The Evangelical Universalist Forum

I Believe In The One Who Succeeds

I Believe

I believe in “the restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouths of the prophets since the world began.” -Acts 3:21-

I believe that the “good tidings of great joy will be to all people.” -Luke 2:10

I believe that believers in Christ Jesus are “born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor the will of man, but of God.” -John 1:13-

I believe

I believe that God appointed Jesus Christ “heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe.” -Hebr. 1:2-

I believe that “no man can come to Christ unless the Father who sent Him draws him.” -John 6:44

I believe “God gave Jesus authority over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as God gave him.” -John 17:2-

I believe

I believe the Father “has given all things into Jesus’ hands.” -John 13:3-

I believe that Jesus Christ “was the true light which gives light to every man who come into the world.” -John 1:9

I believe that “just as the result of one trespass was condemnation to all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification for all men.” -Romans 5:18

I believe one mans sin “brought condemnation for all mankind.” -Romans 5: 19-

I believe one mans righteousness brings “right relationship with God, and new life for everyone.” -Romans 5:19-

I believe one mans sin made the whole of mankind sinners. I also believe the righteousness of one Man makes the whole of mankind righteous.

-to be continued-

1 Like

I Believe

I believe that Jesus is “able to subdue all things to himself.” -Phil. 3:21-

I believe that Jesus came “that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are in earth in Him. In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His own will.” -Eph. 1:10,11-

I believe “the Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering towards us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” -2 Peter 3:9-

I Believe

I believe “God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors as though God was making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: be reconciled to God.” -2 Cor. 5:19, 20-

I believe that “all nations shall be blessed.” -Gal. 3:8-

I believe that “the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” -John 6:33-

I believe that Jesus commanded us to be like himself: “Love your enemies, bless those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.” -Matt. 5:44,45

I believe Jesus when he said: “And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw [Greek=draw, drag, impel] all mankind unto myself.”

I believe that “creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but by reason of Him who subjected it in hope, because creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.” -Romans 8:20,21-

To be continued-

I Believe

I believe “If anyone’s work which he has built endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved yet so as through fire.” -1 Cor. 3:14,15-

I believe “of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever.” -Romans 11:36

I believe “all Israel shall be saved.” -Romans 11:26-

I Believe

I believe “Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.” -2 Cor. 5:14-

I believe that “the head of every man is Christ, the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.” -1 Cor. 11:3-

I believe that “all nations shall come and worship You, for Your judgements have been made manifested.” -Rev. 15:4

I believe that “when God’s judgements are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.” -Isa. 26:9-

I believe that “mercy shall triumph over judgement.” -James 2:13-

I believe that “where sin abounded, grace abounded much more.” -Romans 5:20-

I Believe

I believe that “God is love.” -1 John 4:8-

I believe that “love never fails.” -1 Cor. 13:8-

I believe that God never fails.

I believe “herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loves us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.” -1 John 4:10-

I believe “God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.” -1 John 4:16-

I believe Jesus Christ "is the propitiation for our sins and not for our sins only but the sins of the whole world. -1 John 2:2-

-to be continued-

I Believe

I believe “every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: blessing and honour and glory and power to him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever.” -Rev. 5:13-

I believe that “in the name of Jesus every knee shall bow in heaven and on the earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” -Phil. 2: 10,11

I believe “all nations whom God has made will come and worship before him.” -Psl. 86:9-

I believe “God’s mercy endures forever.” -1 Chron. 16:34-

I believe God’s Spirit “will be poured out on all flesh.” -Joel 2:28-

I believe that “the leaves of the Tree of Life are for the healing of the nations.” -Rev. 22:2

I believe “that there shall no longer be a curse upon anything.” -Rev. 22:3-

-To be continued-

I Believe

I believe that if we really knew the Lord, we “would not have condemned the guiltless.” -Matt. 12:7-

I believe “God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the gentiles, which is Christ in you the hope of glory. Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.” -Col. 1: 27, 28-

