The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Sharia law allows for caning. And cutting off of limbs. And caning also, is a byproduct - of British colonial rule. Still practiced in countries like Singapore and Malaysia.

Recently, they caned two young men - for gay sex. As a conservative Christian, I oppose gay sex. But I leave that judgement to God. Not to some group of men, awarding 83 strokes on the back. See story at towleroad.com/2017/05/gay-sex-indonesia/

Sadly this issue is going to get worse and it is going to be a bigger and bigger issue over time.
steve7150

Print view this post

BTW can anyone guess the number one favorite name for baby boys in England now? OK iā€™ll give you 10 seconds!

Youā€™re right Dave itā€™s Muhammed!

Dang, I thought it was Buck! :smiley:

From the interweb:
More than 7,400 boys were called Muhammad, Mohammed or Mohammad last year. Oliver, the name which officially took the top spot, was only given to 6,949 babies. Muhammad is thought to be the most popular name in the world, given to an estimated 150 million men and boys.

If only an overwhelming number say Sharia should be the law of the land in the U.S.A., then how do you know that ALL Muslims want Sharia to be the law of the land?

In fact, your first statement is clearly false. In Britain, most Muslims are not asking that ANY aspect of Sharia law be enforced. According to an opinion poll among Muslims, only about 4 in 10 want SOME aspect of Sharia law enforced in Britain.

express.co.uk/news/uk/738852/British-Muslims-Sharia-Law-enforced-UK-Islam-poll

Hereā€™s some statistics worldwide - conducted in 2013 - regarding Muslims and Sharia beliefs:

Chapter 1: Beliefs About Sharia

In fact, your first statement is clearly false. In Britain, most Muslims are not asking that ANY aspect of Sharia law be enforced. According to an opinion poll among Muslims, only about 4 in 10 want SOME aspect of Sharia law enforced in Britain.

Only 4 in 10 plus some may have been smart enough to lie. So 40% want Sharia law which is the imposition of a 7th century strict interpretation of Islam, now thatā€™s comforting indeed! :laughing:

AS to that British poll, consider that 41% want some aspect enforced, 13% are against some aspect being enforced. What do you suppose the other 66% think? Are they fearful of stating their opinion, or would the line up pretty much with the 41/13 ratio?

As to the world, from that big Pew poll:

Since this is untrue, donā€™t you think you should withdraw that statement?

Yep, and I do withdraw the ā€˜allā€™.
I donā€™t withdraw the ā€˜overwhelmingā€™.

Good catch, Don. Iā€™m not sure why it is important, since Islam is still a huge threat to Europe, Britain, the U.S. (as per the very extensive list I posted above and other things we have talked about), but I did paint with too wide a brush.

There is a lot of pro-Muslim sentiment here; I donā€™t hear enough outcry from the Forum OR FROM THE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MUSLIMS EITHER as to the dangers, excesses, and cultural devaluation brought about by Islam. Britain will do nothing, it appears, except mouth platitudes. Europe - are sowing what they reaped. Trump - all I hear is whining about his immigration policy. There is not much balance imo.

But YES, I was wrong. About the word ā€˜allā€™.

Well, I think I answered about the ā€œhundreds of millions of Muslimsā€. If they say anything publicly against ISIS (or similar groups), they would be targeted. Would you say anything on this forum, Daveā€¦If ISIS knew who you really were and where you lived? And they would want to kill you - for speaking out against them?

As far as the forum goes, I tell things straight up - regarding Islam. But in an academic format. I have moderate friends who are Muslim. They donā€™t try to kill me and I donā€™t speak harshly against Islam.

Iā€™m somewhere in the middle - of these 2 pictures - regarding Islam.

Behind door A - we have this:

Behind door B - we have this:

There is a lot of pro-Muslim sentiment here; I donā€™t hear enough outcry from the Forum OR FROM THE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MUSLIMS EITHER as to the dangers, excesses, and cultural devaluation brought about by Islam. Britain will do nothing, it appears, except mouth platitudes. Europe - are sowing what they reaped. Trump - all I hear is whining about his immigration policy. There is not much balance imo.

