The Evangelical Universalist Forum

I've started a blog called "Reforming Hell"!

After many years thinking about starting a blog, I’ve finally done it :slight_smile: It’s called Reforming Hell. For those who think I chose an odd topic to focus on, I think that our view of what happens after death affects our view of God, people around us & even the world itself.

I hope to cover:

• How does reforming hell affect our view of who God is and who people are?
  • How does our view of hell relate to our view of justice & the purpose of punishment?
  • What things in this world, which is hellish for many people, can we reform?
  • Can people in hell be reformed? Is hell a place of reformation – a reforming hell?
  • How are Christians currently trying to reform the view of hell?
  • How have past Christians wanted to reform the view of hell?

You should add links to your entries here, when you make them! :smiley: :ugeek:

Great idea, thanks!

My very first blog post:

:smiley:

I just posted my next post:

Up to post 3 now, aren’t you?

Ah, yes, I posted an extra post in the first week:

My blog post for this week is:

I hope you find it helpful.

Hi Alex - very good presentation!
I’m interested in your word ‘punished’. Are you sure that God is choosing to punish us or was He just warning us of the inevitable consequences of sin?

I too think that the presentation is very good, and I look forward to the next part. :smiley:

Yes, good question… certainly the latter but possibly also a bit of the former.

It’s taken a few days to carefully articulate these reflections on this sensitive issue so I hope they are helpful… :neutral_face:

The Bible’s prophetic revelation of the eventual, joyful, holistic, truly glorifying, worship of God by everyone!

I think there are good biblical reasons for believing that those who don’t repent and rejoice in this life will do so at some point in the next. In a future post I’ll explore how God might bring people freely to this position but in this post I’ll simply focus on what I think are His promises that He will.

“Every Knee Shall Bow” by J. Kirk Richards ©2008

In today’s post I want to look at one of the reasons why I believe eventually all broken relationships will be healed in the New Creation. We find this promise in the “The Christ Poem”:

As I live on the other side of the world, unfortunately I wasn’t able to attend but I recently received the Rethinking Hell DVD! I’ve already watched the first talk and so would like to share some of the highlights. The talk was by an Evangelical Conditionalist, Chris Date, and was titled, A Seat at the Table: An Appeal for Dialogue and Fellowship.

You’ll have to read the blog post to find out the link between a Koala & UR! :sunglasses: