The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Quote for today

“God is not seeking a display of my Christ-likeness , but a manifestation of His Christ.” -Watchman Nee-

“God has foreordained the works to which He has called you. He has been ahead of you preparing the place to which you are coming and manipulating all the resources of the universe in order that the work you do may be a part of His whole great and gracious work.” -G. Campbell Morgan-

“Tip your server. Return your shopping cart. Pick up a piece of trash. Hold the door for the person behind you. Let someone into your lane. Small acts can have a ripple effect. That’s how we change the world.”-- Author Unknown

1 Like

“To live with God is to live always in the present, with him who is the eternal Now.” -John Robinson-

“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.”-- Robert Louis Stevenson

1 Like

“There is nothing impossible with God. All the impossibility is with us when we measure God by the limitations of our unbelief.” -Smith Wigglesworth-

“May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worms and spiderlings. Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards sun… And when they’re grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the ones.”

– Nicolette Sowder

Hey, I love dandelions and worms–dandelions because they make great salads and worms because they’re excellent early-season bait for trout. Spiderlings , , , ? Well, two out of three ain’t bad!

“Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.”-- Charlie Chaplin

(The day I understood the point below, was like light to the blind)

asinheaven
NT Wright

2 Likes

As long as you have your relationship with God is to have Him fix your problems and satisfy your desires, there will be occasions when you will fall in the pits. First express your gratitude for all that He has already given you, take stock of His infinite Gifts, and then become happy for What He is to you. Gradually you will see that you don’t have to pray for the fulfillment of your desires, they will happen as fragrance happens to flowers. First love Him/Her and then All Is Yours, not in bits and pieces, but as a Whole.
~~Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

“You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”

– Oscar Wilde

1 Like

NT Wright concerning some people’s interpretation of the Cross as God showing His violent nature, that ‘someone’s got to die’, etc.

1 Like

What book is that from?

The Day the Revolution Began.

1 Like

“The God of benevolence, in whose hands sin and death are but instruments of everlasting good, and who, bringing all things ‘out of darkness into His marvelous light,’ proceeds watchfully, and unchangingly to the great, final object of His providence, the restoration of the whole human race to purity and happiness.” -Sir Thomas Moore-

Restoration= Present progressive experience of being saved leading to being made righteous.

“The secret of happiness is to admire without desiring.”-- Carl Sandburg

“Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you. In the first place, if they had better things going on in their lives, they wouldn’t have the time to sit around and talk about you. What’s important to me is not others’ opinions of me, but what’s important to me is my opinion of myself.”

– C. JoyBell C.

One major obstacle to happiness in life is programmed behaviour of judgemental attitude. Watch if your mind space is preoccupied with what is wrong with others and the world around you, you are deepening your program of becoming unhappy. You will not have the eye to see so much good in others and the world around you. Who is depriving whom? Who is losing out?

Life is what you make out of it. It is continually what you are choosing! Chose well, and all is well.

~~ Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

“My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.”-- Michael Jordan

“Make America Great Again” - Donald Trump
“When has America EVER been great?” - Eric Holder

1 Like

"True teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross; then, having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create their own."

– Nikos Kazantzakis

“Our task as image-bearing, God-loving, Christ-shaped, Spirit-filled Christians, following Christ and shaping our world, is to announce redemption to a world that has discovered its fallenness, to announce healing to a world that has discovered its brokenness, to proclaim love and trust to a world that knows only exploitation, fear and suspicion” -N.T. Wright-

1 Like

At times you are confronted with unpleasant situations at home or in work. Do you think others are wrong? Someone is causing you hurt? It is time for mindfulness practice. Take a break from all your inner chatter. Breathe often 10 cycles of mindful breaths. Just find a little time in the morning to write the grace and blessings and gifts you received in life. Fill yourself with feeling of gratitude. Invoke positive feelings of love and forgiveness.
Let go, let go, let go. Just declutter. Things will start to look brighter.
Happy day!!
~~ Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

“My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.”-- Ellen DeGeneres

“Jesus doesn’t give an explanation for the pain and sorrow of the world. He comes where the pain is most acute and takes it upon himself. Jesus doesn’t explain why there is suffering, illness, and death in the world. He brings healing and hope. He doesn’t allow the problem of evil to be the subject of a seminar. He allows evil to do its worst to him. He exhausts it, drains its power, and emerges with new life.” -N.T. Wright-