The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Just for the record i didn’t say “how stupid everyone is whose perceptions differ from mine” i said the Democrats case actually is.
Adam Schiff is not stupid, he is a huge lying weasel, but certainly not stupid.

1 Like

Well we agree on something. As Jesus said “all things are possible with God.”

1 Like

Trump referenced entitlements which any honest President would. Technically Soc Security is not an entitlement because you are simply getting your own money back.

Not exactly. Many people get many times what their own deductions paid, and quite a few get none of their involuntary money back.

What’s new in the BBC news? :crazy_face:

And in my dedicates effort, to eliminate “fake news” from this thread. Here’s the latest from Weekly World News. :crazy_face:

From today’s Patheos Evangelical newsletter.

Thanks for correcting my more negative description of your portrait, I think :wink:

And here’s an article, from today’s Patheos Catholic newsletter.

I’m finding that particular news source to be blatantly biased, so please post more from them!!

“Yeah, He Did It, But It’s OK Because He’s Trump.” That sounds close to what GOP Senators are saying, such as the quote above from Sen. Alexander.

Republican Senator Murkowski just added that, “there will be no fair trial. Continuing this process won’t change anything. It is sad for me to admit that, as an institution, the Congress has failed.”

It’s only implies that some individual Catholic authors (not the Catholic Church as a whole), don’t think much of Trump. :crazy_face:

Hopefully, there’s a fresh potential face - on the horizon. :crazy_face:

The House should have opted for a fair trial but the Dems running it led by Schiff neither wanted fairness or a trial, they had a political agenda in mind and still do and will continue their hunt.

1 Like

The Constitution does not have the House hold a trial, only to determine if they think there is enough of a case to call the Senate to conduct a trial. And amid dozens of impeachment trials in our history, this is the only one to refuse to examine any vital witnesses, relying entirely on just enough GOP votes.

But as I’ve said, I think GOPers were smart to avoid having relevant testimony or documents, because it would embarrass their political need to acquit the man who controls their party and their personal political survival. With such partisan polarization, it needs to be up to voters.

Well, this is “surprising”. :crazy_face:

And what does this mean, folks? :crazy_face:

Did anyone notice that Mike Bloomberg, has a job for Trump? :crazy_face:

The Senate has voted to shut down the Democrats’ impeachment stunt, and the U.K. has officially left the E.U. It’s nice to see things work out now and then. - VDH

An opinion, one I share:

“It’s not fair.” Let’s break down this tremendously stupid argument. It was perfectly fair for Democrats to set all the rules in the House impeachment process. They held secret testimony, and then they held hearings with no GOP witnesses. Then they held hearings where maybe the White House could have witnesses, at Democratic Rep. Jerry Nadler’s discretion, but those witnesses couldn’t have legal counsel.

Then instead of subpoenaing the witnesses they wanted like John Bolton and Mick Mulvaney, the Democrats said, “Oh my goodness, there’s no time for that, this is an emergency, we have to impeach Trump RIGHT NOW!” Even without those witnesses. At that point, they sat on the articles of impeachment for weeks hoping for some miracle to save their hopeless case. And by the way, if the acquittal isn’t legitimate because we didn’t hear from Bolton, how on earth is the impeachment itself legitimate?

The speed with which coordinated Democratic talking points infect the news media represents some of the most efficient propaganda the nation has ever seen. Efficient, but not effective. Only those already in the pews of the Church of Orange Man Bad are buying this latest nonsense argument. The U.S. Senate decides what an impeachment trial looks like, and whatever they decide is by definition legitimate.

Now that this unbelievable waste of five months inflicted on the American people in an attempt to undermine their democratic rights is coming to an end, the takeaway is not that Republicans acted unfairly, it’s that Democrats predictably got their rear ends kicked. Those same Democrats were warned for months that this was the only outcome their doomed impeachment could lead to, but nonetheless they persisted, and made fools of themselves.

Conservatives today should be celebrating and mocking a media that still doesn’t understand how wrong it constantly is and why. The leftist establishment took their best shot at President Trump and today it glances harmlessly off his chin. Make no mistake: Donald Trump’s acquittal is real, and it is spectacular."

It was said, “Anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell” (Matt 5),
but this era fosters trying to excel the other side in more denigrating ad hominem slurs.

I don’t think there is one sentence in that opinion I posted above that is NOT true.

Your honest belief in such an approach does not make the perception I posted any less true.

Well, I would say the same for ANY story…I share from either the BBC News or the Weekly World News. :crazy_face:

As far as anything else, expressed in this forum thread. Well, sometimes it’s just. :crazy_face:

First of all, seems to me no one knows what Mr Bolton is going to say in his book, and if he was the hawkish (that everyone seems to portray him as) person during his administration days, he had to know what he was going into, he’s a smart guy.