The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

I believe they are following the zombie calendar

Well, we know that didn’t happen. But GW is not the only possible cause for nations to vanish. As the old saying puts it, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

A study by [Statistics Sweden] finds that foreign-born women had a fertility rate of 2.21 children per woman, while Swedish-born women reproduced at a rate of 1.82 children per woman. Sweden’s overall fertility rate in 2007 was 1.88 children per woman, below the rate of 2.1 children per woman required to replace the population. Since 1980, the percentage of births registered in Sweden to mothers born outside the country has nearly doubled from 12 percent to 22 percent.

I have long forgotten how to calculate exponential mathematical problems but I can still mentally figure out that it might not be too long before the native-born Swede becomes the minority in Sweden, and eventually “wiped off the face of the Earth”.

1 Like

Here’s an interesting article, from today’s Patheos Evangelical newsletter:

Let me quote a bit:

According to a global Gallup poll aimed at assessing the world’s emotional state, the United States ranked fourth in the world in the percentage of citizens saying that that they are experiencing day-to-day “a lot” of stress.

Greece came in first with 59%, which makes sense, as the Greeks are struggling to pull out of a collapsed economy. Next comes the Philippines (58 percent) and Tanzania (57%), both developing nations with big problems.

But then comes the United States at 55%. This puts Americans in a four-way tie with Albania (still struggling to come out of Stalinism), Sri Lanka (with its terrorist bombings), and, remarkably, Iran , whose official and unofficial “morality police” enforce every restriction of Islamic Sharia law.

Let me quote a bit more:

Our political polarization apparently contributes to our stress. Those who oppose President Trump have a higher level of stress (62 percent) than those who support him (45 percent). A large number of Americans are so invested in politics and are so preoccupied with our government that having a president they disapprove of puts them under intense emotional pressure.

I was most struck by the stress level of Americans at different ages. The poll found particularly high rates of stress among young adults aged 15-29 (64 percent) and adults aged and 30-49 (65 percent), compared with those over 50 (44 percent).

Hum! And I thought that the stress is due…to folks worrying about Z-Hell (1, 2, 3). It shows you how little I know.

Perhaps I should share, a recent true story…to help take folks to stop being stressed out.

I was going to the bowling alley on May 4, 2019. And I noticed the parking lot was full. So I found folks were going, to the local comic book store. I stopped in, to see what was going on.

I asked one for the workers:

What’s going on?

He replied:

It’s free comic book day.

I asked:

How often does this occur?

He replied:

Once a year on May 4th.

I asked:

Why May 4th?

Are you ready for his answer?

Drum roll, please!

May the Fourth be with you!

1 Like

The media, in between its conspiracy theories about…

1. Trump and Russia

2. Trump’s taxes

3. Trump and Bigfoot

… somehow couldn’t find the time to report this.

President Trump on Thursday said that his administration secured a “historic” donation of the HIV-prevention drug Truvada for PrEP.

“Great news today: My Administration just secured a historic donation of HIV prevention drugs from Gilead to help expand access to PrEP for the uninsured and those at risk,” he tweeted, referring to Gilead Sciences, which makes the drug.

“Will help us achieve our goal of ending the HIV epidemic in America!” he added, while quote-tweeting a thread about the donation by Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar.

Azar tweeted Thursday that Gilead would donate the medicine for up to 200,000 people every year for as many as 11 years as a result of talks between the company and the administration.

PrEP has been found to be fairly reliable at preventing HIV infection. Not fully though, which is why the whole issue is rather controversial.

The main user base for the drug are gay men worried about contracting HIV. The 200,000 people will be uninsured members of at-risk populations. That will mostly mean low-income gay men.

Again, if Obama had done this, we would be reading about it everywhere. But much like Bush’s efforts against AIDS in Africa, it’s a Republican. So the media will ignore it while claiming that the Russians now control Mueller’s brain and have edited the report with help from UFOs in outer space.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/273734/trump-secures-free-hiv-prevention-drug-200000-gay-daniel-greenfield

Obama would have gotten a Nobel Peace Prize or a humanitarian award! Dems and media are only interested in political power & anything that doesn’t advance this is thrown overboard!

1 Like

These “trends” are always based on projections with the assumption that things continue in the same direction indefinitely but history shows that climate does not continue in the same direction indefinitely. We have had cold and warm periods over history and at some point these trends did change.

1 Like

Well, I have to disagree with #3. We can’t have Trump and Bigfoot, unless we include Trump and Zombies.

That’s a pithy point, pal…

Former Vice President Joe Biden, while a senator in 2006, advocated for a southern border wall and punishment for employers who hired illegal immigrants.

Biden told a South Carolina rotary club that he voted for a border fence despite other Democrats opposing the measure.

“Folks, I voted for a fence, I voted, and unlike most Democrats – and some of you won’t like it – I voted for 700 miles of fence,” he said, in the video unearthed by CNN.

“But, let me tell you, we can build a fence 40 stories high – unless you change the dynamic in Mexico and – and you will not like this, and – punish American employers who knowingly violate the law when, in fact, they hire illegals. Unless you do those two things, all the rest is window dressing,” he added.

So…now he has changed completely? Hmm…sounds like a politician…

Or…perhaps some of Trump’s “good” qualities and “great” ideas, are rubbing off on him.

This makes sense, and I wish the administration would recognize it.

Yeah the answer if there is one, seems to be - Build the Wall AND punish employers who employ illegal immigrants, as Biden used to believe. He’s off the deep end now however.

I wish ALL previous administrations had understood it, btw.

Well, I was reviewing the up and coming, summer 2019 movies. This one caught my attention. It’s coming out in June. It brings to mind Z-Hell (1, 2, 3).

Well, in the movie previews…they say folks gravitate, to what they identified with in life…So you see a male zombie saying ‘coffee’…and a female zombie saying “Chardonnay”. So would some of the folks here, if they became zombies - utter ‘Trump’?

I think I’ll make friends, with the blond female - carrying the sword! :smile:

Still anti-Trump, HF?
TrumpDerangementSyndrome

It’s not clear to me that Biden ever advocated building an entire border wall as Trump has.

But my main perception is that no administration, including this one, has done what would be effective: set up a system with effective sanctions to prevent the easy hiring of illegal immigrants. My impression is that just as Trump’s businesses apparently did, the affluent especially get enormous benefits from being able to hire cheap illegals who have no safe recourse against illegal treatment of employees, and thus are motivated to block such remedies.

Thus my inclination in the main cause of illegality is that demonizing the poor for overstaying their visas in order to earn a better life for their loved ones is rather self-serving, if we are not willing to make such enticing employment more difficult to secure.

In any case, Biden, Obama, Schumer and others were in favor of a wall. Before they weren’t.
And in fact, Trump is trying to do the right thing now, more than his predecessors in either party.

That is very true.

Amen… Kill the source, and the problem will at some point go away.

Bob, why haven’t the administrations wanted to prevent the hiring of illegal immigrants?

see below

As I said, “My impression is that just as Trump’s businesses apparently did, the affluent especially get enormous benefits from being able to hire cheap illegals who have no safe recourse against illegal treatment of employees, and thus are motivated to block such remedies.”

I think this is why Trump focuses passion on the kind of wall few have ever supported, because it allows rich friends to still have a plentiful supply of illegals to take advantage of, and yet satisfies naïve lower classes who fear the threat of illegal’s violence and overly competitive cheap labor.