The Evangelical Universalist Forum

"Jesus is Lord": 1 Cor 12:3 and Is 45 discussion

Hey all,

Well, I posted on facebook a response to John Piper’s “Is God Glad Osama bin Laden’s Dead?” where I mentioned that God’s pleasure and will is in saving ALL people, and a couple friends glommed onto that (I haven’t been outed as a universalist yet on facebook), so it’s turned into an interesting discussion! (Mainly talking about what I mentioned in the title) Here’s the link:

facebook.com/#!/notes/neal-f … 5871166540

Add me as a friend if you can’t see it! Feel free to weigh in if you want. :mrgreen:

I commented with this:

Jesus tells us it is not those who “say” [Gr. legō, Strongs #3004] “Lord, Lord” who are saved, but the one who does the will of the Father. And He will “confess” [Gr. homologeō, #3670] to them, “I never knew you. Depart from me you workers of iniquity!”

Now, turning to Phil 2:11 we find a word of even greater intensity… “and that every tongue will confess [Gr. exomologeō, #1843] that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

ἐξομολογέω appears to be used of genuine and joyful agreement, see: blueletterbible.org/lang/lex … 843&t=NASB

Sonia

The link doesn’t work. It takes me to a blocked facebook page that says this:

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Return home

Enjoyed reading that Neal! You sure have a nice way of pressing them and not letting up. It’s always struck me that when everyone bows and confesses Jesus is Lord that it’s to the glory of God. Hard to imagine that a confession that isn’t heartfelt brings glory to God since the heart is what He seems to care most about. But, isn’t that the difference between us? Aren’t they persuaded that God’s glory is in the forcing? It’s so wonderful to see God in a different light, that He really loves and cares for us (our interest) and not just some outside glory of His.

Sorry, dirtboy! :blush: Try this, and see if you can add me as a friend:

facebook.com/nealfos
or
facebook.com/nealfos

(hopefully that’ll work)

Heck, anyone here, please friend request me! :mrgreen:

Thanks, amy! You know, while I was writing some of those responses, I took a step back and said, “I can’t believe I’m having to explain this!” :unamused: :laughing: But then I remembered when I saw those texts the same way Kyle does, and how it would have been nigh-impossible to admit that there was another plausible way to view them.