The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Perfect Rectitude

Perfect=

Brought to consummation or completeness; completed.

Not defective nor redundant.

Having all the properties or qualities requisite to its nature and kind;

Without flaw, fault, or blemish;

Without error; mature; whole; pure; sound; right; correct.

A complete and satisfactory close in harmony.

A tense which expresses an act or state completed.

To make perfect; to finish or complete, so as to leave nothing wanting; to give to anything all that is requisite to its nature and kind.

Rectitude=

Straightness.

Rightness of principle or practice.

Exact conformity to truth by Divine laws.

Uprightness of mind.

Uprightness/ integrity/ honesty/ justice.

Right judgment.

Assured probity.

High ideal.

Incorruptibility.

Pure/stainless/unimpeachable/worthy.

"The whole of created life shall be delivered/set free/ emancipated…"

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?

Romans Chapter 5 - Weymouth New Testament]

(http://www.htmlbible.com/weymouth_nt/B45C005.htm)

Rotherham Emphasized

Romans 5 Having, therefore, been declared righteous by faith, let us have, peace, towards God, through our Lord Jesus Christ,—

Jonathan Mitchell N.T.

::Jonathan Mitchell’s New Testament Translation::

James Moffatt

Romans 5 As we are justified by faith, then, let us enjoy the peace we have with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Twenthieth Century N.T.

Romans 5 Therefore, having been pronounced righteous as the result of faith, let us enjoy peace with God through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

English Standard Version

Romans 5 - NIV Bible - Therefore, since we have been justified through…

Young’s Literal

The Message

Compare

Bible Verses by Comparison, Read Verses Using All Translations Side by Side

Romans 5:18 - Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.

Many= koine polus.

The equation is equal on both sides of the equation.

"The polus are “made sinners” in Adam1.

The polus are “made righteous” in the Last Adam, the Lord Jesus Christ.

“That IN the Name of Jesus every knee shall bow and tongue shall confess He is Lord to the glory of God the Father”

Every knee

Every tongue

Every dimension

Heavens & earth & underworld.

That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow ( ina en twi onomati Ihsou pan gonu kampsh ). First aorist active subjunctive of kamptw , old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with ina . Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. This universal homage to Jesus is seen in Romans 8:22 ;Ephesians 1:20-22 and in particular Revelation 5:13 . Under the earth ( katacqoniwn ). Homeric adjective for departed souls, subterranean, simply the dead. Here only in the N.T. -F.W. Robertson Word Pictures

Antiphonal Worship

You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
And have made us kings and priests to our God;
And we shall reign on the earth.”

Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice:

“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
To receive power and riches and wisdom,
And strength and honor and glory and blessing!”

And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

"Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

Then the four living creatures said, “Amen!” And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshipped Him who lives forever and ever.

Rev. 5.13

F.W. Robertson Word Pictures of the N.T.=

Every created thing (pan ktisma).

Every creature in a still wider antiphonal circle beyond the circle of angels (from ktizw, for which see 1 Timothy 4:4 ; James 1:18 ), from all the four great fields of life (in heaven, upon the earth, under the earth as in verse James 3 , with on the sea epi th qalassh added).

No created thing is left out.

This universal chorus of praise to Christ from all created life reminds one of the profound mystical passage in Romans 8:20-22 concerning the sympathetic agony of creation (ktisi) in hope of freedom from the bondage of corruption.

If the trail of the serpent is on all creation, it will be ultimately thrown off.

Saying (legonta). Masculine (construction according to sense, personifying the created things) if genuine, though some MSS. have legonta (grammatical gender agreeing with panta) present active participle of legw, to say. And to the Lamb (kai twi arniwi). Dative case. Praise and worship are rendered to the Lamb precisely as to God on the throne.

Note separate articles here in the doxology as in Romans 4:11 and the addition of to krato (active power) in place of iscu (reserve of strength) in Romans 5:12 .

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?

Paliggenesia=

https://biblehub.com/greek/3824.htm

Katallaso=

To reunite those at variance.

To return to favour/ reunite into favour.

Apokatallasso=

1. to reconcile completely

2. to reconcile back again

3. bring back a former state of harmony.

“…everything of God finds its proper place in him without crowding. Not only that, but all the broken and dislocated pieces of the universe - people and things, animals and atoms - get properly fixed and fit together in vibrant harmonies, all because of his death, his blood that poured down from the Cross”

“Judgment without mercy”=

“For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.”

