The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

This is the first time in my adult life (I am 46 years old) that I am optimistic about the U. S. president. I give the Bushes, the Clintons, and Obama failing scores.

Actually, Chad, I have no liberal tendencies - as far as I know. Republicans have a set of values, that they like to push. And some of those values, might be in harmony with Christian conservatism. Iā€™m all for that. Iā€™m also all for giving Mr. Trump a chance. See what he can do.

But that doesnā€™t mean I wonā€™t use the literary genre of satire, to make fun of him. After all, what do you think all the worldā€™s political cartoonists are doing?
Or to work with my preferred lobbyist group (AARP), to insure my agenda items are addressed.

Having said that, itā€™s one thing for Christians to vote for him - given they were presented, with a moral dilemma. Itā€™s another thing for Christians, to put him up on a pedestal (as an outstanding example, of Christina ethics and virtue).

Oh how I wish you had used your gifts on Barack and Hill. They too were so ā€˜ripeā€™ for satirizationism. :smiley:

Randy said

Yep I agree with you.

Just saw a pic of Mr Trump in the oval office with the ā€˜Make America Great Againā€™ hat on. Gotta love it.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Go Donald!

If any Christians ARE putting him on a pedestal, I havenā€™t heard from them yet. But I donā€™t think any of us would be surprised if some did. :laughing:

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16174717_1663125603698411_2036744008822865523_n.png?oh=60484dd383274838a4e0e0be965af241&oe=59115D0E

Theyā€™ll have a good cry and maybe a cookie and get over it.
Iā€™d like a cookie right now, actually.

John Piperā€™s prayer for Trump:

desiringgod.org/interviews/john-piper-s-prayer-for-donald-trump

Iā€™m detecting a fair bit of insult, satire, and mockery here.

Interesting.

:laughing: you stirrer

i was in the health club, locker room last week. I heard one young man, remark to a group of young men:

I went over to them and said this:

And everybody started to laugh.

But seriously, folks - letā€™s see what the man can do. In the meantime:

Work with your favorite lobbyist group, to promote your agenda
Vote in a bunch of Democrats to congress, if he fails to deliver in 2 years
Vote him in again, if he does deliver in 4 years

In the meantime, heā€™s food for fodder, for all the political cartoonists, news outlets and yours truly :exclamation: :laughing:

And on another front, letā€™s have another dedication song. I canā€™t tell if the gal in the picture, is going forwards or backwards :exclamation: :astonished: :confused:

pog said (In another thread)

This should be up your alley :laughing: :laughing:

Well at least his detractors have comported themselves with complete decorum.

Notice the glance at the camera before putting on the act

1 Like

OTOH, since we like cartoons:

1 Like

Or maybe this is the person we wanted?

That must be an inaugural scream as opposed to a primal, err I mean primary scream :exclamation:

LOL

Ok, then - hereā€™s another group that hates Trump

1 Like

And another anti-Trump group.
Just sayinā€™ - I will match fodder with fodder if thatā€™s the game.

1 Like