The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

ONLY if you can show, a statistical cause and effect relationship - between the statistical variables.

I’m from Missouri. Show me!

Sorry but you just have to have faith!

Someone here may be interested to know that “The Zombies” have been nominated to be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!

Hum! I wonder who that person could be???

That’s your taste in things, and I’m glad you are happy with that. Most of us, though, have to make decisions on non-statistical data - experience, trust, intuition etc. The human way.

What do you all think of Michael Cohen’s testimony?

Not sure I trust much these days… With the rich and powerful at the top, both Democrat and Republican alike can frame, be framed, or find a scape goat… Not sure I trust much of anything unless I see it for myself.

What do you think?

Hum! There’s an interesting article about Google, in today’s BBC news: :wink:

Given his usual reactionary rapid-fire little fingers… no tweets from the twit on this, the silence is deafening??

I think Cohen got time for his own stuff, little to do with Trump stuff

Hum! Interesting story in today’s BBC news! This should make all the Trump fans here happy! :wink:

This is from the BBC news today:

Of course, this story from today’s BBC news - is every more deplorable!

A few facts from Deroy Murdock:

"But some of the same Democrats who decry President Donald J. Trump’s proposed concrete wall as a 30-foot-tall human-rights violation actually approved 700 miles of steel barriers under the Secure Fence Act of 2006 (SFA).

Give Pelosi this: She is consistent. She voted against SFA. Maybe, deep down, she wants an America without borders.

Meanwhile, these current, former, and then-ascendant Senate Democrats all voted for SFA, which President George W. Bush signed into law. On September 26, 2006, the Senate passed SFA 80–19, with 26 Democrats voting Yea. Among them:

Joseph Biden of Delaware (“I voted for the fence related to drugs,” he explained in a 2007 debate. “A fence will stop 20 kilos of cocaine coming through that fence.”)
Sherrod Brown of Ohio (while still in the House, Brown voted Yea that September 14.)
Tom Carper of Delaware
Hillary Clinton of New York (the Halloween after voting for SFA, she told the Council on Foreign Relations that America should “secure our borders with technology, personnel, physical barriers if necessary in some places.”)
Dianne Feinstein of California (“Democrats are solidly behind controlling the border, and we support the border fence,” she told the Los Angeles Daily News. “We’ve got to get tough on the border. There’s no question the border is a sieve.”)
Bill Nelson of Florida (freshly defeated by Republican Rick Scott)
Barack Obama of Illinois (“The bill before us certainly will do some good,” Obama argued on the Senate floor. “It will authorize badly needed funding for better fences and better security along our borders, and that should help stem some of the tide of illegal immigration in this country.” He added that SFA would stymie “immigrants sneaking in through unguarded holes in our border. . .”)
Chuck Schumer of New York
Debbie Stabenow of Michigan
Ron Wyden of Oregon"

Thanks Paidion. I appreciate your response as well. I am normally pretty easy going, and I guess I was fired up with that post. I don’t usually get fired up like that, but I fear the media and rhetoric was just getting to me.

Gabe, I want to know why Don is calling you Gabey?

:thinking:

Don is old enough to be my grandfather, so I consider it a complement. But, you would have to ask him to be sure! Whatever the case, it doesn’t bother me.

And you are still watching CNN? :wink:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/german-star-reporter-forced-to-resign-after-admitting-to-have-fabricated-multiple-stories

Why don’t you ask me? I did it out of respect. I was glad that he is a man worthy of respect. I didn’t actually know that until I received his response.

I suppose that with your assumptions, you presumed that I did it as a putdown. But as you can see, Gabe didn’t take it that way at all.

In my own case, my closest friends call me “Donny.”