The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Is it Always God's Will to Heal?

I would throw out that life may well be a tapestry, a series of interconnecting threads between all of man kind. The human emotional response is to divide and conquer :astonished: So the tribal instinct of humans may well be to ‘go with their own’ :wink:

If we look at life, religions, God, and humanity as a forest, as opposed to a series of trees, it is possible we can move beyond some of the walls of closed mind ness, and start to accept that there may be a big… no a HUGE picture ahead :open_mouth: We can start to be ‘as they say’ part of the solution as opposed to part of the problem.

I tend to believe that most of the folks here on this forum lean that way. :slight_smile:

In the context of healing, if we look at the broader picture and realize God may well have intentions for our sacrifice to benefit and illuminate those around us, and for us to understand and accept, isn’t that somewhat what Paul was talking about to the new churches? :astonished:

It seems Jesus was the ultimate showing of sacrifice, of love. :exclamation:

Gabe, Yes, I think we all get in that rut where we question everything. Been there, done that myself numerous times. The only advice I can give you is to quit thinking so much and go “work a miracle” for someone else. This may or may not work for you, but it seems to help me in times such as these. As Ecclesiastes says, “much study is wearisome to the flesh. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments.” Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

LLC, wonderful and much agreed. What I found most true is to value what God or the universe has given me, and run with it. Be kind and helpful to others. To me, that can and is done by both believers and unbelievers alike. I think if there is a God He would appreciate the kindness of the atheist and reward accordingly every bit as much as a believer. In fact, I don’t believe that “believing” gives anyone extra brownie points with God. The only thing that matters, in my opinion, is our actions.

Even Matthew 25 details this “When did we feed and help you?” They had no clue… They might have been an atheist who were just kind. I think the one thing that angers me is the belief that atheists or agnostics can’t possibly be rightous. I reject that with all of my being and condemn that arrogant opinion.