The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Quote for today

“We cannot exercise our faith beyond what we believe to be possible.” -John G. Lake-

“Let’s teach our daughters it’s not about being beautiful. Teach them to be bold. Be silly. Be strong. Be confident. Be independent and intelligent. Be brave and be fierce. Be real, in a world full of fake. Let’s redefine beauty.”-- Pooja Pawar

So it IS about being beautiful, a redefined beautiful.

“God changes caterpillars into butterflies, sand into pearls and coal into diamonds using time and pressure. He’s working on you too.” -Rick Warren-

“Staying positive doesn’t mean you have to be happy all the time. It means that even on hard days you know that there are better ones coming.”-- Author Unknown

When God’s power shines through us, it manifests as truth, auspiciousness, and beauty. When God manifests through the intellect, truth shines forth. When God manifests through action, He does so as goodness and auspiciousness. And when God manifests through the heart, beauty is the result. When truth, auspiciousness, and beauty blend in our life, true strength awakens. ~Amma

"If you want to know what God the Father is like, what He is really like: Just look at Jesus. If you want to know what the Father’s attitude about sinners, including you, really is, read the parable of the prodigal son. If you want to know what God’s character is like, observe Jesus forgiving those who beat, tortured, and murdered Him. If you want to know what the Father does when we fall short of being the best example of Him toward others watch Jesus as He weeps over Jerusalem because they refused the peace He brought to them.

If you want to know what the Father is like watch as Jesus washes our feet even as we betray Him." -Wardendresden-

2 Likes

“If you want God to bless you and use you greatly, you must be willing to walk with a limp the rest of your life, because God uses weak people.” - Rick Warren-

“God must be accomplishing a design invariable and without the shadow of turning, the design to save every one of us everlastingly.” –Florence Nightingale

“God will seek us – how long? Until he finds us. And when he’s found the last little shriveling rebellious soul and has depopulated hell, then death will be swallowed up in victory, and Christ will turn over all things to the Father that he may be all and in all. Then every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”-Clarence Jordan - (founder of Koinonia Community, author of “Cotton Patch Gospel)

I trust that in Jesus Christ shall “all the families of the earth be blessed,” by being yet connected together in a better world, where every tie that bound heart to heart in this state of existence shall be far beyond our present conception, more enduring. –Robert Burns, 1789

“The restoration of the whole human race to purity and happiness.” This benevolent doctrine—which not only goes far as to solve the great problem of moral and physical evil, but which would, if received more generally, tend to soften the spirit of uncharitableness, so fatally prevalent among Christian sects—was maintained by that great light of the early church, Origen, and has not wanted supporters among more modern theologians." –Thomas Moore 1779-1852

“The Holy Spirit establishes the righteousness of heaven in the midst of the unrighteousness of earth, and will not stop or stay until all that is dead has been brought back to life and a new world has come into being.”–Karl Barth

If you want the full and eternal truth, you have to go back to foundational beginnings. Are hell and sin and God’s judgments anywhere in Genesis 1 or 2? No. They aren’t there. God did not intend for them to be there. His intent was perfection. Thus I believe that such a foundation leads to the inescapable conclusion that perfection will again reign throughout the universe, and that sin (and hell) will ultimately be defeated. How else will God’s original intent ultimately be accomplished? –Michael Phillips

In each dispensation, God has a definite and different immediate purpose, all working toward the ultimate purpose of ridding the universe of all rebellion, so that all free moral agents will be willingly and eternally subject to God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost, as originally planned, with God all in all forever. --Finis Dake, “Notes on Genesis” in Dake’s Bible

“The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” -Samuel Johnson-

“Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.”-- Lao Tzu

“The life that is on a solid foundation is not just one that understands doctrine accurately, but is one that is joined to the Word Himself. It is not just knowing the Book of the Lord, but knowing the Lord of the Book.” ― Rick Joyner

Life is an opportunity. If you surrender to that part of mind which can only see what is outside and try to squeeze oil out of sand you lose the opportunity. If you invoke through prayer and meditation the other part which can, like a tortoise, move inward and feel the divine presence and realise the one and only purpose of this opportunity, you are free, fearless and fulfilled. You have arrived Home!
Hari Om Tat Sat!
~~Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

"Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put all together that overwhelm the world."-- Desmond Tutu

“True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.” - Rick Warren-

“The true way to be humble is not to stoop until you are smaller than yourself, but to stand at your real height against some higher nature that will show you what the real smallness of your greatness is.” -Phillips Brooks-

“They say a good love is one that sits you down, gives you a drink of water, and pats you on top of the head. But I say a good love is one that casts you into the wind, sets you ablaze, makes you burn through the skies and ignite the night like a phoenix; the kind that cuts you loose like a wildfire and you can’t stop running simply because you keep on burning everything that you touch! I say that’s a good love; one that burns and flies, and you run with it!” -― C. JoyBell C.

“The one thing that the Bible emphasizes more than us loving God and people is that God loves us. He loves us first and most. God isn’t in heaven plucking a daisy saying, “I love you” when you obey and “I love you not” when you sin.” --Brian Mavis-

1 Like

“Some people could be given an entire field of roses and only see the thorns in it. Others could be given a single weed and only see the wildflower in it. Perception is a key component to gratitude. And gratitude is a key component to joy.”-- Amy Weatherly

From St. Patrick’s Breastplate

Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

2 Likes

“God has mercy on us. He says ‘yes’ to us, he wills to be on our side, to be our God against all odds. Indeed against all odds, because we do not deserve this mercy, because, as we rightly suppose, he should say ‘no’ to us all. But he does not say ‘no’; he says ‘yes’. He is not against us; he is for us. This is God’s mercy.” -Karl Barth-

“May love and laughter light your days, and warm your heart and home. May good and faithful friends be yours, wherever you may roam. May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures. May all life’s passing seasons bring the best to you and yours!”-- Irish Blessing

A diplomat must always think twice before he says nothing. Irish proverb

Let me quote a bit. No disrespect met, to any Roman Catholics here:

Finally , I would be remiss not to notice the challenge Saint Patrick presents to our Protestant friends who are so interested in the early church fathers and the lives of the pre-schism saints. This interest is also based on the fact that these saints did not embrace Rome’s later innovations like forbidding priests to marry, Mary’s immaculate conception or her being co-redemptrix for our salvation, papal supremacy over all bishops, and papal infallibility.

The present brings negative situations and positive possibilities. The wise pick the positive and make the best use of the time at hand with a sense of humor, creating a brighter future. Others pick the negative and create a mess around it!
What is your choice? What gift do you have for you for today?
~~Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

“You are the CEO of your life. Hire, fire, and promote accordingly.”-- Author Unknown

“To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.” -Karl Barth-

“What happened on that day (of Easter) became, was and remained the centre around which everything else moves. For everything lasts its time, but the love of God - which was at work and was expressed in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead - lasts forever. Because this event took place, there is no reason to despair, and even when we read the newspaper with all its confusing and frightening news, there is every reason to hope.” -Karl Barth-

1 Like

“Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.”-- Walter Elliot