The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Ralph Martin: UR undermines Catholic Church's world mission

patheos.com/blogs/standingonmyhead/2013/08/will-many-be-saved.html

:confused: :frowning: Article allows commenting.

There are still 1.1 billion Catholics despite the RCCs not having much of a mission per se for the past couple of centuries, somewhat over half the Christians on the planet.

I wish UR undermined our missions that much. :laughing:

Also, I’ve gotten the impression that the “Divine Mercy” mandate has been very successful in mission work for the RCC in the past decade or so (well, only a blip by RCC population standards, but massively huge by most Protestant standards); and we know Catholic universalists (and authorities highly sympathetic to them) were and are heavily involved in that.

I posted on the site, but haven’t seen it come up yet. Basicly I affirmed that the reason for lack in evangelism is a lack of love for God and love for people. And then I looked at several reasons I find UR very inspirational and empowering concerning evangelism. It’s from a different perspective so it will be interesting to see if it develops any discussion.

Wow… what a disgusting view of ones fellow humanity. And what a reprehensible view of God, to suggest that He created the vast majority of humanity for them to all be “wasted.”

Me too.

I basically said that a shepherd who loses most of his sheep isn’t good, but bad.

We’ll see if it passes the censors. :slight_smile:

Yeah, doesn’t sit well with me either :neutral_face:

Haven’t seen either Sherman’s or dad’s comments so I doubt they’ll allow mine either :frowning:

Hey, they added our posts, but they buried them in the middle. Interesting.

Sad to say, he’s kind-of following Lewis on this point. (Or Lewis was following some earlier thinkers, which is just as likely.)

Argh, my browser doesn’t like Disqus (and/or vice versa), so I can’t get a reply window to stay open; but I was going to point out something if someone else wants to take a shot at it:

Odd that the Lord then directly contradicted His own teaching by going on to warn the guy who asked that question that he was going to be really upset one day when he sees many people coming from all corners of the compass to recline with the patriarchs and the prophets, but he himself thrown out into the darkness where the weeping is and the gnashing of teeth! Thus the first will be last and the last will be first (a usual Synoptic indication of a reversal-expectation parable/judgment).

Even if I was (still) ECT, I wouldn’t appeal to that scripture for evidence only a few are being saved. There are numerous scriptures indicating a number beyond human reckoning being saved, starting with (and no doubt anchored in) God’s covenant with Abraham about the excessive number of (clearly spiritual) children he would have.

Still, it’s nice to see that the RCC allows its priests to contradict papal statements – can hardly complain about a lack of freedom to disagree there! :laughing:

I have it sorted by Newest, and so your post, and Alex and Allan’s are at the top for me.

Oops, my bad. You’re correct.

don’t worry Alex, the Good news of the Kingdom will be preached in the world then the end will come,
everyone will know about it at the end, many think idea of UR is dangerous :laughing:

and God is in control, he is revealing the Good news himself step by step :slight_smile:

I don’t want to judge them but many think they are the TRUE believers of the Real Jesus Christ :smiley:
specially the ECTs (Good news is not just about Jesus crucifixion for sins)

that day he will say to them depart from me I never knew you, and they will be shocked :astonished:

the one who Jesus warned us to come out of it in Revelation was the Doctrine of Hell. :wink:

A response, of sorts, to Martin and Longenecker: The Catholic Church and the Return of Hell.