These brief notes look at Christology in Romans, and Romans by liberal standards is an undisputed authentic letter of Paul.
- Paul serves Christ.
- The gospel of God is about God’s Son who is also an earthly descendant of David.
- Christ was appointed the Son of God in power by his resurrection from the dead.
- Jesus Christ is the Lord of Christians.
- Paul blesses the church in the name of God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Paul thanks God through Christ.
God judges peoples secrets through Jesus Christ.
- Righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.
- All who believe are justified by God’s grace through the redemption from Jesus Christ.
- God presented Jesus Christ as a sacrifice for atonement.
The Spirit of God is equated with the Spirit of Christ.
Nothing can separate us from the love of Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Believers declare that Jesus is Lord and believe that God raised Jesus from the dead.
- The Lord richly blesses all who call on him.
- Jesus is identified as YHWH in a quote from Joel 2:32.
- Believers belong to Christ the Lord.
- Every knee will bow to YHWH according to Isaiah 45:23.