The Evangelical Universalist Forum

My EU Update and / Any fellow Minnesotans here?

Does anyone here live in the Twin Cities, MN. region?

I haven’t chimed in much since I joined a few months ago. Seems like most of my questions are usually addressed in one thread or another so I don’t really bother posting. I’m still trying to work the EU paradigm into my Bible reading, which has been difficult. Old habits die hard, I guess.

I’ve spoken with my pastor and one of our elders about my research and they haven’t roasted me over green wood yet. Then again, I am careful to state that “I am considering EU as being every bit as plausible as ECT”, which I guess is the truth. I don’t know that I’ll be able to definitively say this is what the Bible teaches. I suppose I could go a step further and say “I am now certain that EU is as plausible as ECT”. I feel hesitant to join in any Bible studies right now. A lot of folks think of me as a rock-ribbed Calvinist and all of a sudden I have become very quiet. I guess I just need to let it all hang out and let the cards fall where they may.

I appreciate the great discussions on this board.

thanks,

Rick

A great phrase. :slight_smile:

Don’t go quiet. Tell everyone that God is sovereign; God is love; his grace is irresistable; he infallibly saves his elect; he finds no pleasure in the death of the wicked; and he desires that none should perish.

Let people join the dots.