I believe that God beckons us to “Come and let us return to the Lord, for He was torn, but He will heal us, He was stricken, but He will bind us. After 2 days, He will revive us. On the third day He will raise us up that we may live in His sight.” -Joel 2:28-

I believe “the Lord makes bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of God.” -Isa. 52:10-

I Believe

I believe “the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.” -Isa. 40:5-

I believe “all creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but by reason of Him who so subjected it in hope.” -Rom. 8: 20-

I believe “the whole creation shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption.” -Romans 8: 20

I believe that “they” and “we who have the first-fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves, wait for the redemption of our body.” -Romans 8:23

To be continued

I Believe

I believe that “having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, does he not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost till he find it.” -Luke 15:14-

I believe the Lord gathers up remnants of fish and bread, He “gathers up remnants that nothing be lost.” -John 6:12

I believe God “will open His hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing.” -Psl. 145:6

I believe that God is “gracious in all His works.” -Psl. 145:17-

I believe “the earth is the Lord’s and all its fulness, the world and all those who dwell therein.” -Psl. 24:1-

I believe “all the kings of the earth shall praise You, oh Lord, when they hear the words of Your mouth.” -Psl. 138:4-

I believe God “reveals Himself by those who did not ask for Him; He was found by those who did not seek Him.” -Isa. 65:1

I Believe

I believe “the Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all the works of His hands. All Your works shall praise You, oh Lord.” -Psl. 145:8-10-

I believe “all the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations shall worship before You. All those who go down to the dust shall bow before You.” -Psl. 22:27, 29

I believe “O You who hear prayer, to You shall all flesh come. Iniquities prevail against me; as for transgressions, You will provide atonement for them.” -Psl. 66:3, 4-

I believe “through the greatness of Your power Your enemies shall submit themselves to You. All the earth shall worship You and sing praises to You.” -Psl. 66: 3, 4

I Believe

I believe “the Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all the works of His hands. All Your works shall praise You, oh Lord.” -Psl. 145:8-10-

I believe “all the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations shall worship before You. All those who go down to the dust shall bow before You.” -Psl. 22:27, 29

I believe “O You who hear prayer, to You shall all flesh come. Iniquities prevail against me; as for transgressions, You will provide atonement for them.” -Psl. 66:3, 4-

I believe “through the greatness of Your power Your enemies shall submit themselves to You. All the earth shall worship You and sing praises to You.” -Psl. 66: 3, 4

I believe

I believe that “through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness.” -Lam. 3:21-24-

I believe that "the Lord will not cast off forever. Though He causes grief, yet He will show compassion according to the multitude of His mercies. -Lam. 3:31,32

I believe “there is no God besides Me, a just God and Saviour; There is none besides Me. Look to Me and be saved, all you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is none other. I have sworn by Myself; the word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that to Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall take an oath. He shall say, surely in the Lord I have righteousness and strength. To Him men shall come, and all shall be ashamed who are incensed against Him. In the Lord all the descendants of Israel shall be justified and shall glory.” -Isa. 45:21-25

I Believe

I believe “in this mountain the Lord of Hosts will make for all people a feast of choice pieces, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of well-refined wines on the lees. And He will destroy on this mountain the covering cast over all nations and all poeples. He will swallow up death forever, and the Lord will wipe away all tears from all faces.” -Isa.25-26

I believe Jesus Christ “ascended higher than all the heavens so that He might fill the entire universe with Himself.” -Eph. 4:10

I believe that Jesus Christ is destined to reign until God “has put all enemies under His feet.” -1 Cor. 15:25

I believe the end consummates in “abolishing every kind of domination, authority, and power.” - 1 Cor. 15:24

I believe the “last enemy to be abolished is death.” -1 Cor. 15:27

I believe that “when all things are subject to Him, then the Son himself will also be made subordinate to God, who made all things subject to Him.” -1 Cor. 15:28

I believe the subjection of all to Christ Jesus culminates in “God all in all.” -1 Cor. 15:28

I Believe

I believe “all nations of the earth shall be blessed.” -Gen. 18:18

I believe “all families of the earth shall be blessed.” -Gen. 12:3 & Gen. 28:14

I believe “it shall come to pass the saying that is written: ‘death is swallowed up in victory, Oh death, where is your sting. Oh, hell, where is your victory.’ The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” -1 Cor. 15: 54-58

I believe “it is finished.” -John 19:30

1 Like

Is your God the God of the “tis” or the God of “ta pante”?

