The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Matthew 7:21 never enter heaven?

Attached to what? Maybe the gods of Laban? Simeon and Levi seemed to have inherited the same
qualities as their grandfather. Do you think that the name Levi and Leviathan have something in common?

They were the idolaters. As Acts 7:40 says "And in their hearts they turned back to Egypt , saying to Aaron, ‘Make us gods to go before us; as for this Moses, we do not know what has become of him.’

As this verse that you pointed out says: all the firstborn are Mine. All the firstborn of Israel were sanctified to Him. The Levites were the firstborn of Egypt("And in their hearts they turned back to Egypt)), the portion reserved for the fire.

From what I understand, the people who follow God inherit all that belongs to Him, including His Holy Spirit and the priesthood. As Deut. 28:8-9 says: “The Lord will command blessings on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you and in the land which the Lord your God is giving you. The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you, if you keep His commandments.”

Let’s see. Did the Levites keep these commandments?

1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
  2. Do not murder.
    3.Love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
  3. You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself.

According to Deut. 29:21 those who disobey are “separated from all the tribes of Israel for adversity, according to all the curses of the covenant.”

As I said before, one cannot argue with the truth. The Levitical priesthood and their Levitical law brought destruction. They received no inheritance or portion because there was nothing left to inherit.

Did God kill Adam when he ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

Davo to LLC!

But SURELY, LLC…you agree these texts, talk about the zombies…of the tribulation and Z-Hell (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)?

Rev. 20:5 ; Isaiah 26:19-20 ; Rev. 9:6 ; Ezekiel 37:3-5 ; Ecc.9:5-6 ; Daniel 12:2 ;

And here’s a GOOD article, to EDUCATE you.

I have been looking at this… We will talk soon.

Davo. I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase, " You reap what you sow."

As it is said, Abraham was the father of all who believe in Jesus’ words. To me, this means Abraham was a teacher of the Christian faith, as was Moses. “For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.”(1 Cor. 10:4).

MM, I look forward to it.:slightly_smiling_face:

What your position reaps on Scripture is carnage and contradiction… the Levitical Priesthood of the bible was exclusively dedicated to the worship and service of no one else but Yahweh alone and NOT any multiplicity of gods as you falsely claim — you are just plain WRONG and all reading along who know their bibles also KNOW you are just plain WRONG!

1 Like

Davo to LLC!

We need a video, to emphasize this message!

Again, as Hebrews 7:11 says, 'Therefore if perfection ( the Law of God-Psalm 19:7 “The Law of the Lord is perfect-reviving the soul.”) were through the Levitical priesthood ( for under it the people received the (Levitical ) law), what further need was there that another priest should arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and NOT be called according to the order of Aaron?"

Here’s what Jesus Himself said of their law: Mark7:7, Matt.15:9 "They worship me in vain; they teach as doctrines the commandments of men."

Isaiah 29:13 "Their worship of Me is but rules taught by men."
Colossians 2:22 -23 “These will all perish with use, **because they are based on human commands and teachings.**These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in **self-imposed religion, false humility and neglect of the body but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.”

If they were exclusively dedicated to the worship and service of God as you suggest, then one would think they’d have recognized Jesus.

HFPZ, We can always count on you to throw in some humor.:grinning:

Yes AND!? Perfection wasn’t the goal… but that aside THIS verse says nothing to confirm your false claim that the Levitical priesthood worshiped false gods.

The “THEY” Jesus chastised were NOT the Levite priests… THEY were the Pharisees and scribes as per Mk 7:1, 5, 8b and Mt 15:1, 12. Just another of your UNSUBSTANTIATED examples where you twist the text to seek and tie the Levites to your false claim that they worshiped false gods.

It’s way more than what I “suggest” — it IS what the biblical text plainly and CLEARLY states… as I’ve already quoted in previous posts, but which you simply deny and ignore in favour of your own false claim that the Levitical priesthood worshipped after many false gods — ONLY this claim of yours proves to be false — you’re NOT fooling anyone else here!

Davo to LLC

LLC: So I can “see”: your claim VERIFIED. Can you provide a web URL…with an article to someone in authority…showing that you claim is correct? Rather than just your “spin”, on select scriptural verses?

Yes, perfection was the goal.
Matt. 5:48 'Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly father is perfect."
2 Cor.7:1 " Therfore having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."
1John 2:5 “but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has been truly perfected."
Philippians 3:15 " Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal it to you.”
John 17:23 “I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity."
James 1:4 " And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”

These Pharisees and scribes you speak of were following the Levitical law, which was the teaching of the Levitical priesthood.

As Acts 7:37:43 says Moses gave them the living oracles ( “For they drank of the spiritual Rock that followed them and that Rock was Christ.”) However, the Levites rejected Moses "and in their hearts they turned back to Egypt, saying to Aaron ‘Make us gods to go before us.’ “Then God turned and gave them up to worship the host of heaven.”

Ezekial 20:18 “But I said to their children in the wilderness, ’ Do not walk in the statutes of your fathers, nor observe their judgments, nor defile yourselves with their idols. I am the Lord your God; Walk in My statutes, keep My judgments and do them.”

They continued to worship their false gods through the works of their own hands which was the Levitical law.

Those who followed the Levitical law rejected the words of Jesus and murdered Him. Jesus was NOT their authority, the Levitical law was, what more is there to say?