Justice -George MacDonald-

Unspoken Sermons by George MacDonald: Justice

“Also unto You, O Lord, belongs mercy; for You render to every man according to his work.”

Some of the translators make it kindness and goodness; but I presume there is no real difference among them as to the character of the word which here, in the English Bible, is translated mercy.

The religious mind, however, educated upon the theories yet prevailing in the so-called religious world, must here recognize a departure from the presentation to which they have been accustomed: to make the psalm speak according to prevalent theoretic modes, the verse would have to be changed thus:–

To You, O Lord, belongs justice, for You render to every man according to his work.

Please Note

1. ALL Gentiles.

2. ALL Israel.

3. ALL mankind.

Israel=

• A beautiful woman (full of promise).

• Eagerly entered into marriage with God.

• Vowing unto Him as she entered (all will we do & be obedient).

• Was NOT a faithful wife (did not behave as a faithful wife).

• She was disobedient.

• She became worse than a common street harlot.

YET>>>YET>>>YET>>>

Simeon has declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build againthe ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who does all these things."

“Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.”

The Father has a complete guarantee with His handiwork (the Plan of all plans). All possible defects have been thoroughly examined & found to be defect free. In short, it is a perfect product completely ready for the creation He has made.

He prides himself on setting right each and every product He has made!

To be clear - do you mean He WILL setting things right or that He has already done that?

Dear Dave: To be clear, the Plan is in place, totally free from defect and ready for market. With that clearly said (I think), the complete package is NOT fully implemented, with a small remnant of the “especially” the first installment >>>

Of the dispensation of the fullness of times.

When the complete installment process will be finished/ complete.

I agree. I just feel like it’s important to keep the ‘now-not yet’ principle clearly in mind to avoid certain excesses. Not saying that you go to excess!

1 Like

…The God-as-Judge viewpoint does not present a biblical picture of what divine justice is about at all, but is a legalistic perspective that comes from human culture.

Biblically, to “bring justice” does not mean to bring punishment, but to bring healing and reconciliation. Justice means to make things right. Throughout the Prophets justice is associated with caring for others, as something that is not in conflict with mercy, but rather an expression of it. Divine justice is God’s saving action at work for all that are oppressed, as the following verses demonstrate:

Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow (Isaiah 1:17). Note what happens when one does right by seeking justice. The oppressed are encouraged and the helpless are helped.

This is what the LORD says:

"`Administer justice every morning; rescue from the hand of his oppressor the one who has been robbed (Jeremiah 21:12). Justice is done when the oppressed is rescued.

This is what the LORD Almighty says: `Administer true justice: show mercy and compassion to one another (Zechariah 7:9). How does one administer true justice? By showing mercy and compassion to everybody involved.

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice (Isaiah 30:18). What is the reason our Lord wants to be gracious to us? Because He is just.

If we want to understand the concept of justice as the writers of the Old Testament did, then we must see it as a “setting things right again.”

There is no conflict between God’s justice and His mercy. They both flow from His love…

-Steve McVey-

THE CORRECTIVE JUDGMENTS OF GOD

0 Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in Thine anger, lest Thou bring me to nothing (lest Thou diminish me)." [Jeremiah 10:24].

The Hebrew word for “correct” is “yasar,” and has also been translated as- TO INSTRUCT, TO CHASTEN, BE TAUGHT, BE REFORMED, etc. While the Greek word is “paideuo” and includes the thought of CHILD-TRAINING, involving the whole process of discipline which girds us up to the right way.

The admonition for spiritual growth is always before us, “GROW in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.” [2 Peter 3:18]. To grow in grace requires that we pass through all of those processes whereby the works of the flesh are stripped off, and we cease to follow our own self-centered will, and become conformed to HIS WILL. Thus we see God often has to use corrective measures to bring us to the place where it is “no more I, but Christ liveth in me.” [Galatians 2:20].

Jeremiah realized this need for development, and He also realized that “the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.” [Jeremiah 10 :23], and so he made his request, “CORRECT ME, BUT WITH JUDGMENT.” What a prayer! “Lord, gird me up, bring me into aright standing with Thee, instruct me in the way that I should go, USING YOUR BLESSED JUDGMENTS to accomplish the purpose. Not with anger, that would surely diminish me, but if You use Your judgments, it shall work good in me.” Ah, what a revelation concerning the judgments of our God.