God IS the Source, Guide & Goal of the all!

Not “tis”, “ta pante.”

Shackle =

To deprive of freedom especially of action by means of restrictions or handicaps.

To bind/ chain/fetter.

Limitation =

To be deprived of freedom by means of restrictions or handicaps.

Bound/ confine/ limit

"You have limited the Holy One of Israel."

Man’s failure or God’s success: which will stand?

“The teaching of the ultimate exaltation of Jesus Christ and the ultimate reconciliation of all men unto Him, make God’s judgments consistent with His plan of creation. God’s judgments become understandable, purposeful, and constructive without violating any aspect of justice, truth, or mercy. If just one person were condemned to eternal torment, then God’s purpose in creation would have been defeated.

God’s judgments are redemptive.

The end result of God’s judgments is, ‘That in the Name of Jesus every knee will bow, celestial, terrestrial, and subterranean, and every tongue will acclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord, for the glory of God the Father (Phil. 2:10,11). God planned for the maturity of the times and the climax of the ages to unify all things and head them up and consummate them in Christ, both in the heavens, and on earth (Eph. 1:10). Amplified Bible

-Lee Salisbury-

Is God a Failure?

Now that’s a pretty poignant question. Or is it an insinuation? An inference? Or implication? Or is it truth, as many would have you believe? Have you ever heard a sermon by that title? I doubt if you have. But I’m certain you have heard many a sermon which has been riddled with such implications.

Allow me to rephrase the question: Have you ever heard a sermon stating that if you don’t accept Jesus, you’ll burn forever in hell? Ah, I knew I’d touch a raw nerve. You have, haven’t you? If you heard that God is going to lose so much as one individual to the devil forever, then God is a failure.

If you have heard that the heathen (who have never had an opportunity to hear of Jesus) will be tormented forever for not believing in Him, then you’ve heard that God is a failure. If you’ve heard that man’s puny will can withstand the omnipotent will of God, and that man’s will can paralyze God’s will, then you have heard that God is a failure.

If you’ve heard that the Adversary outsmarted God in the garden of Eden, if you’ve heard that God did not want Adam and Eve to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, then you’ve heard that God is a failure.

If you’ve ever heard anyone affirm that God will lose 95% of His created beings that He’s placed on planet earth, and will torment them forever, then you’ve clearly heard that God is a failure.

If the Good Shepherd is not willing that any should perish, and yet gets weary and gives up before He finds the last sheep that’s lost, then you know that God is a failure.

If no one can come to Jesus except the Father draws him, and if the Father - eventually - does not draw every single person, then God is a failure.

What is the response of your heart to the poised question: Is God a failure? Ah, my heart says, “Nay, a billion nays.” My heart has fallen in love with a God who does all things perfectly, and one day all will be made plain, and in the end He will become ‘All in All’ and for that day my heart does wait and meanwhile I rejoice and endure because I see Him, the invisible One.

By faith I see a Master Plan for the ages and beyond, and I know I am part of that plan, and for this I whisper, “Thank you, Jesus.” I sing a song to my Beloved, Hallelujah!

In Love with Him - Eleanor Garrod-

Do you know how many times “limited” is used in Scripture?

Exactly once. “You have limited the Holy One of Israel.”

“In order that, by His goodness to us in Christ Jesus, He might display in the Ages to come the transcendent riches of His grace.”

Ephesians 2:7 in order that in the coming ages He might display the surpassing riches of His grace, demonstrated by His kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

Transcendent=

Dictionary Definition=

Surpassing others; preeminent or supreme.

Lying beyond the ordinary range of perception.

huperballo =

To throw over and beyond.

Exceeding / surpassing.