The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Love has come

youtube.com/watch?v=EIIAf2lS … re=related

Have ya’ll heard this song? Wow!

This is sort of a dual post, responding to both this thread as well as the “Going Back” thread…

Listening to this song was a wonderful worship-filled few minutes for me this evening, so thankyou Nimblewill. I really enjoyed it.

Now that I have come to understand the Blessed Hope (UR), my worship has been sweeter, and more intense… never have I worshipped with such complete abandon before.

Prior to UR, my worship of God was certainly sincere. I wanted Him so badly, but there was always this dull ache deep inside, always a vague sense of dread and uncertainty.

I had prayed for so many people, had specifically prayed for their salvation, only to watch them die without Christ. My mind would anguish as I imagined them sufferring a horrific existence. I would grieve, knowing that after having had struggled in this life, they were now forever hopeless in eternity. I would come home from funerals and throw myself on my bed and wonder outloud, “Is this really good news?” What good news did I have to share with this grieving family? What was good news for me, was bad news for them. I wept many tears over this…

Yet now I can truly proclaim that God’s mercy endures forever. I am now able to understand God’s judgement and His purpose in it… (Ezekiel 39:28 - New International Version:) “Then they will know that I am the LORD their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind.”

I agree with Jason, that “Truth is more important than any preferences of mine, even if the truth involves ultimate hopelessness instead of victorious salvation.” But I would be truly heart-broken… No, I wouldn’t ever want to go back.

HSmom

If you could pick out 2 verses that you really think that support UR what would they be? After you give me those verses lets put them back in context to see what they are really saying. Fair enough?

God bless,
Aaron

I’ll play. First Timothy 4:10

1 Timothy 4:10 (New International Version)

10(and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

Hsmom

There is no getting around the truth in 2 Thess 1:8-9, no matter how UR tries to twist its meaning,.

8In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

God bless,
Aaron

What?..I thought you wanted to play? :astonished:

Numero Dos

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Now to play fair you must not insert anything into this verse.

Hi HSMom,
Thanks for sharing that–I can relate very much to what you have written!

Sonia

Nimble

I have already addressed Phil 2:10-11 and Col 1:20…or did you ignore my response because it did not line up with what you believe. Btw, this invitation was to HSmom…I have already addressed your scriptures without a response from you, nimble.

God bless,
Aaron

Great song! I finally had a chance to listen to it!
Thanks,
Sonia

I’ll PM you Aaron, so as to not get the thread off track. But in a nutshell, this would be my answer to you…

Remember that you can’t take 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 out of the context of the overall scope of the New Testament, where the authors also proclaim an all inclusive reconciliation of mankind (Romans 5:18, 11:32, 14:11, 1 Corinthians 15:22, 2 Corinthians 5:19, Ephesians 1:9-11, Philippians 2:10-11, Colossians 1:19-20, 1 Timothy 2:3-4 and 6, 4:9-11, Titus 2:11, 1 John 2:2, Revelation 5:13, and so many more). I dare to believe that both realities, destruction and restoration, are somehow true at the same time. This is only one example of two seemingly contradictory Biblical truths that must both be held in contention in order to remain true to the authority of Scripture.

I have some other thoughts as well and will include those in my private response to you. Looking forward to conversing with you again!

Hi Sonia! :smiley:

I owe you some correspondence, me thinks. Sorry that things have been kind of busy, as I know it has been for you as well. It’s a blessing to know that someone can relate to me around this discussion. Thanks!

I’ve thought about you often–haven’t seen you post lately–but I figured you must be busy too this time of year! Busy is an understatement right now–so what am I doing online?!–Bad me. I have goats waiting to be milked and the window guy coming to do some work in 1/2 an hour, and here I sit, not even dressed yet–LOL. Guess I better start moving.

Sonia

On this thread? I apologize, Please give me a link and I will respond. But you asked it on this thread so I did what you asked. I am confused. :blush: :open_mouth: :astonished:

Now you wouldn’t hijack a thread would you? :smiley:

Hsmom

May I ask, why do you think only 1% of Christianity believes in UR? Look forward to your answer.

God bless,
Aaron

In case you miss the other post.

Why do you think that only 1% of Christianity speak in tongues? Look forward to your answer.

Stay in One Peace

Mike