The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Well the market should be pretty danged happy now!

Well, the BBC was interviewing, some female Republican senator. … before the election results were in. She wanted the Democrats, to win the house. So there would be, a balance of power. If the president is not getting all the Republicans on board - with his agenda. Then can you blame the common men and women? Just my 2 cents worth.

This is from today’s Patheos’ Catholic newsletter:

He was a winner in this election. I just hope he can continue to make America great again. The Dems do not want that, apparently - at least they have shouted down the red hats with MAGA on them. Why, I wonder?

In any case it looks like Dems will be directing efforts in an astoundingly stupid way:
“In post-election chats with various callers while riding the Acela train, House Judiciary Committee ranking member Jerrold Nadler revealed plans to investigate and impeach Justice Brett Kavanaugh and President Trump.”
Really??? That’s what they have sunk to??
Well we just have to wait and see.

It’s nearly Christmas, Dave and company. We should all be of good cheer and merriment. Here’s something to cheer everyone up!

Just a footnote here. Didn’t the Democrats chiefly run on “health care”? It appears that s still a BIG issue, for folks in America.

Both parties are guilty of party politics, there is no real understanding of how these people work. If any of you can fill in those blanks then please do so, but my view is that they are in it for them selves just as I am in my own job. I want the best job for the best money… Pure and simple.:roll_eyes:

Yep.

There are some political leaders who really do care about the condition of the people, and who sacrifice their own interests in order to improve that condition.

It’s interesting the number of women, people voted to Senate and/or House positions. Two were Muslim and one was Native American, according to the TV and Internet news reports.

Show me a few, or hell, one in the American political landscape that are sacrificing their own interests…

What do you make of the following exchange?

I don’t know - he gave the media 90 extra minutes and then got nothing but adversarial putdowns and name-calling and rudeness - I give him a break on this one. The media are trolls.
There were so many important issues that could have been brought up, but no.

My take is that he is the president of the United States, And he can do… Well whatever the hell he wants to.

True. But then don’t go blaming the world’s media, for their take on his actions! :wink:

“When you do the things in the present that you can see, you are shaping the future that you are yet to see.”-- Idowu Koyenikan

Warning: knee-jerk reaction to follow!! :grin:
The same media that calls him a racist and his wife a c***? The same media that say he faked the Jim Acosta tape? The same media that glorifies 'pig in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon?" The same media that tries to hide the crimes of the Clintons, that gave Obama a pass on intentionally dividing the country on racism …well we could add a lot o that list, but until the media stops being advocacy journalists bent on destroying bad bad America, I suggest Trump not give them the time of day.

1 Like

Hum! There’s an interesting article, in today’s Patheos Catholic newsletter:

Everyone has their idea. I think Trumps is that, a rising tide lifts all boats. We shall see.
“People like Trump”. Geez.

I am a tad surprised by the number of trump haters who have expressed distaste for Donald Trump. As a mere long-distance observer, it seems to me that most are cutting him no slack. You criticize just about everything he says and does yet very few criticisms are levied against the MSM and other leftwing ideologues who say and do despicable, racist, deplorable, foul-mouthed things about a man who appears to be living up to his promises. He may be uncouth, I admit, but compared with the predecessor and the wannabe Clinton, he is doing his very best. And, to my way of thinking, he is succeeding and will succeed despite receiving no help from his opponents.

To repeat an offer I made months ago: we will take Trump off your hands, but only if you relieve us of prima-donna Justin Trudeau.

2 Likes

U.S.—As more and more Americans grow disillusioned with the democratic process, an increasing number of voters are throwing their support behind Aragorn II, Son of Arathorn, King of Gondor.

While the candidates on the ballot all received a fair number of votes, the largest voting bloc simply wrote in “Hail Aragorn, Son of Arathorn, the rightful heir to the throne of Gondor! We owe him our allegiance!” The monarch seems to have won support among American voters through his impeccable personal character, strong military service, and “dope” sword fighting ability.

“Some other candidates have good policies and decent track records, but none of them fought off the forces of Mordor when all hope seemed lost,” said one political pundit. “That’s not even to mention his strong showing at Helm’s Deep. And when he totally destroyed that Uruk Hai dude, he shot up in the polls significantly.”

Although it’s too early to call, should Aragorn win every race in the midterm elections, political experts believe Aragorn would become the king of America for life. “There’s really no way around it. We’d move away from letting the mob pick our ruler every couple of years and instead hail the rightful king. Hail Aragorn! Hail Aragorn!” said one cable news anchor.

The King of Gondor gave a rally speech thanking Americans for their support on Tuesday afternoon. “If by my life or death I can protect you, I will,” he said as the crowd bowed to him. “Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, of America, my brothers! A day may come when the nation fails, but it is not this day. An hour of darkness and despair, when the age of the great nation of America comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!”

Aragorn was also able to win over substantial support among the Army of the Dead, typically a strong Democratic voting bloc. - the BabylonBee
article-3286-1

Now, that’s REALLY good to hear! In fact, I’m leading them all now to vote!

This comes from the BBC news today: