Morally Sufficient and Justifiable Reasons for Hell

As long as God has morally sufficient and justifiable reasons for hell then it’s not unjust for it to exist. He does nothing wrong in allowing it. Those in the state of hell would have their hearts separated from all mercy as Christ says depart from me. As a result their hearts harden. They would loathe God and His children. They don’t want Him. If they don’t want to love God they don’t have to. But God is never obligated to give someone who hates Him and His children and don’t want to have anything to do with Him the gift of grace. The longer one is in hell the more wicked they become and the more just the punishment would be. What God is mainly doing by keeping evil God haters out of the new creation is protecting His holy children from the contamination and harm of evil. Even those in hell would be protected from harm. God is love and love protects. Justice is to protect and serve. Therefore, the kind of torment is the kind that would be calibrated just right to restrain the wicked from harming each other in hell. God therefore has morally sufficient and justifiable reasons for hell. In all likelihood there are infinitely many more reasons seeing that God is infinite in wisdom in knowledge and logical explanations are infinite in number. I trust God’s love and infinite wisdom and knowledge to run things.

This is such a weak argument. It’s basically relativism.

holly tree, I no longer believe as you do about hell. My understanding now is that people who die without receiving Christ and his gift of Life, simply continue under the dominion of Satan—just as they were when they were still alive. However, being no longer physically mobile, hell-Hades-Gehenna becomes the new location for their lost souls. There they remain to await judgment, but I don’t think God is punishing or tormenting people in hell. I don’t think God is angry or disappointed with people in hell.

Eventually, hell and its residents, along with Death (the enemy of God, 1 Cor. 15:26), will be cast into the lake of fire (Rev. 20:14), into the healing presence of God, who, as a consuming fire of love, will, step by patient step, free unbelievers from their bondage to lies and death, and lead them all to repentance and life.

All of us currently exist in a temporal classroom, which I would argue includes the lower heavens, earth, hell, and the lake of fire (originally prepared for the devil and his angels, Mt. 25:41). But we will all graduate together into timeless eternity (se, e.g., 1 Cor. 15:22-28, “then comes the end”) —after the last resident of the lake of fire (presumably the hardest case, Lucifer), repents and chooses to enter into the City whose gates are always open (Rev. 21:25), to take the water of life freely offered within (Rev. 22:17).

As I said elsewhere,

The doctrine of Hell might just be a test God uses to draw out and identify the hateful spiteful religious people who have no love for anyone. Maybe those who relish the idea of burning people in hell forever will need the temporary remedial furnace to burn the self righteousness out of thier hearts before they can be allowed to go to heaven? I mean as long as we are just dreaming up theories with no biblical foundation, theres mine.

There are a goodly number here believing JUST THAT — and I think you’re right… dreamt up theories with no biblical foundation.