The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Trump assured U.S. citizens that because of Kim John Un’s decision to denuclearize, they were now safe from threat of nuclear war.

I think verification well and truly flew out the window on this one big time lol :rofl:

Well we’ll just have to wait and see, won’t we?

According to this BBC news report…Maybe Trump and his support base…will soon have a high-tech helper - to discern “fake news”.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”-- Yoda

A barbed remark, but makes some good points as well. Pay attention to the reasoning, not the venom. :slight_smile:

I had a strange dream, a couple of days ago. No trick. No joke. Perhaps someone can explain, this one to me.

I had to prepare a room, for President Trump - all by myself. Then I saw him coming. And I realized, I had the room - ALL F*&%@# Up!, So I made a dash to the elevator…hoping to get on it, before Trump discovered me. But I realized, I couldn’t make it in time. Then I saw a maintenance man, press the service elevator button. The door opened…I jumped in, with the maintenance man…and the door closed, before Trump saw me.

Can anyone explain, that dream to me?

Good to see @maintenanceman is having a positive effect on you :rofl:

Re Kim, it is likely he is posturing for the peace talk nuts and bolts negotiating which is just beginning.

Re Trump backing down on the family issue at the border, it seems Melania and Ivanka may have convinced him to change policy.

I am an expert on dream interpretation. I’ll show you what your dream means.

I had to prepare a room, for President Trump - all by myself.

This represents an inner desire to impress those whom you admire. You didn’t want to share the credit, which is why you did it by yourself.

Then I saw him coming. And I realized, I had the room - ALL F*&%@# Up!, So I made a dash to the elevator…

When you failed at your task, you did what you always do: You run away from the problem.

hoping to get on it, before Trump discovered me. But I realized, I couldn’t make it in time.

This is your tendency to look for a scape goat when you are boxed into a corner and have nowhere to run.

Then I saw a maintenance man, press the service elevator button. The door opened…

Mainteance Man knew how to work an elevator, and for that he became your idol and a savior of sorts.

I jumped in, with the maintenance man…and the door closed, before Trump saw me.

Maintenance man was gracious enough to let you, because he is a good person. Good person. Very good person.

Look, I can’t take all the credit for this interpretation. Years and years of dream management and working with others, I just sort of figured it all out. Everything. There is no dream I don’t understand. No Ambiguity to see. It is clear as crystal. Crystal clear. Very clear. I should charge for this stuff. But, you know? I don’t. Because I believe in giving back.

Too bad, Gabe…you weren’t born in OT times. We will probably be reading, about you now. Thanks for the insight. But if Maintenance Man, was operating the elevator. Wouldn’t we have “our ups and downs”? :smile:

Actually, I forgot to mention this. But the elevator was pressed, in the down position. And we were going to the basement. Are we descending into hell? :wink:

And do you agree, with the Old Testament figures - interpretations of dreams (i.e. Joseph)? Or do you also, have your own spin on them?

Good point… Maybe MM is taking you to Hell? Lots of money to be made by dream interpretation back then… Be as vague as possible, and tell the listening what they might want to hear and I am sure you had a good life. Daniel might be the exception, however… I think he told some bad news to some people (NebU Chad Nezzar). Now that is bold.

As a side point, I often have dreams where I am crying, like uncontrollable grief one has when a parent or someone really close dies. I seem to get a dream like that every 2-3 months. I always assumed it was because I generally don’t show my emotions often and that it is getting it out of my system. But others seem to see that as something dying in oneself.

242!
JULY 4, 2018 – 11:12 AM
Happy Independence Day, America. And to all of you, dear readers, as well. I hope we can set strife aside for a day to appreciate how lucky we are to live in this extraordinary country. - Malcolm Pollack

Michael Anton on this Fourth of July:

For the founders, government has one fundamental purpose: to protect person and property from conquest, violence, theft and other dangers foreign and domestic. The secure enjoyment of life, liberty and property enables the “pursuit of happiness.” Government cannot make us happy, but it can give us the safety we need as the condition for happiness. It does so by securing our rights, which nature grants but leaves to us to enforce, through the establishment of just government, limited in its powers and focused on its core responsibility.

This is an excellent statement. Good government secures our rights; it does not grant them. Whether they come from nature, or from God, or from nature qua divine creation are further questions that can be left to the philosophers. The main thing is that our rights are not up for democratic grabs, nor are they subject to the whims of any bunch of elitists that manages to insinuate itself into power.

Another take on your dream:

You were feeling you had failed thus far at your life’s work; you proved unqualified for such a major task in your own ability, and you were afraid you were about to be publicly humiliated as you faced the consequences.

But Jesus (who bore your shame at the cross) offered for you to hide in him. With your agreement, he will plumb the depths of your life, in order to heal and transform you. Only together with him will you be competent to complete your life’s work.

Thanks, Hermano. But I think Maintenance Man, is taking me the wrong way - to Jesus. He’s taken the service elevator, to the basement. So we are probably descending into hell. Any insights there, Chad?

I’m probably OK with Christ. And the EO/ RC elements I incorporate, into the Anglican church framework. Which are Anglo-Orthodoxy, Holy Foolery, Theosis and the Wisdom tradition.

Anyway, it’s time to catch the world news…on the BBC and France-24, English TV news.

Well, it is interesting Randy that your explanation of the dream went from just getting into the elevator to ‘oh I forgot, the elevator was going down’ to ‘the maintenance man is taking me the wrong way, probably descending into hell.’

Also, the astute will ask, why maintenance man and not janitor or housekeeper?:thinking:

People might think you may be…

The figure was definitely a male. But didn’t have any distinguishing feature characteristics, that I could recall. I could call him a janitor, maintenance engineer, maintenance man, etc. This could even be a hotel, where some convention was planned. i don’t know. And I didn’t even associate, the maintenance man with you…that is, until Davo and Gabe suggested it.

Another interpretation is that Trump could be the Antichrist. And he was ordering me, to do something. But I deliberately F%$&ed things up, to slow him down. And perhaps hell, was the safest place to hide. And you (or whoever the maintenance man was), had the service elevator to hell. Or perhaps just the floor to exit at.

Go figure!

If you put the URL, on a line by itself…it will normally generate a preview.

Note: This reply doesn’t necessarily mean, that I endorse the story or content. And there is the “possibility”, that this is “fake news”. In the same vein that collective, orthodox (I.e. RC, EO and Protestant) - scholastic Biblical commentary - could be “fake news”.

The term ‘fake news’ is a strange one, isn’t it? I mean, either the news item is true or it is false?
Nowadays we are treated to ‘advocacy journalism’ which means a news story is just used to promote a political stance or make a political attack - in other words, the ‘news’ becomes an ‘op-ed’ piece. Not what real journalism strives for traditionally.
I think of the ‘news’ as true or false, period. If it is false, it is that way either because it is a mistake, or because it is a willful distortion = lie.
The closest I’ve seen - and it is not that close - to ‘fair and balanced’ is in fact Fox News; but their slant is obvious, though not as biased as the contemptible CNN and that ilk. IMO.

I get a better balance, Dave…when I watch on PBS, the BBC News and France 24 (all in English). They really don’t have the same stake, as the US media outlets - in US politics. Of course, they - like any media outlets - could have their biases.