The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Is God The Author Of Evil?

My real name is Susan…I’m not a man but I don’t take any lip off men these days…too many of them don’t even consult God enough to know what they are talking about.

I just corrected a young preacher who is misleading people on faith healing…He can heal people he just doesn’t know all the ins and outs.

But Jerry and Carol Robeson do.

Unfortunately people don’t have enough brains to respect their elders these days…

Most of the kids on the Internet give lip to his elders who know better than them. All the atheists are so ignorant they don’t know you go to a church or a mature believer to learn about God…they haven’t got God’s anointing but that doesn’t stop them from acting like they are experts.

Enoch walked with God a long time…so did Moses…that is one of the reasons God used them…

I think you are right…I am a walking library on the bible but I can take my library somewhere else instead of making life’s tough questions easy for you like a reference librarian does.

Go seek on your own …and good luck…sorting truth from error takes a lot of time but it does yield results.

Does this site out rank God?

Maybe you can explain how a prophet can be a prophet if he refuses to fulfill his office and deliver God’s messages.

I have been delivering God’s messages to hostile people for over 8 years now and God likes me delivering His messages because I don’t turn tail and run at the first sign of opposition.

Instead I stand and deliver like a lion.

Did you think God was going to use a spiritual wimp to deliver His messages in the Wild West of the Internet where there is always a false prophet, a militant atheist or some other type of control freak trying to silence you and God’s message.

Well I refuse to be silent…I don’t owe a militant atheist, a false prophet or some human control freak my obedience.

I only owe my obedience and allegiance to God…I am a citizen of Heaven walking on Earth.

Go read the Book of Esther again.

Mordecai refused to bow to that devil Haman and Haman wanted to kill him for it.

But God’s children don’t bow to the devil.

We don’t bow to people with demons.

Instead we take God’s authority and cast them out.

If we had a few more Esthers in this world then the Kingdom would already be here.

Nobody is better at standing and delivering than a woman. Women risk death to,deliver boys all the time.

But people like to take one literal verse in the bible and make women of no effect.

Why doesn’t the world try reading the whole bible and understand from God’s point of view instead of their own petty mindedness?

The Spirit is higher than the letter…that means the Spirit rules…the letter is a mere guide…

There are tons of women in this world that outrank carnal men in Spirit…but the stupid carnal guys can’t get over the literal verse because they don’t want to and then the spiritual men bend over backwards to accommodate the carnal dudes who are wrong in their interpretations.

The Spirit is higher than the letter…it,says so in 2 Cor. 3:6

biblegateway.com/passage/?s … ersion=ASV

But we had the carnal popes running the show like false prophets for over 1500 years…

So we better get busy learning the scriptures from the bottom up.

You want to see how carnal the popes were then read Halley…The carnal dudes running Europe…no wonder we had The Dark Ages…the popes led people into darkness until Wycliffe, Luther, Fox and a few other good men showed up to fight the good fight of faith.

The women were locked in,chastity belts while the men went off to the Crusades…The women thank you for that one Pope! Sarcasm implied.

Wicked Popes, Henry Halley
gracegems.org/D/evil_popes.htm

Well, since at no time in my whole life have I ever rejected a woman for being a woman; or a teacher for being a woman; or a prophet for being a woman; or an apostle for being a woman; or anyone with spiritual gifts for being a woman; or anyone in authority for being a woman; including any administrator on this board for being a woman; and including you, before you stepped out from behind your brave and lion-like pseudonym, as well as afterward, for being a woman; then are you getting this idea that I’m rejecting you for being a woman, from what you think is inspiration by God?

Which would be par for your course so far, if so. Since what you’re actually in trouble for here is claiming to be an authoritative prophet without substantiation.

I am somewhat unsure whether a real prophet of God would make such a radically false guess about what the actual problem is here; possibly so. Wild ass guesses aren’t prophetic inspiration after all; and you haven’t claimed this extremely false guess to have been prophetic inspiration, after all.

I am however very sure a real prophet of God would at least sympathize with an administrator’s concern over protecting his (and her) flock from unsubstantiated claims of prophetic authority.

We’ll keep your attitude in mind as we consider things.

I am not accusing you personally of suppressing women…I am making a historical point not a personal one.

I am explaining the scriptures now…How we got hell doctrine and the world relegating spiritual women to the kitchen…They still do that in certain churches you know.

Quite a few churches are paranoid and hamstring themselves…Some little churches are family run…you can go in and worship but they won’t bother to check your talents at all.

I can probably out teach 9 out of 10 men on the bible…but I have to bake brownies for potlucks and deny I have this big brain. A multitasking brain…that God created me with…

But men off of one verse in the bible say…stay in the nursery…you can’t preach…oh you can teach women but don’t preach…

You know you’re a woman…you are chattel…you are meant to be submissive…the,scriptures say so…

Oh they do huh?

You better do some topical studies men…

I am tired of the Church Pharisees who,can’t interpret scripture trying to boss me around.

Some of these guys with their overly literal interpretations will get you killed in this life.

Do you know what the bible is?

It is God’s testimony about Himself.

It is God saying “I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”

And that is a brave statement.

So why do we have to qualify it, justify it, tone it down or add to it?

Because we have interpretive problems that’s why…and we like our own,opinions better than His sometimes though we usually don’t realize we made an idol out of our own opinions or knowledge.

We also have mental sickness, fears, heart idols and demons mixing up our interpretive capability…Not to mention the evil Angels at work in the world…messing up religion and politics and the media…

So when you run into someone uncorrectable on doctrine…sometimes you also ran into an idol or demon because most Christians aren’t totally
free of idols or demons unless they know to follow The Clean/Unclean Doctrine in the Bible.

