The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Roman's Road

Most of us evangelicals are familiar with the scripture in Romans that we have been taught to read to those who want to be saved. I had an experience a few days ago that changed my mind about the word saved in Romans particularly 10:13 Whosoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. I was praying about a particular situation the other day and I simply said “Lord save me” meaning from the situation. I realized later that my attitude about the situation had changed without any effort of my own. Can anyone tell me what the word saved means in these verses?

I think saved (‘Sozo’) here is multifaceted even though the reference from Joel 2:32 speaks directly of the “Great and terrible day of the Lord”. In a broad sense it means to escape from whatever the threat is ie: deliverance/safety/freedom from destruction or sickness or peril. “Wholeness”. I believe it is also a component of the name “Jesus” which reads (literally) “The self existent one makes free”.

How strange that I, (the super-heretic) is the only one to respond to mr. quick on this???
Just sayin’… :confused:

I don’t think it strange. There isn’t that much traffic, period.

I think that must be it. :neutral_face:

Judging motive is a tricky sport.

Or in my case, I just don’t know anything about the subject - JASON!!