The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Judgment Day Is Over

It happened in 70 A.D. in my view. People in Biblical times that hardened their hearts against God were judged after committing the eternal sin and will be tormented forever in their hatred towards God and His children. The new heavens and earth started in 70 A.D. but it hasn’t reached it’s full consummation yet. But we do see improvement from the world of Biblical times. There are exceptions or steps back in progress (like Hitler) but the overall picture is one of improvement. We live in a different world since Biblical times and the coming judgment in 70 A.D. We have not reached the full consummation of the new heaven and earth but the Bible states that it will happen. There’s even a scripture that speaks of death in the new heavens and earth at a particular stage in it’s development. Granted we haven’t reached this stage yet but the new heavens and earth will contain death until it’s final consummation as described in Revelation.

Isaiah 65:17-25

New Heavens and a New Earth

“See, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind.

But be glad and rejoice forever
in what I will create,
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight
and its people a joy.

I will rejoice over Jerusalem
and take delight in my people;
the sound of weeping and of crying
will be heard in it no more.

“Never again will there be in it
an infant who lives but a few days,
or an old man who does not live out his years;
the one who dies at a hundred
will be thought a mere child;
the one who fails to reach a hundred
will be considered accursed.

Notice at this future stage in the new heavens and earth there’s still death.

Along with suffering, pain, illness, evil, etc…And perhaps a few zombies, thrown in for good measure. :slight_smile:

“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”-- Frank Zappa

But this poetic scripture, has caused me - to shift my priorities. I’m thinking of becoming a Rastafarian Rosicrucian.