The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Paidion - Well said!!

https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25660347_519095318469854_2570497020192386045_n.jpg?oh=e0644e6bd590954a9c7171eb2251fa7a&oe=5AF50B06

Depends upon your understanding of ā€œCapitalism.ā€ If you mean ā€œfree enterpriseā€ then Iā€™m all for it.
However, many understand ā€œCapitalismā€ to refer to permitting monopolies to overpower smaller businesses and force them to close down.

I think the best system is a combination of free enterprise and equal opportunity.

I do agree that we can make an idol out of the blind forces of economics; throwing ourselves at the mercy of ā€˜free marketsā€™ is as dangerous as throwing ourselves at the mercy of anything except God.

I do not know of a better system than capitalism, realistically. Being of men, by men - there will always be problems of regulation and fairness.

Everything depends, it seems, on things being run by citizens of good will - that was the concern of the Founders. No written rules or constitutions, no matter how wise, can endure without a populace that strives to honor them.

The PRESTIGIOUS Washington Post (which some ā€œadmireā€ here), had this interesting article:

Oprah for president in 2020? Hereā€™s everything you need to know.

Since the last election, said ANYONE can become - a US president. Perhaps she would be more suitedā€¦to stop (or at least slow down) the up-and-coming Zombie Apocalypse; - during the tribulation :question:

Depends upon your understanding of ā€œCapitalism.ā€ If you mean ā€œfree enterpriseā€ then Iā€™m all for it.
However, many understand ā€œCapitalismā€ to refer to permitting monopolies to overpower smaller businesses and force them to close down.

I think the best system is a combination of free enterprise and equal opportunity.

Iā€™m for equal opportunity and against monopolies too within Capitalism. Nowadays I often here the phrase ā€œequalityā€ but I donā€™t know if it means ā€œequal opportunityā€ or ā€œequal outcomeā€?

Oprah?

YES!!! Iā€™m all in!! I hear she gives away cars and stuff, imagine what she could give away as Prez! POTUS with the mostest!

Now hereā€™s a Time article. :smiley:

How Oprah Could Beat Donald Trump at His Own Game in 2020

Yes.

1. Dump on Trump.
  2. Have a trauma with Obama.
  3. Construct a pillory for Hillary.
    :unamused:
    Paidion

Are worries are over, we now have a candidate we can all support!! OPRAH!! Yay, plus she was named after a biblical woman, what could be better!!

Youā€™d be a doprah to vote for Oprah!

And hereā€™s the committee - projecting the winner. :laughing:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/plantsvszombies/images/2/21/Zombies_won_The_taco.gif/revision/latest?cb=20141001204800

[size=140]Archie Bunker explains what makes America great![/size]

youtube.com/watch?v=ALE6ENavvJQ

Da Man!!

This Iā€™ve shared on Twitter today. No political hype. Just marketing know howā€¦from the well-known, marketing company Hubspot:

The Tax Bill Has Passed. Do You Know How It Will Impact Your Business? ow.ly/7lsD30hFDLh

Itā€™s better to hear the marketing experts now. Rather then the Zombie Apocalypse - during the tribulation.

The truth will come a knocking. Or even ring your bell :exclamation: :wink:

This will actually be the year that I officially start my (extremely) small business - the guitars I"ve been building and selling. To this point the regulations were such that in addition to the headache of having to know all of them, there was no financial advantage for me to do it.
Thanks to Trumpā€™s unilateral rolling back of thousands of Oā€™s onerous and needless regulations, itā€™s a good time to start up a business or get a loan to grow one.
And Bush was almost as bad in his last 2 years in office.

Iā€™m sure Oprah would brilliantly just pass my guitars out for free, that scamp!

1 Like

If you are serious, about starting your own business. Then get free advice and seminars from score.org/ :smiley:

Thanks R - Iā€™ve been planning for a few years, basically just for tax purposes. Iā€™ll be the chief cook and bottle washer. I offered the assistantā€™s job to Kate Upton but forgot to ask my wife first. Did NOT work out.
So I wonā€™t have any employees either.
Itā€™s a very small business.

Randy kind of has it right, itā€™s all just marketing! Remember that!

So, Good for you my man! I am excited :smiley:
ā€˜Do what you love to do and the money will followā€™

:smiley:

So, Good for you my man! I am excited :smiley:
ā€˜Do what you love to do and the money will followā€™

:smiley:

Good luck, take it from someone who started three different businesses. Keep your overhead as low as possible for as long as possible so your mistakes donā€™t kill your business! Cheers! :smiley:

Thank you so much guys for the encouragement!

Now, who can I build a guitar for?? :smiley: