The Evangelical Universalist Forum

JRP's review of "Love Wins" is on the way! (Eventually...)

In case anyone was wondering where I’ve been for the past week or so: I’ve been off-site working on various projects, some of which are EU related, and one of which is finally doing a review/commentary of Rob Bell’s Love Wins.

I was hoping to be done with it in time to post tomorrow (Sunday May 8), but I’m a little doubtful now I’ll make that deadline. I will certainly be plugging away on it more today, though.

Anyway, you can expect something rather different from the typical reviews so far, pro or con.

DIFFERENT HOW?

Well for one thing I’ll be presenting it in FAQ-style format, except I’ll be using the informal pseudo-FAQ style popular among internet authors when they’re trying to–

WHAT?! WHAT DOES THAT JIBBER-JABBER EVEN MEAN!? *AND WHY AM I TALKING IN ALL CAPS!!?
That’s the style. :slight_smile:

Also, I’m going to be somewhat more… ambivalent about the book than other universalistic reviews you may have seen.

DOES “AMBIVALENT” MEAN WE’LL FEEL DROWSY READING YOUR MEANDERING BLATHER LIKE WE TOOK A BUNCH OF AMBIEN?

Hopefully not. Er, I mean, no.

DOES “AMBIVALENT” MEAN YOU AREN’T GOING TO PRAISE THIS BOOK TO HEAVEN AS IF IT WAS MADE OF SLICED BREAD? OR WORDS TO THAT EFFECT?

Aye, verily!

…DOES THAT MEAN “YES”?

Aye, veri-!

ALLLLL RIGHT WHATEVER…

(I’m doing this today instead of going to see Thor on its opening weekend. Despite the fact I badly want to do so. :mrgreen: )

:laughing: I look forward to reading it :sunglasses:

w00t w00t!

I need to get my reviews on, too. Both Bell and Talbott’s books. :mrgreen: