The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Some days, I can't stand it...

This is why I believe that the works of God are of utmost importance. I am at odds with the idea that we are simply saved by faith. I see the effects of it taking place in this age of “entitlement.” I am very blessed to have been born in America and raised in the word of God. I definitely agree with you Dave. These blessings have come from the hard work and sacrifice of the many that have walked before us, and we must continue to work for the here and now as well as the generations yet to be born. Looking at the world around us, seeing all the pain and suffering that goes on, it’s sometimes hard to believe that we can make a difference. I would imagine that this is pretty much how the apostles and disciples must have felt. But, were it not for their belief in God, putting their faith in His word and His spirit and doing the things He told them to do, we would not be where we are today. As Paidion mentions, whether our contributions are big or small, it all adds up. Becoming actively involved in helping others not only lifts our spirits, but it helps to keep our minds busy and focused on making the world a better place.

Well put, LLC, I agree with you.

Well, Dave, when reading this initial thread and the title, it reminded me of this video: :smiley:

Well, this thread just took a turn, didn’t it?

Well, actors and actresses like to follow a script. But the creative ones like to ad lib. :smiley:

So true!!

I ran across this old but great thread a few minutes ago. It was a theme that everyone seemed interested and invested in. Plus we all got along better in those days, it seems.
The OP was by me as ‘anonymous’/
Other posters said some very wise things, which have stayed with me.

1 Like