Yes but at this moment in time dying in a car accident is way more likely then at the hands of terrorists as in the USA 100 people a day die in car accidents. But over time cars are getting safer but at current birthrates muslims will control Europe in a generation and Jews are already leaving France because they donā€™t feel safe.
Leftist ideology is so ingrained in Europe so that many of them were asking what they did wrong to antagonize the terrorists. Also terrorism happens almost daily in Africa,Asia and the Middle East and it only starting to rear itā€™s ugly head in the west. There will be a time when the complacent folks in the west will have to remove their heads out of the sand and face reality.

Thanks Dave, I appreciate your withdrawal of ā€œallā€ and maybe replacing it with some word such as ā€œmany.ā€ Iā€™m not sure whether ā€œan overwhelming numberā€ is correct either.

Well, I am not pro-Muslim, but I AM pro-people. Millions are unfortunate enough to be born into a Muslim society. So very many Muslims are being attacked by ā€œIslamic Stateā€ā€” the Muslim terrorist organization. Many are trying to escape their plight, by escaping their country. These are the people to whom my heart goes out. They are genuine refugees who need help. It is doubtless true that receiving countries have not carried out sufficient screening, and therefore inadvertently allowed in terrorists.

The solution is not to keep out all Muslims just because they happen to be Muslims, but to have an efficient way to screen terrorists or fanatic Muslims who think that if they die in the act of killing ā€œinfidelsā€ they will be rewarded in Paradise by being given 70 virgins.

I came across an interesting article - from the Protestant site Pathoes today:

If You Want to Break Up With Beth Moore, Pick a Better Reason

Well, this is what the author - has to say:

On the other hand, we have Father A. (name not revealed, to protect his identity). He claims to have the gift of healing and hearing the voice of God. Well, he publicly says that, in all the healing masses Iā€™ve attended. And I have fallen down, on more than one occasion. When I have received his healing touch. And he wouldnā€™t be a priest and speaking publicly, if the Roman Catholic hierarchy - thought these items were baloney.

So what does the article author think?

Well, Iā€™ll let you make up your mind - who is right. The Baptist, the Roman Catholic priest or the author.

Sometimes things have more then one perspective.

No one read the very long list of Muslim terrorist acts that I posted, and then said ā€œOMG I did not realize the extent!ā€

So either - itā€™s nothing to worry about, or weā€™re accepting it as the new normal, or thereā€™s nothing we can do about it. Like Obama (blessed be his name) stressed after terrorist atrocities in the U.S. - the biggest worry is that we will develop Islamaphobia? Not the dead bodies.

By all means, we must trash Trumpā€™s common-sense plan?

Well, Iā€™ll let you make up your mind - who is right. The Baptist, the Roman Catholic priest or the author.

Romans 8 says the Holy Spirit speaks to our spirit! Nuff said!

No one read the very long list of Muslim terrorist acts that I posted, and then said ā€œOMG I did not realize the extent!ā€

I recognize it as a big problem that will get worse because of complacency , but at some point you can only state your case and pray and move on. When enough people get killed , panic will replace complacency.

But on the other hand as Christians our citizenship is in heaven, Christā€™s kingdom is not of this world & IMHO Satan is clearly the god of this world.

Stated; moving on! :smiley:

Paidion wrote:
The solution is not to keep out all Muslims just because they happen to be Muslims, but to have an efficient way to screen terrorists or fanatic Muslims who think that if they die in the act of killing ā€œinfidelsā€ they will be rewarded in Paradise by being given 70 virgins.

I just want to be clear on this and i know iā€™m not PC & maybe iā€™ll be called a racist or some other name but my last word on this (i hope) is that if 40% or more muslims believe Sharia law s/b the law of the land then over time you are inviting large amounts of people into a country who want to overthrow your government and way of life. To me this is a real threat not only to me but my kids and grandkids. Why this would be done willingly is beyond me.