Here is the list of demons from a deliverance ministry.

It is not uncommon for an ordinary person to suffer from 2 to 3 dozen of these problems.

delmin.publishpath.com/Websites/ … t-6-10.pdf

The bible doesn’t say that God created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It only states that it was there. Also, the bible doesn’t say satan suggested Eve eat the fruit, it says the serpent. As I mentioned before, this is a metaphor for liars, deceivers, and wicked people as expressed in many verses all throughout the bible. As for foreknowledge, this means prior knowledge or awareness of something. I believe God gave Adam and Eve prior knowledge of this tree when He warned them not to eat of it. So they obviously knew that it was not good before they partook of it.

The bible doesn’t say that God created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It only states that it was there. Also, the bible doesn’t say satan suggested Eve eat the fruit, it says the serpent. As I mentioned before, this is a metaphor for liars, deceivers, and wicked people as expressed in many verses all throughout the bible. As for foreknowledge, this means prior knowledge or awareness of something. I believe God gave Adam and Eve prior knowledge of this tree when He warned them not to eat of it. So they obviously knew that it was not good before they partook of it.

The bible in Genesis 1:2 says the Earth was void.

Do you want to explain how Adam and Eve knew the importance of obeying God if they had no experiential knowledge through failure of the importance of obedience to Him?

Before the Tree they had no knowledge…they were blank slates.

Once you have knowledge then you have a choice to make in your actions.

If God didn’t know everything and set the Tree of Knowledge there then He is not All Knowing.

But He is and He allowed it for a purpose because He could have prevented the tree being there but instead He allowed it.

God knew we would fall just like a baby learns to walk after falling down a thousand times a day.

It isn’t the fall that is important…the important thing is you persevere, get back up and learn to walk and then to run.

People do the same thing God does.

We let our kids play football knowing they can get hurt.

Why? For the experience.

We let them ride bikes and skateboards knowing falls are inevitable.

You wouldn’t want your kids to turn out wimpy now would you?

Moral courage and physical courage is learned…so are a lot of other attributes of the human race.

That is why they need role models.

Now you could argue some attributes of mankind are immanent…it could be…they still have to be developed more fully.

Faith is the gift of God but it is added to also…that is why we learn the scriptures until we come to a full measure of faith.

The question is when’ does God give the gift and why at that time?

I don’t know…but God knows.

It could be He has a reason for giving some people faith early and some people faith late.

I

Cloud9,
You say in your post “Once you have knowledge then you have a choice to make in your actions.”
God forewarned Adam and Eve that the tree was not good. From this knowledge, they then made their choice. Afterwards, their eyes were opened. If they had no prior knowledge, then they would not have realized that what they had done was wrong.
Also, you mention that God allowed the tree to be in the garden. This brings us back to the discussion at hand. Is God the author of evil? There is a difference between creating evil and allowing it to happen. I am of the belief that God created man. Man is also endowed with the ability to create. Thus man creates evil by not following God.

I can only give you my interpretation…in a sense everyone can think for himself on this. I may have some gaps in my interpretation and you may too so maybe we can compare notes since I have never tried to break what happened in the Garden into such itty bitty little pieces before.

They had curiosity in their nature didn’t they? To want to taste the fruit…they must have had curiosity in their nature but they didn’t know that curiosity could be deceived…maybe without falling and God picking them up they don’t realize that God is good and they don’t realize that they are attached to and depend on Him.

It is believed by some that Adam and Eve lost their spiritual covering when they disobeyed and ate the fruit. Did they know that would happen?

I think you’re right people can create evil as can God but the intention behind the creation is different. God can bring good out of evil but man can hardly ever bring good out of evil because most of the time he doesn’t do evil with the intention to do good.

Eve thought she would be like God but instead they fell…but later over in the New Testament after the day of Pentecost we have disciples that are Christlike…so didn’t some of Adam and Eve’s children get what Eve and Adam originally set out to do when they disobeyed?

Read the Book of Proverbs…the main theme is " get wisdom"…but how will they get that without knowledge, the law, learning God’s ways and receiving His correction?

We always think about the loving aspect of God…but there is a knowledge or wisdom aspect, too that we downplay…but how can you obtain the ultimate virtue of self control without knowledge? How can you be godly without knowledge?

God has knowledge and He uses that knowledge righteously…that is something people have to learn to do.

Remember God said the creation was good…that includes Adam and Eve…they were good but they weren’t perfect.

God never mars relationships; only created persons do that. He seeks to destroy that which has marred them and to restore all relationships in Love.

The rub, I think, is that it’s impossible to even have created persons genuinely develop as moral agents who can actually be mature participants in Love, can actually have relationships, without them going through the lessons of damaged relationships, which they bring on themselves through their non-Love.

So I guess an omniscient God sees the future evil that must be allowed for created persons to even exist, and must count that as better than having no relationships at all, since in the end all such evil will be destroyed, all things made new. (??)

Yes, the sibling rivalry is rampant in the Old Testament and we even see the disciples displaying it among themselves asking to sit at Jesus’ right hand.

The sibling rivalry is always rampant…It is probably the spirit behind denominationalsm.

We should have been unified by now but everyone does like to scrap over dogma like several dogs over one bone.

If we didn’t scrap so much the atheists and the Buddhists and the Muslims and the Hindus and the rest of the world would have come Into the fold long ago but we do.

Note: Cloud9 has now asked us to close her account here, which we have done; so please don’t take advantage of her being unable to answer back on future posts.

Why not just use the scriptures to answer the question?

CLV Isa 45:7 Former of light and Creator of darkness, Maker of good and Creator of evil. I, Yahweh Elohim, made all of these things.

Better to believe the scriptures than rely on human reasoning.