The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

This is absolute gold…

It’s all BS, but funny BS

Hum! What’s interesting is today’s BBC article:

I especially like these charts they shared.

The funny thing about it is, if you would have been a betting person and placed your bets in '16 on Hillary, most of the polling indicators would have said you should have won the bet.:confused:

Very True. But part of me wonders if they (our current political/social upheavals) are not the way man has been programed to work these things out and unfortunately the pendulum just cuts back and forth. In chess you use pawns to achieve a greater end. In politics, pawns are unfortunately usually people.

So true. The old term was ‘cannon fodder’.

The following is a “Jeremiad”. If you’ve read Jeremiah, you know what that means.
From Victor Davis Hanson.

Watching the whole Kavanagh saga from north of the border was both fascinating as well as disturbing. How many men might have so easily found themselves in a similar situation.

I was prompted to write a letter to an agony column:
Dear Abby:

I am thinking about running as a candidate in the next election but I am not sure about doing so.

You see, when I was in primary school – back in 1951 in Scotland when I was 11 years old – I once snapped Amanda MacFarland’s bra (she had just started to wear one).

I am afraid that if I declare my candidacy she will recognize my name and come forward with the truth about what I now know was a despicable act. She may be followed by countless others claiming that they also had their bras snapped. That’s not factual but once the #MeToo movement hears about it there will be thousands, possibly millions, of women claiming the same thing. I realize they might not want to admit they were schoolgirls in 1951 but even that won’t stop them. I will be branded as a sexual pervert and my life and reputation will be in ruins.

Please help me, Abby

Desperate in Timbuktoo

1 Like

sail

Proverbs 12:19 Living Bible (TLB)

19 Truth stands the test of time; lies are soon exposed.

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.”-- George Washington

Speaking of women. Look at the new Doctor Who…that’s featured in today’s Patheos Catholic newsletter:

Who’s living 1984? One guess -

Guys minimising poor behaviour towards girls… well nothing new in that. :roll_eyes:

Obviously this part of the thread is instigated by the Brett Kavanaugh appointment. As to the minimizing of anything, I would say you may be right. Just watched the movie Chappaquiddick and if a small amount of the story was true, Kennedy obviously screwed up in a big way and had some soul searching to do at some point. Our actions have consequences, and though our lives can be totally ruined by things we do if we own up, the greater good will I believe prevail. But it takes some real guts to do it.

Here’s an interesting story, from today’s BBC news

We can spend money, in developing the latest - and greatest - weapon systems (except for Russian and China, which are major competitors). But we can’t keep the software systems, up to date. What does that tell you?

And use the Google search engine - over Bing. Another lesson learned, from today’s BBC news.

Well, never go into a foreign embassy…if you are viewed as an enemy.

President Trump is “publicly” demanding an answer - from the Saudis. As long as it doesn’t effect, our multi-billion dollar trade and military deals with them.

But today the UN chimed in, according to the BBC article - demanding answers

But Turkey also has its issues. Like the 2 year detention, of a Christian minister.

Is our health care system broken? See BBC article:

See chart we we have the highest health care cost - in the world (from article):

Oh, no! This is terrible! SIMPLE TERRIBLE! And it comes from today’s BBC online news.

Let me quote a bit - from the story.

The occult turned partisan on Saturday as a coven of New York witches placed a hex on US Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Dozens attended the event at Brooklyn’s Catland Books, which was also streamed online.

Organisers said the event was “an act of resistance and resilience”.

A Catholic priest and exorcist in California, Father Gary Thomas, planned to counter the spell by saying prayers for the justice at Mass.

And it gets even WORSE

Well, folks may laugh…when I present my theory…that the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE…is the most probable, end-times tribulation scenario. But we might be seeing, the beginning right here.

But let’s at least smile a bit first…with some stuff from today’s Sunil Bali newsletter:

Put downs by comedians to hecklers:

I’m sorry can’t understand what you’re saying. I’m wearing a moron filter - Arthur Smith

Your bus leaves in 10 minutes. Be under it - John Cooper Clarke

What are you so angry about? Has the price of Play Dough gone up? - Henning Wehn

Well it’s a night out for him and a night off for his family - Jack Dee

Pay attention madam and you’ll realise that we have several things in common, not just the beard– Markus Birdman

1 Like

I couldn’t help but notice, this BBC news article today:

But on the positive side…more jobs have opened up, according to today’s Dark Web news:

Hopefully, with the Dims taking the House, they can put a stop to all this economic growth, low unemployment, domestic oil production, bringing jobs and businesses back to the USA, etcetc.
And there will be free vegemite sandwiches for all!!

Actually, I’ve read and heard this as well, which is GREAT news:

Despite all appearances, the Democratic takeover of the House increases the odds of Trump’s reelection in 2020.
https://www.lawliberty.org/2018/11/07/losing-the-house-may-help-trump-more-than-it-hurts-him/

The market generally prefers polarized gridlocked government.