The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

davo said: “We should NEVER had abdicated our responsibility as a prosperous regional power in helping our poorer neighbours in need. To win a few votes from certain shallow-thinking masses our conservatives pulled the plug in terms of regional aid via the UN, i.e., the typically selfish ‘look after our own backyard’ mentality (like we’re falling in a heap — not!)”

I appreciate that, and have no idea as to the politics of your country, but here in the US, there is a HUGE group of poorer folks that need assistance. The leftists want to physically TAKE it from the working class. The working class has for the most part through the years, paid EVERYTHING.

The idea of a prosperous nation is kind of a misnomer at least here in the US. I and people like me pay for everything. I work my ass off, I show up all the time, and all the freakin money I pay in goes to others. The top earners have tax shelters, the bottom have earned income credit which gives many of them HUGE income tax refunds… In other words, re-distribution of wealth. Not only that, but we here in the US give BILLIONS to other nations for varied reasons… some good, and some not so good. But the middle class ends up footing the brunt of the bill.

I appreciate your view, but the money has to come from somewhere. Some of us get tired being the ox on who’s back the financial stability rides.

Just my view.

Good day mate.:wink:

[quote]While jihadists across the globe are busy slitting throats, American school children are taught that jihad is an “inner struggle” and Islam means “peace.” While Muslim rape gangs destroy the lives of teenage girls in England, American teenagers learn that Muhammad was a champion of women’s rights. And although American students are taught all the gruesome details of the Atlantic slave trade, they learn little if anything about the Arab slave trade which took many more lives.[end quote]
https://www.crisismagazine.com/2018/islamization-in-the-schools
This practice is so WRONG, imho. How did we let it get so far?

I’m going to ask a real deep question…Do all or most or a few Muslims feel or accept that their faith is the only faith? I would be surprised if there is a Muslim on this forum but would like to hear from them if they are here?

Muslims feel that there have been prophets before Mohammad. But Mohammad is the last and final prophet. And the Jewish and Christian scriptures contain truth - but are corrupt and unreliable. See 6. Religious beliefs and practices and Chapter 6: Interfaith Relations - for survey info.

illegal border crossers but genuine refugees assisted by Canada. Here is a brief quote from the following article:

“The RCMP intercepted a total of 20,593 asylum seekers crossing irregularly into Canada last year and another 9,481 between Jan. 1 and May 31 of this year. Since April 1, 2017, only 643 have been detained, according to government data. Meanwhile, it appears very few irregular asylum seekers in Canada fail to show up for their immigration hearings - one of the key rationales used by the Trump administration in the United States for its policy to detain and federally prosecute all illegal immigrants to the U.S.”

I I I do not know what to say… So of the 20,000 + only 600 or so have been detained…

What are you guys doing?

Don is this a push for your government or a slam?

Did you read the article, Chad? Do you think the Canadian government spent MILLIONS of dollars to feed and house “600 or so” people? Do you know what “detained” means? The Canadian government intercepted 30,074 asylum seekers (20,593+9,481). They crossed the border from United States into Canada to escape prosecution. Canada detained only 643. The other 29,431 were NOT detained. They were fed and housed.

The canadians are more loving and tender-hearted than Americans.
And Angela Merkel has us all beat - of course, she’s willing to ruin her country.

I don’t think we can reach that conclusion. It’s all government policy—that of both governments.

I agree.

This article came from the Patheos Catholic newsletter today. Let me quote a bit from it - for reflection.

How did we get here? Over the last forty years Catholics have been indoctrinated – implicitly by the bishops, explicitly by many Catholic apostolates – that the Republican Party is the natural political home of American Catholics on account of abortion and gay marriage. Many of us have long lamented that in cozying up to the GOP in this way, the bishops were essentially authenticating the entirety of the Republican agenda, including those elements that deliberately target the poor, the sick, the elderly, children, refugees, and immigrants. That has always been vigorously denied, but now we’re seeing that in practical terms many Catholics are unable to distinguish Catholic teaching from the Trump agenda. Nor does it seem that they have any interest in doing so.

I also found that article interesting, in today’s Patheos evangelical newsletter.

Christians in America have a Trump problem. One considerably large group of Christians, mostly evangelicals and some conservative Catholics, are the unmovable cornerstone of Trump’s political base. To them, Donald Trump is one of God’s chosen characters in the master plan of salvation-history – a modern King Cyrus, as one commentator put it – who wills to transform the American Republic into the instantiation of the Kingdom of God. Another group, mostly comprised of Mainliners, Catholics, and progressive evangelicals, believe Donald Trump is the archetype of the antichrist. In their eyes Trump is the bane of all that is good in the world. Every injustice, every evil, every political setback and misdeed can – and should! – be placed at Trump’s feet, they believe. Like armies clashing in the night, these two groups of Christians are waging a war for the soul of America, and, depending on where they stand in the fight, Trump is either perceived as a liberating, heroic warrior or an enslaving, despotic overlord.

Completely ignorant remark

It should be noted that this is from one, of the Christian articles I’ve shared - for reflection. And it’s not a quote from me.

I know that, Randy, not a problem. They should have issued a trigger warning lol

Hail King Trump!

Did you know that the name “Donald” means “world ruler”?
And in card games, when you “trump” a card, then you are winning the hand.

Too bad he has to put up with pesky checks and balances. He could totally Reign if he were King.

The Canada can do no wrong in the media is nauseating.

FYI

“Solitude is where I place my chaos to rest and awaken my inner peace.”-- Nikki Rowe

i think I see Trump speaking, on the TV. Time to sing a song.

Trump denies “fake news” reports, but believes Kim Jong Un’s false pledge:

Actually, he has stated that verification is the only reason for trust. We will see.