The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

From Bill V. I don’t paint all Democrats (or Republicans) with the same brush - don’t be offended by the article, just notice the facts. I’m tired of the baboons in Washington, of either side.

From MavPhil:

Republicans Underestimate the Thuggery of Democrats

Andrew C. McCarthy:

Democrats are willing to use any tactics to block conservatives from the Supreme Court and seat their own ideologues. The question is not “Fair or unfair?” It’s “Will it work?” Republicans always seem flat-footed in response because they underestimate how far Democrats are willing to go to win, how willing they are to destroy people’s reputations if that’s what it takes. Republicans keep thinking it’s 1987 and the Bork debacle was the worst of it; in reality, we’re 30 years on, and the Bork debacle was just the beginning of it.

I learned this in terrorism cases. Radical left-wing attorneys, who style themselves “political lawyers,” try to turn the proceedings into a zoo, chaos being the weapon of those for whom the rules assure defeat. Either the judge takes control of the courtroom with a firm hand, enforces the rules, and penalizes the antics, or there are interminable delays, baseless smears, and general bedlam.

That’s right. Take control and muzzle or remove the transgressive punks. I’ll leave it to you to ponder whether these people are fellow citizens or domestic enemies out to destroy our system of government which enshrines such principles as the presumption of innocence.

Well, let’s wait and see - what the US population thinks. As we approach midterm elections. Will they vote republican, democrat or zombie? Let’s wait and see.

Let’s see if the Dems can destroy an honorable man’s life with a loon testimony from high school that noone else can verify. And the accusation is not even a crime!! But that is what American politics has come to. Take the country by any lying, cheating method possible. Screw the constitution. Maybe the Dems can do it!!
There are no rules.

Well, the problem is that there seems to be no shortage of politicians willing to agree to circumvent (actually I should say SPIN) the constitutional process to gain an advantage. If enough stink is raised in the street, politicians are re thinking their position.:roll_eyes: Dave’s use of the term ‘domestic enemies’ is interesting, because at one point the common good of the nation had meaning. The government we have is supposed to insulate us from a banana democracy, in other words, mob rule. The legislative, judicial and executive branches were created to be checks and balances against what is going on here today. I guess it takes women and men of integrity to actually get the job done.

My $.02 :wink:

If you cherish free speech, this is a tremendous essay - actually, a printed speech, from Bruce Bawer, showing the alarming war on that freedom world-wide.

Good article… Ask Alex Jones about how things can be disrupted when your bank starts to censor your speech…

Anthropomorphic Nouns

We are all familiar with a

Herd of cows,

Flock of chickens,

School of fish

And a Gaggle of geese.
However, less widely known is:

A Pride of lions,

A Murder of crows

( as well as their cousins the rooks and ravens),

An Exaltation of doves

And, presumably because they look so wise:

A Parliament of owls.

Now consider a group of Baboons. Baboons are the loudest, most dangerous, most obnoxious, most viciously aggressive and least intelligent of all primates.

And what is the proper collective noun for a group of baboons?

Believe it or not… A Congress!

(Note: I hadn’t heard that before, looked it up. It is correct)

A CONGRESS OF BABOONS!

That pretty much explains the things that come out of Washington!

Malcolm Pollack:

“We who came of age in the latter half of the twentieth century have lived our whole lives in such ease and peace and prosperity that we have mostly forgotten, I think, how rare, and how precarious, order and peace and safety are — how easily they are lost, and what sacrifices, and what sense of duty and gratitude, are necessary to sustain them. We just take it all for granted — this astonishing edifice of law and tradition and culture and trade and agriculture and innovation and justice and security — as if it was simply a pre-existing and eternal feature of the world. We imagine, lately, that we can just pick at it as we please, pull pieces out of it and burn them, hack away at its foundations, rip out its beams and joists, and crack its pillars without causing it, someday very soon, to come crashing down on our heads.”

Mob rule was something that happened in other countries, at other times, for other people, not for us. No longer can we think this, it is crouching at the door!

By the way, my post was an email that I received. Apparently it has been sent to many people.

By doing an internet search, I found that a group of baboons is NOT called “a congress of baboons” but rather “a troop of baboons.”

This is absolute gold…

It’s all BS, but funny BS

Hum! What’s interesting is today’s BBC article:

I especially like these charts they shared.

The funny thing about it is, if you would have been a betting person and placed your bets in '16 on Hillary, most of the polling indicators would have said you should have won the bet.:confused:

Very True. But part of me wonders if they (our current political/social upheavals) are not the way man has been programed to work these things out and unfortunately the pendulum just cuts back and forth. In chess you use pawns to achieve a greater end. In politics, pawns are unfortunately usually people.

So true. The old term was ‘cannon fodder’.

The following is a “Jeremiad”. If you’ve read Jeremiah, you know what that means.
From Victor Davis Hanson.

Watching the whole Kavanagh saga from north of the border was both fascinating as well as disturbing. How many men might have so easily found themselves in a similar situation.

I was prompted to write a letter to an agony column:
Dear Abby:

I am thinking about running as a candidate in the next election but I am not sure about doing so.

You see, when I was in primary school – back in 1951 in Scotland when I was 11 years old – I once snapped Amanda MacFarland’s bra (she had just started to wear one).

I am afraid that if I declare my candidacy she will recognize my name and come forward with the truth about what I now know was a despicable act. She may be followed by countless others claiming that they also had their bras snapped. That’s not factual but once the #MeToo movement hears about it there will be thousands, possibly millions, of women claiming the same thing. I realize they might not want to admit they were schoolgirls in 1951 but even that won’t stop them. I will be branded as a sexual pervert and my life and reputation will be in ruins.

Please help me, Abby

Desperate in Timbuktoo

sail

Proverbs 12:19 Living Bible (TLB)

19 Truth stands the test of time; lies are soon exposed.

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.”-- George Washington

Speaking of women. Look at the new Doctor Who…that’s featured in today’s Patheos Catholic newsletter: