The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Quote for today

“He who blames others has a long way to go on his journey. He who blames himself is halfway there. He who blames no one has arrived.”-- Chinese Proverb

I rejoice in Christ’s definite atonement for me. I can find no joy in an atonement that was
equally offered for those who are presently in hell. Such a general “atonement” that doesn’t
always atone terrifies the wits out of me and could never provide me with a moment of joy.
But knowing that Christ had me specifically on His mind and in His heart when He was living,
suffering, dying, and rising again – that’s enough to give me immeasurable joy. Definite
atonement means definite joy. - Dr. David Murray

"You cannot force someone to comprehend a message that they are not ready to receive. Still, you must never underestimate the power of planting a seed."-- Author Unknown

1 Like

“Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was.” -Dag Hammarskjold-

quote-wall-art_449-1

1 Like

“God does not die on the day when we cease to believe in a personal deity, but we die on the day when our lives cease to be illumined by the steady radiance, renewed daily, of a wonder, the source of which is beyond all reason.” -Dag Hammarskjold

1 Like

“Good ideas are always crazy until they’re not.”-- Ashlee Vance

A good example, illustrating this quote…is my idea that Z-Hell ( 1, 2, 3)…is the most probable, end-times tribulation scenario. Perhaps we need a video, to emphasize this quote idea?

“In the Christian story God descends to reascend. He comes down;… down to the very roots and sea-bed of the Nature He has created. But He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him”. -C.S. Lewis-

“Maturity includes the recognition that no one is going to see anything in us that we don’t see in ourselves. Stop waiting for a producer. Produce yourself.”-- Marianne Williamson

“A gentleman is someone who knows how to play the banjo and doesn’t.”-- Mark Twain

Avoid words of complaining. Even if things are not up to your expectations, try to create positive vibrations with your presence and good words. What is the use of complaining, you are here to add positive vibrations, not to intensify the existing negative situations of life. Be the positive force; stand firm with conviction that love alone is the invincible power on earth. Be the harbinger of love and peace.
Light more light!
~~Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

That is a truly funny, out-of-one’s-nose coffee-on-the-monitor funny.
Don’t ask me how I know…

“Self-care is a deliberate choice to gift yourself with people, places, things, events, and opportunities that recharge our personal battery and promote whole health – body, mind, and spirit.”-- Laurie Buchanan

Ps. 86:9,10 “All the nations - and you made each one - will come and bow before you, Lord, and praise your great and holy name. For you are great, and do great miracles. You alone are God.” (TLB)

What are you practicing? Worrying, anxiety, fear, negativity? Tathastu! That shall be. You shall have that which you practice everyday and repeat unconsciously. Practice patience, integrity, character, love, forgiveness, kindness. Tathastu! That shall be. You shall have what you practice everyday!
Love and light!

"The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent."

– Sam Levenson

“Prayer requires more of the heart than of the tongue.” -Adam Clarke-

“Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth.”-- Chuck Norris

“I love these random memories that make me smile, no matter what is going on in my life” - unknown author

We all have an insatiable hunger for attention from our very birth. We do so much to receive it. We go into depression without it! When will we learn to pay kind attention to every little thing we do or think or share in our mundane repetitive mechanical life? Paying kind attention is mindfulness and that alone can transform our lives from monotony to moment to moment celebration.
Don’t jump to your next task once you read this; stop, be in the moment, breathe, feel life in its essence, then move!

“Success comes in a lot of ways, but it doesn’t come with money and it doesn’t come with fame. It comes from having a meaning in your life, doing what you love and being passionate about what you do. That’s having a life of success. When you have the ability to do what you love, love what you do and have the ability to impact people. That’s having a life of success. That’s what having a life of meaning is.”

– Tim Tebow

“God’s care for us is more watchful and more tender than the care of any human father could possibly be.” -Hannah Whitall Smith-

“Put together all the tenderest love you know of, multiply it by infinity, and you will begin to see glimpses of the love and grace of God.” -Hannah Whitall Smith-

<It’s not always tender. Just sayin’> :sunglasses: