The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Quote for today

For some years AA power-drivers ran hog-wild. But out of this fearsome situation, the Twelve Steps and the Twelve Traditions of AA were formulated. Mainly these were principles designed for ego reduction, and therefore the reduction of our fears. These were the principles which we hoped would hold us in unity and increasing love for each other and God ~~ Bill Wilson of Alcoholics Anonymous. The Best of Bill, page 19

“A mistake that makes you humble is better than an achievement that makes you arrogant.”-- Author Unknown

1 Like

The Power of Silence is beyond expression. It can only be experienced in the cave of our hearts given to the Lord. Silence is the Gateway to the world of the unknowable. Those who seek the divine, as they practice meditation and prayerfulness, the desire to talk and talk and talk and thereby prove the existence of one’s own self becomes less and less important. When we talk unnecessarily, which most of us do most often, we waste a lot of our energy. Instead, when we talk less and talk sense, we start conserving our energy that transmutes itself into the Power of Silence.~~Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

"It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad."-- C. S. Lewis

1 Like

“Trust him. And when you have done that, you are living the life of grace. No matter what happens to you in the course of that trusting - no matter how many waverings you may have, no matter how many suspicions that you have bought a poke with no pig in it, no matter how much heaviness and sadness your lapses, vices, indispositions, and bratty whining may cause you - you believe simply that Somebody Else, by his death and resurrection, has made it all right, and you just say thank you and shut up. The whole slop-closet full of mildewed performances (which is all you have to offer) is simply your death; it is Jesus who is your life. If he refused to condemn you because your works were rotten, he certainly isn’t going to flunk you because your faith isn’t so hot. You can fail utterly, therefore, and still live the life of grace. You can fold up spiritually, morally, or intellectually and still be safe. Because at the very worst, all you can be is dead - and for him who is the Resurrection and the Life, that just makes you his cup of tea.” - Robert Farrar Capon-

“In ten years’ time will you look back at your past week and be glad how you chose to spend it?”-- Freequill

Whenever you fall into old patterns you are gripped by negative emotions of anxiety and frustrations. Unhappiness is a state of mind where one is living with emotions that were experienced in the past and projecting into the future what is yet to come. To be unhappy you have to embrace negative emotions that are past related. You are living in the DEAD past. You can do so only when you sacrifice the infinite GRACE that is available only in the PRESENT. You can only be ALIVE in the present, for only the present is alive. Past is dead, future has not come yet. Meditation creates the skill to bring your mind to the PRESENT and present you with the Gift of Life that is Alive. Don’t just vegetate, live, be Alive! ~~Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

"Plant the seeds of beautiful ideas in your mind and water them with belief."-- Author Unknown

2 Likes

"All the broken and dislocated pieces of the universe - people and things, animals and atoms - get properly fixed and fit together in vibrant harmonies, all because of his death, his blood that poured down from the Cross. "

-The Message-

What verse is that, FL?

Col 1:20 in the MESSAGE

1 Like

Dear Dave: I have been tied down for a mite with some of the lunatics that still dwell at the foot of the mountain. I must thank Invernessian for rising to the occasion. May the God of the majestic bless each of you!

Whatever the external situation, we have to first maintain our calm and understand the situation impartially, not taking it personally, and then act mindfully. If you practice being mindful, you will see you can avoid so many mental agitations that happen due to our conditioned mind trying to control situations. Know that your calm mind is your greatest leadership quality.
BE MINDFUL TO BE PEACEFUL!
~~Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari

“If you focus on the hurt, you will continue to suffer. If you focus on the lesson, you will continue to grow.”-- Author Unknown

Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone’s face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come. Henri Nouwen

1 Like

“We cannot exercise our faith beyond what we believe to be possible.” -John G.Lake-

“Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried, but you’ve actually been planted. Bloom.”-- Christine Caine

1 Like

“Stay kind. It makes you beautiful.”-- Najwa Zebian

1 Like

“Do not measure God’s mind by your own.” -George MacDonald-

Question

How do you make God laugh? >>>>>>>

Tell Him your plan.

What you are tomorrow is what you are now becoming. -David E.L. Johnson-

“It’s easy to judge. It’s more difficult to understand. Understanding requires compassion, patience, and a willingness to believe that good hearts sometimes choose poor methods. Through judging, we separate. Through understanding, we grow.”-- Doe Zantamata

“The ultimate lake experience is a trip to the Lake of all lakes, the Lake of Fire & Deity.” -FineLinen-

“Acquaint yourself with your own ignorance.” -Sir Isaac Watts-

“Learning to trust is one of life’s most difficult tasks.” -Isaac Watts-

“Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory.” - William Barclay-

1 Like