Man has long viewed God’s judgments as a vindictive action prompted by a motive for revenge and supported by a tumultuous wrath that must be pacified. NOT SO! Such is a gross caricature of our God! His mercy and grace are super-abundant, and though He finds it necessary to chasten, His wisdom and righteousness produce a just and pure chastisement conditioned to correct the situation, and thus bring forth a creature improved by the process.

ALL OF GOD’S JUDGMENTS ARE CORRECTIVE IN NATURE, motivated by His love, and used to work out a divine purpose, into our good, and His praise!

Proverbs 3:11-12

One of the things that needs to be considered is that to speak of the chastening and correction of the Lord does not necessarily mean receiving a whipping. Remember, the main goal in view is that of vital INSTRUCTION, that we might learn to walk in the way that is pleasing to the Lord. God is not in the process of continually spanking His children just for the sake of spanking them. God uses these various methods of discipline TO TEACH US, INSTRUCT US, that we might grow up into spiritual maturity, conformed to His will, being partakers of His divine nature. It is a constant demonstration of His love, to know that He is vitally concerned with us, that He would give us this individual attention, and shapen our lives to His own image.

Despise not…" this word “despise” comes from the Hebrew word “maas” meaning, to loathe, despise, reject. How often have men rejected the instruction of the Lord, and found to their sorrow that they should have hearkened to Him.

Jeremiah has often been called “the weeping prophet” because of the tears which he shed for his people. What sorrow of heart he must have felt because of their rebellious condition, and how often the word of the Lord came to him, “In vain have I smitten your children; they received no correction.” [Jeremiah 2:30]. “They have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return.” [Jeremiah 5:3]. “This is a nation that obeyeth not the voice of the Lord their God, nor receiveth correction: truth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth.” [Jeremiah 7:28]. What an indictment!

Matthew 11:29-30

There’s no rest in thy confusion,
Good and evil, gold and dross,
But the twain for thee are parted,
Separated at the cross.

In the blessed girding up of our Lord, though it requires a stripping of things the self-life holds dear, in due time we shall discover we have but lost the weight of earthly burdens, and they are no loss at all–we are simply freed to enter into a higher realm, into HIS rest and peace.

Not only do the judgments of God bring rest unto our own soul, but there is another side to this, when we read, “Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul.” [Proverbs 29:17]. There is no doubt that we all have experienced seeing those children who torment and pester their parents, causing them much grief with their rebellion and self will. Finally when the parent has endured all he can take, or at least realizes that this has gone on long enough, he steps in with discipline, and all is quieted. The child learns a lesson; and the parent has rest. -Ray Prinzing-

"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous." -Romans 5:18-

Made sinners= ginomai hamartolos

Made righteous= ginomai dikaios

Made=

To become/ became/ are become

Constituted

Sinners=

One who misses the mark.

The fallen condition of ALL mankind.

Righteous=

Signifies just by the judgement of God.

Of His ways & character.

Many constituted sinners= many constituted righteous

https://biblehub.com/greek/4183.htm

“This, in a nutshell, is that will: that everything handed over to me by the Father be completed - not a single detail missed - and at the wrap-up of time I have everything and everyone put together, upright and whole.”

Perfect=

Brought to consummation or completeness; completed.

Not defective nor redundant.

Having all the properties or qualities requisite to its nature and kind;

Without flaw, fault, or blemish;

Without error; mature; whole; pure; sound; right; correct.

A complete and satisfactory close in harmony.

A tense which expresses an act or state completed.

To make perfect; to finish or complete, so as to leave nothing wanting; to give to anything all that is requisite to its nature and kind.

Rectitude=

Straightness.

Rightness of principle or practice.

Exact conformity to truth by Divine laws.

Uprightness of mind.

Uprightness/ integrity/ honesty/ justice.

Right judgment.

Assured probity.

High ideal.

Incorruptibility.

Pure/stainless/unimpeachable/worthy.

"Made sinners" =

kathistēmi hamartōlos

"Made righteous" =

kathistēmi dikaios

“For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.”

Salvation is an on-going experience in our Glorious Father in the past, present & future tenses. He calls it salvation, at-one-ment, change & transformation of the whole broken man (Adam1). The Last Adam meets the entire broken mass of mankind in the despair of Adam, with the “all the more” of His prevailing answer!

Adam1 = the many/polus “made sinners” >>>>Last Adam = the many/polus “made righteous”.

This is the God equation, equal on both sides with “all the more” dominating in the Saviour of the all, the Lord Jesus Christ!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c…ature=emb_logo