The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Opening up a can of worms

So for the sake of finding Truth, I’m going to open up a can of worms.

We often say Jesus is God, however what if that is incorrect.

1 James 1:13 says “13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.”

Matthew 4:1 “Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.”

Just as simple as that, however I would like to get some other views on the topic. Thoughts?

mik - that can of worms has been long opened and they are still wriggling. I think the Christology category in this forum has a number of threads devoted to this subject. You may find that contributing to one of those threads will liven up the subject a bit.
Or not; it’s up to you!!
Dave

Here’s one: Is Jesus God or What?
Another: Did Christ Pre-exist?
One more: Jesus' divinity from 3 synoptic texts

Anyway, you will see what direction the thinking has taken us, and hopefully you can contribute something.

1 Like

Thanks Dave,

Didn’t realise those were posts - I will for sure put my 2 cents in!

We know God cannot sin or be tempted. If Jesus is God, then that means he could not, and was NOT, tempted, AND that means he could not have sinned anyway making the cross a hoax and Jesus a fraud.

Jesus also said that blasphemy against him would be forgiven, but blasphemy against the holy spirit would NOT be forgiven. IF they are the same person as the Trinity doctrine teaches, then blasphemy against one would be blasphemy against the other.

The trinity doctrine is a can of worms full of holes.