump ban
The German chancellor

Trumpā€™s priority is to protect America so he did what he perceives as the right thing. Also what he promised to do. Thatā€™s not the priority of a RCC Cardinal or Silicon Valley execs or Angela Merkel. McCain & Graham are entitled to their opinions and Trump is entitled to disagree, it doesnā€™t mean he didnā€™t consider their views.

Steve, as an Americanā€¦ do you consider the views of ā€œMcCain & Grahamā€ as errant?

steve7150 wrote:
McCain & Graham are entitled to their opinions and Trump is entitled to disagree, it doesnā€™t mean he didnā€™t consider their views.

Steve, as an Americanā€¦ do you consider the views of ā€œMcCain & Grahamā€ as errant?

As i understand it McCain & Graham said the Travel ban was to hasty and unprepared but itā€™s possible Trump was afraid if he consulted the expected parties like Homeland Security etc that there might be a leak and then a flood of refugees. I donā€™t know who is right but the issues have mostly been resolved with this on only day 2, so i think itā€™s really overblown.

Again i think itā€™s important to remember only the President is charged with the safety of the country, not the RCC, not Angela Merkel , not Silicon Valley and not even McCain & Graham.

Thanks Steve. As an outside observer, it does seem odd that Trump garners so much divisivenessā€¦ you get that as a natural given between ā€œleftā€ and ā€œrightā€ in politics, but Trump seems to so easily have set his OWN side asunder. Where in your opinion does this divide runā€¦ is it Tea Party/not Tea Party, or is it some other beat?