The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Quote for today

“If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.”-- Jack Kornfield

“Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. It is, in fact, the one thing that still stands when all else has fallen.” - J.B. Phillips-

“Punishment never heals. Only love can heal.” ~~ Bill Wilson of Alcoholics Anonymous

1 Like

“One day I saw a flower and began to contemplate its fragrance and beauty. As I thought more deeply, I recognized the creator of such wonders- not with my mortal eyes but with my spiritual eyes. This filled my heart with joy, but my joy was still greater when I recognized that same creator at work within my own soul. How wonderful is God, separate from creation yet ever filling it with his glorious presence.” - Sadhu Sundar Singh-

Simplicity and humility are the most powerful spiritual qualities that manifest in the heart of one who is in love with the Divine. True power lies in being simple, humble and open to God 's infinite love for each one of us. I have heard people saying those who are simple and humble are mostly exploited. It may be true. But the nature says a different story, when a tree is laden with fruits, it bends down so that all can reach and share its bounties.
~~Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

“Our lives are to be used and thus to be lived as fully as possible, and truly it seems that we are never so alive as when we concern ourselves with other people.”-- Harry Chapin

1 Like

“The fact of God is necessary for the fact of man. Think God away and man has no ground of existence.”

“God wants the whole person and He will not rest till He gets us in entirety. No part of the man will do."

~A.W.Tozer

“Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.”-- Stephen R. Covey

Bruce Lee, the legendary martial art actor, said these wonderful words, "Be like water." What a profound message to all of us. Of course it is a state of high spiritual attainment where your ego becomes supple to the point of being fluid so that you flow instead of doing anything, flexible to the core, you are intensely powerful as you fit into any situation and circumstance and move through it with ease and effortlessness.
Contemplate on that message, chew it, make it your own, so that you too can flow like water.
~~Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

“There are so many more important things to worry about than how you’re perceived by strangers.”-- Dennis Lehane

1 Like

Sometimes it’s not enough to know what things mean, sometimes you have to know what things don’t mean."-- Bob Dylan

God is nameless, for no man can either say or understand aught about Him. If I say, God is good, it is not true; nay more; I am good, God is not good. I may even say, I am better than God; for whatever is good, may become better, and whatever may become better, may become best. Now God is not good, for He cannot become better. And if He cannot become better, He cannot become best, for these three things, good, better, and best, are far from God, since He is above all. ~~ Meister Eckhart (Christian Mystic)

“It is a matter of glimpsing that in God’s new creation, of which Jesus’s resurrection is the start, all that was good in the original creation is reaffirmed. All that has corrupted and defaced it–including many things which are woven so tightly in to the fabric of the world as we know it that we can’t imagine being without them–will be done away. Learning to live as a Christian is learning to live as a renewed human being, anticipating the eventual new creation in and with a world which is still longing and groaning for that final redemption.” - N.T. Wright-

A mechanical "thank you" does not touch hearts. "Thank you" has to come from a state of "thankfulness". Thankfulness can only come from the practice of "gratefulness". Humanity has only fanned the "education of the brain" which has created greed and selfishness. Now each one of us has to initiate the culture and "education of the heart". Like many skills, we need to learn the skill of being grateful for what we have and lead a mindful life of empathy and compassion. Meditate upon your heart center; let your brain and heart work in harmony to give you and the world true celebration of "Grateful Living".Gratitude infinite!~~Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

“Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday.”-- Napoleon Hill

1 Like

“It is easy to be a slave to the letter, and difficult to enter into the spirit; easy to obey a number of outward rules, difficult to enter intelligently and self-sacrificingly into the will of God.” -Frederic Farrar-

“If ever I want to amuse myself with an idiot, I have not far to look for one. I laugh at myself.” -Frederic Farrar-

“When we believe that God is Father, we also believe that such a father’s hand will never cause his child a needless tear. We may not understand life any better, but we will not resent life any longer.” - Dr. William Barclay-

1 Like

“If you want to be a true professional, you will do something outside yourself. Something to repair tears in your community. Something to make life a little better for people less fortunate than you. That’s what I think a meaningful life is - living not for oneself, but for one’s community.”-- Ruth Bader Ginsburg

2 Likes

There is a powerful desire for union with God, the oneness Christ refers to in John 17. Another perhaps equally close analogue would be love between parent and small child; and this kind of love too is often employed in scripture as a figure for love of God - both God’s love for us and our love for Him. Here too there is longing, yearning, desire for closeness ~~ Alvin Plantinga

1 Like

Energy cannot be destroyed, it can only be transferred or transformed. Find your areas of weakness, hurts or pains, ponder over them and work diligently to convert your attitude toward them and try to rise above it to realize their purpose. Nothing happens in life without a purpose. What you gave is coming back to you, what you are giving shall come back to you. Watch your energy patterns of thoughts and emotions in a state of non-judgmental awareness, they will be transformed giving you bounties of strengths and happiness. You alone are the architect of your destiny. Allow the seed god to flower! ~~Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

1 Like

“A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.” -Smith Wigglesworth-

When I was much younger, Wigglesworth’s book “Ever Increasing Faith” made quite an impression on me. If I remember correctly, he claimed to have never read any book but the Bible.

Dear Dave: Smith Wigglesworth would not even allow a newspaper into his home. He was a simple man with profound faith and one the Lord of glory used in remarkable ways indeed. I do not know if Ever Increasing Faith is on line, but 50 years ago it had a huge impact on me as well. What a wonderful heritage our Father has seen fit to give us.