The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Ok, so... what does Evangelical Universalism mean?

What separates Evangelical Universalism from other Christian denominations (or doctrines)? Does Evangelical Universalism mean that nobody goes to hell and everyone will be saved, but in different stages according to the number of sins they’ve committed? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Is Evangelical Universalism accepted by the mainstream Christian denominations?

What separates Evangelical Universalism from other Christian denominations (or doctrines)?

I would say it’s a particular theological doctrine…that had it’s roots, in church fathers like Origen. Most others would embrace, some particular doctrine of eternal hell or annihilation.

Evangelical Universalism mean that nobody goes to hell and everyone will be saved, but in different stages according to the number of sins they’ve committed?

Many who embrace it (I’m a hopeful universalist, by the way)…look at some form of purification. Although there are views here - like Pantelism - that has a radically different take on things.

Is Evangelical Universalism accepted by the mainstream Christian denominations?

No, not really. But there are a few scattered churches (althought smalll), that embrace it.

I’ll let others chime in, with additional commentary.