The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

With out a doubt, things like the 2008 financial meltdown or the reason for a certain Iraq war or blah, blah, blah, will be lost to a great portion of the folks just trying to make it until tomorrow, or delve into a lifestyle to help them get through the pain of everyday life. :frowning:

A friend of mine and her sister got into a bit of a tussle last night about the womenā€™s marches throughout the nation. My friend asks, what can a woman not accomplish today? The sister says that it is not about accomplishments but that we all should all be giving to those who have less. My friend says that people receive what they work for. And also acknowledged that there are societal needs that have to be met by all of us in society. But for a group (middle class) to fund the burden of the social indolent, is not acceptable and will not be sustainable. Unfortunately, the progressives (and the sister) do not see it. :blush:

Right. Also - the problems they were protesting - havenā€™t they been around for a long time? Or did they happen ON THE DAY that Trump took office? Why wait for Saturday to protest things around for the past 8 years and even longer?
Oh, actually I know the answer. :slight_smile:

The answer is probably that they see him as the embodiment of the problems that theyā€™re protesting.

Here we goā€¦ Jimmy Carter, by all criteria, from a Christian standpoint, was probably our greatest president in the last generation or so. History shows his presidency as marred by failure after failure, but by all accounts, he was probably the best moral man weā€™ve had in the white house in a while, or possibly a very long time. :smiley:

His continued work for the needy and his contributions to humanity seem to be pretty significant. A democrat but I would not say a leftist, but a sincere person, at least from the information I have gleanedā€¦ Open to alt opinions. :slight_smile:

One of the first things he did (I think) was to pardon the Vietnam draft dodgers. That in it self should get some debate going. :laughing:

Good points fellas. I like. Just found this by Pope Francis and Iā€™m going to go along with him now:

Iā€™ll Judge Trump after we see what he does.

foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/22/pope-ill-judge-trump-after-see-what-does.html

The world elite (including the Pope) that are lashing out against Mr. Trump may be afraid they are going to have to tangle with a person who now has [size=150]USA[/size] interests as opposed to *GLOBAL interests *at heart. Trump is a East Coast guy, that knows America put him where he ended up. He has done well and may just realize that others in our era, (like those from his era) can also do well and the country can prosper if things are put back into place. :open_mouth:

Like the Pope says Iā€™m going to wait and see what Trump does.

Cool

Francis added that Adolf Hitler in the 1930sā€™ Germany ā€œwas voted for by the people and then he destroyed the people.ā€

ā€œWe look for a savior to give us back identity, and we defend ourselves with walls, barbed-wire fences, from other peoples,ā€ the Pope said.

Sure, right, whatever, of course i can tell from his comments the Pope will wait and see!

BTW does the Vatican have a wall? Does Obamaā€™s new residence in D.C. have a wall? Why donā€™t they just let everyone in who wants to come in, in? Oh because they donā€™t have unlimited resources! Do We? Plus the heroin that pours in!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been hearing a lot of people say ; letā€™s see what Trump does. I donā€™t hear many saying: letā€™s help Trump do good for America.
Judgment is easy; pitching in, no so much.

I feel like saying: letā€™s see what WE do, other than bitch.

2 Likes

Amen!!! I believe we have all fallen short of the glory of God, and now itā€™s time to rise up from the dead and return to the ways of the Lord.

Which is exactly why Iā€™m active on social media, helping the AARP lobbying efforts. Helping President Trump and Congress, to make the right decisions - regarding Medicare and Social Security :exclamation: :smiley:

What Iā€™m talking about is things like this. I think that he should support the Second amendment:

conservativetribune.com/trump-plan-2nd-amendment/

Sounds great!!!

I agree. I wish they kept statistics on killings and crime, in the wild west days. Iā€™ll bet when everyone carried a six shooter, rifle or shotgun, the crime rate was probably down. And very few people would insult mules, as this video illustrates: :wink:

The article goes on to say this:

YES!!!

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16298954_369068700139184_3311544642306655850_n.jpg?oh=4e439ac0c85b8a90f8e54c35c5cc2cde&oe=59044FE9

Exciting turn of events for the mentally ill since Trump was elected. (New hope for the mentally ill)

nationalreview.com/article/442382/donald-trump-mental-illness

That is good news. A lot of the street people are mentally ill and just need a little care and TLC. I believe that.

Also good news for the unborn - Trump is pro-life and against the tearing apart of fetuses when there is no danger to the mother at all.

Mother Teresa was correct. Planned Parenthood was always a racist organization against the blacks. If people do not act right with these protests they are going to lose their rights. There will be Martial Law.

Trump has been ā€œexplainingā€ why Clinton received millions of votes more than he did. Speaking again the first thought that came to mind, he claimed that 3 to 5 million immigrants voted illegally. The evidence for this, of course, is zilch.

cbc.ca/news/world/trump-illegal-voting-claims-1.3949473

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38737713