The Evangelical Universalist Forum

"Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie" esp love "Second Chance" song!

imdb.com/title/tt0298388/?li … 2689435482 Levi & I love it, even after watching it many times! :sunglasses:

Some of the songs & script is very UR (or at least Arminian).

Yeah, we’re Veggie Tales fans too. Good stuff :slight_smile:

Sonia

I just watched the Veggie Tales: The Wonderful Wizard of Ha’s (The Parable of the Prodigal Son) with Levi. Almost as good as Jonah. Especially the conclusion that quotes 1 John 3:1

Their emphasis on the last 3 words appearing to imply that everyone is a child of God. Especially when the tomato goes on to explain:

This seems to me to go beyond even Arminianism, what do you think?

I think I’ll have to see that! :slight_smile:

Yep. It might be accidental, or maybe it’s Calvinistic (only for the elect)–although the whole structure of their series runs against Calv interpretation.

On the other hand, we might be getting them in trouble by pointing this out. :wink: (I try very hard not to reference a particular super-famous Baptist woman by name, because she arrived at a classically universalistic expression of relation between Calvs and Arms after writing a study on Romans, and I don’t want her ministry which is unspeakably popular among Calvs and Arms alike to be ruined.)

Yes, it does sound UR-ish! :sunglasses: But a lot of people do accidentally say things that sound that way – especially in songs – even if though they wouldn’t agree if you pointed out the implications of their words.

Sonia

If they said, “Well of course we simplified down things so as not to traumatize the children”, I would be inclined to quote Christ’s warning to the apostles, “Truly I tell you, unless you turn and become like children, you absolutely never shall be entering into the kingdom of the heavens. It is not the Will before your Father in the heavens, that even one of these little ones shall be dying!!”

That Veggie Tales movie has revolutionized my perception of life. I love it