Since we are “discussing” Levitical law …let me share what the non-denominational site - Got Questions - has to say:

If I were a betting man…I could say with 90% certainity…that LLC would disagree with them.

Then we have the CARM article (AKA Calvinist Matt Slick)

Why do we follow some Levitical laws and not others regarding things like homosexuality and eating shellfish?

Here’s a quote, that got my attention:

We do not follow all the Levitical laws in the Old Testament because some of those laws were intended only for Israel, while others were for everyone. For example, atonement for unintentional sins was meant for Israel (Lev. 4:2), where not committing adultery was intended for everyone (Lev. 18:20; 20:10).

Again, it seems you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God… the Levites assisted in the practical outworking of Israel’s atonement!

Sorry… but just doing a word-search on “perfection” (with NILL reference to the Levites) just doesn’t cut the mustard.

And yet from you again… NO scriptural reference of said “Levitical priesthood” following and worshipping a plethora of false gods — will you put up or shut up :question:

This above was collective Israel (Ex 32:1, 7-9), which ok, was technically inclusive of the tribe of Levi, BUT… when challenged to serve the way of Yahweh or idolatry OR NOT the Levites en masse sided with Moses (Ex 32:26-29) and in doing so proved their allegiance to Yahweh; for which HE DULY APPOINTED THEM AS EXCLUSIVELY HIS and as such consecrated them to be HIS priests. It’s ALL THERE in the texts I’ve previously given, plus others I haven’t.

IF only you READ the whole chapter enabling you to grasp some context… the idols of defilement was NOT the Levitical law as to again wrongly claim, NO, all such was relative to EGYPT out of which Israel had been delivered, but of which in rebellion they sought to return. The likes of Ezek 20:225-26 was fully idolatrous and had NOTHING, repeat NOTHING to do with Levitical law.

PS: LLC… I’m done wasting time on such unsubstantiated foolishness. :roll_eyes:

And this proved their allegiance to God?

From what I recall God said this:

Obviously they didn’t change. They were just like their fathers Simeon and Levi -murderers and liars. And they murdered Jesus as well.

The Levites were given no portion or inheritance with the children of Israel.
The children of Israel are those who obey God. He is their God and they are His people-holy. Those who do not obey God are not the children of Israel. They are children who follow other gods.

Read the Levitical law.

And you would have definitely won the bet!:grinning:

I suppose if being in perfect union with God in order to receive the inheritance was not the goal, then there would have been no need for Jesus to come and teach them the truth. He could have just let them continue to believe in the false teachings of their leaders.

LLC… your quotes of me are the only portions of your posts that make any sense — you’ll do no better than refer yourself back to them to gain any semblance of sanity.

Davo, I don’t see what’s so difficult to understand.
The prerequisite for being a child of Abraham/Israel was that your heart be circumcised and you obey God( the words of Christ). In other words you are “born of the Spirit.” This is the way it was and still is today.

Moses gave no portion or inheritance to the Levites-NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH, ZERO, ZIP that means NOT EVEN THE PRIESTHOOD-because they were NOT the children of Israel. They worshipped other gods.

If the Levites were murdering their neighbors, brothers and companions, they were obviously NOT HOLY according to the Laws of the God of Israel. They made themselves holy according to their own laws( the Levitical law), took over the priesthood and persecuted those who were born of the Spirit(Galatians 4:21-31).

Circumcising the male genitals
Eating certain foods
Washing yourself in literal water
Burning incense
Sacrificing animals
Celebrating the New Moon
Reciting every verse in the Bible
Putting ashes on your head
Prostrating yourself
etc.etc.etc.
None of these things make you holy. What makes you holy is being holy. “Be holy as I am holy.”
Don’t lie
Don’t cheat
Don’t murder
Don’t steal
Love God, love others as you love yourself, and all the things that correspond to this.

Burning incense does not ma

If you are indicating that Moses judged the Levites as unworthy (because of their violence), then what about Moses himself? He was also a Levite, and directed them to execute about 3,000 out of control worshipers of the golden calf:

Exodus 32:25-27
25 And when Moses saw that the people had broken loose (for Aaron had let them break loose, to the derision of their enemies),
26 then Moses stood in the gate of the camp and said, “Who is on the Lord’s side? Come to me.” And all the sons of Levi gathered around him.
27 And he said to them, “Thus says the Lord God of Israel, ‘Put your sword on your side each of you, and go to and fro from gate to gate throughout the camp, and each of you kill his brother and his companion and his neighbor.’”

Hermano, As I mentioned before, I don’t think the books of Moses were written by one author, but are a combination of different writers. This plus the age of the documents, language barriers, etc. makes it somewhat difficult to try to piece together what actually happened. That being said, to me, the Levites seem to have been a problem from the start, always rebellious. I don’t see them suddenly being the ONLY ones rushing to his aid. This sounds odd. For example, in Numbers chapter 15, Korah rebels against Moses’ authority starting a battle that killed 14,700 people.

Here’s both a Catholic and a Jewish perspective:

Catholic answers: Who Wrote the Books of Moses?

Quora: How many books did Moses write?

So we have some Catholic, Wiki contributors and Jewish - scholarly perspectives. NOT:

• I THINK this is who - or what - Moses wrote.

• Or this is what Moses wrote, based upon these Biblical verses

• Etc.

There are scholarly presentations - with footnotes.

I’m still trying to figure out, who wrote the book of love!