The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Some of my favorite UR verses

I have been convinced of the truth of Universal reconciliation for 3.5 years now and I’m still learning…here’s some gr8 verses that have played a role in convincing me of the Truth of UR or ‘Apocatastasis’…
1 Corinthians 15:22 ►For as in Adam ALL die, so in Christ ALL will be made alive
1 Corinthians 15:28 ► When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be ALL in ALL.
Romans 5:18 ►Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for ALL people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for ALL people.
Romans 5:19 ►For just as through the disobedience of the one man THE MANY were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man THE MANY will be made righteous.In the Greek ‘the many’ is hoi poloi, the term is used to designate ALL humanity who sin in Adam and ALL humanity who will be redeemed in Christ.
Romans 5:20 ►The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,
Romans 11:32 ► For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.
Romans 5:21 ►so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 John 4:14 ► And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Saviour of the world. Either Jesus saves and redeems the entire world, or He does not. I believe He does not fail and ultimately redeems ALL.
1 John 2:2 ► He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
John 1:29 ► The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! Either Jesus takes away the sin of the world or He does not.
John 12:32 ►And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL people to myself. “Jesus plainly states He draws ALL to Himself.
1 Corinthians 15:26 ►The last enemy to be destroyed is death. Death will be destroyed, done away with, which disproves the idea billions of human beings will be annihilated and suffer eternal death (non-existence) .
Philippians 2:10 ►that at the name of Jesus EVERY knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and EVERY tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. The Greek word for ‘confess’ is ‘exomologeó’ which means TRUE and sincere confession from the heart which is the only sort of confession that gives glory to God (in the Bible, God hates insincere forced hypocritical confession) .
1 Timothy 2:4 ► “God our Saviour will have ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.”
John 5:22-23 ► “For the Father judges no man but has committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That ALL men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. The word honour means to prize or revere. All people will eventually prize and revere Jesus and His judgment will play a vital role in accomplishing this
Acts 3:20-21► “And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of ALL things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.” *When Jesus comes all will be fully restored. This is no secret. God has talked about since the world began. Will you believe it?
1 John 4:14 – “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.” This verse gives us a title for Jesus and His mission: Saviour of the world. Will He or won’t He fulfil His title and mission? How could you or I bet against Him succeeding? He is and will be the Saviour of the world – everyone…all people…yes, really, all people. Now that’s good news…no, that’s great news!
1 Peter 3:19,20 ►After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits, to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water.’ Proof that Jesus proclaimed the gospel, post- mortem, to the most wicked generation in history
1 Peter 4: 6 ► “For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh but live according to God in the spirit. “the Gospel was preached post- mortem to those who had died.
John 3:35► “The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.” “All things,” here, means all intelligent beings. So say the best commentators. (The word things is in italics in the KJV which means it is not in the Greek. We are not talking about trees here.)
John 17:2►"Thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him." This plainly states that it was God’s design, in giving Christ dominion over all flesh, that they should all enjoy eternal life
John 6:37► “All that the Father giveth me, shall come to me, and him that cometh to me I will in nowise cast out.” These three propositions are irrefutable evidence of the final reconciliation of all human beings to God. 1st. God has given all things to Christ. 2d. All that God has given him shall come to him; and 3d. him that cometh he will in nowise cast out. All are given; all shall come; and none shall be cast out. What is the unavoidable conclusion?
Psalms 2:8► “Ask of me, and I will give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. God hath given all things to Christ, as the moral Ruler of the world.
1Tim. 2:4►"Who will have all men to be saved and come unto the knowledge of the truth. “God wills to save ALL.
2 Peter 3:9 ►The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some count slowness; but is patient with us, not resolutely resolving that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. God resolutely resolves to save ALL.
John 4:34►"My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.” Jesus came to do the will of God
Heb. 10:9►"Lo, I come to do they will, O God." The will of God is, that all men be saved. This is his will, by way of distinction and pre-eminence. Jesus came to do this will. He came as the Saviour, as the Saviour of all men. He came as the good Shepherd, to seek and save that which was lost. He came to save all men, not only those who lived on the earth while he was here, but all who lived before, and all who have since lived, and all who shall live. Jesus gave himself a ransom for all; he tasted death for every man; and unto him, at last, every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall confess him Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Such is the way in which Jesus does the will of God.
1 Tim. 2:1► “I exhort, therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men.” Would God inspire the hearts of his saints to pray for the salvation of all mankind, if he knew they would not all be saved?
Dan. 4:35 ► “He doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?” The will of God cannot be resisted, and it is God’s will that ultimately, ALL be saved. Who can resist a being of Almighty power? What God wills to take place, must take place. He wills the salvation of all men because it is right. A God of purity cannot desire endless sin and rebellion. If he wills the salvation of all men, he wills all the means by which it shall be accomplished; it must therefore take place.
Job 23:13►"He is in one mind, and who can turn him. “God will not change His mind regarding redeeming ALL.
1 John 4:8►"God is love. “God’s very ESSENCE is LOVE…everything else He is, His justice, holiness, His providence, flows from that.
Rom. 13:10►"Love worketh no ill." This is a very forcible argument. God’s nature is the very essence of benevolence, and benevolence cannot be the origin of endless evil. If love worketh no ill, God can work no ill; and, therefore, God cannot be the author of endless evil.
1 Timothy 4:10 ►’That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.’ ‘Especially’ is not used in the exclusive sense but in the sense of ‘as well as, in a special sense’

2 Likes